Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 32

There was no way that Brian, Jimmy, Johnny and Dave would miss out on a chance to finally meeting the mystery woman that managed to make Zacky talk like a 13-years old having a crush on a cheerleader! The last time he had been this obsessed with a woman had been back in high school, when he had seen the boobs of a girl in the changing rooms.
After Matt had pretty much thrown a fit in the studio, they had been watching him for about an hour, pacing back and forth in the small vocal booth, screaming and cussing, until he had calmed down, rejoining the others. He seemed down, but not as angry anymore. Although no one wanted to admit it: they were all thinking what Zack had thrown against Matt, but in no way did any of them see it there place to actually tell him that.
They had headed to Jimmy's place, where Leana had made dinner for all of them, loving it when she was able to get to see her man during recordings, seen that they were putting way too much time into everything.

"So, when are we heading to the bar? I really think I'll need a drink after this shitty afternoon. And maybe some of the pretty ladies at Excess can cheer me up a little, seen that Zack will prolly be all over his new woman and get me furious with it!"

Matt stretched his arms, after having rubbed his tummy, signalling Leana that he had loved the food. He was glad that he had let off some steam at the studio earlier, and after his 3rd beer here at Jimmy's place, he felt almost relaxed. He was still angry at Zack for stating the obvious earlier on, but he was simply not used to anyone challenging him.

"Well, it's almost 8.30 now, Zacky mentioned that him and his missus will be there at around 9. We could always go a little early and get us a table, unless you want to go to the VIP area...which I would suggest, unless you guys wanna get tailed by crazy women all night."

Jimmy thought out loud, Leana giving him an angry look, before slapping the back of his head.

"Crazy women tailing you? Guess that means I better be getting my good shoes on, there is no way in hell I'll let a swarm of girls drool all over you Jimmy Sullivan! Sorry to spoil the fun!"

She almost pouted, but all of the guys knew she was only joking. She knew as well as anybody else, that he loved Leana to death, and would never in his wildest dreams cheat on her or give a second look to any other girl but her, he even got her name tattooed on his ring finger just after they got engaged.

"Awh, come on! You know there's only one woman in my life, and that's my mom!"

Everybody laughed, as Leana started hammering her little fists against his back. They always had way too much fun play- fighting, and at the same time managed to entertain all the guys.

“Ok, sounds good to me. I am well fed, lined my stomach with great food so I can get wasted. Last drinking night was just too long ago!”

Dave said, as his phone vibrated. He flicked through the just received text message and his eyes widened. Quickly, he dialed a number, nibbling his nails. Matt and Brian looked at him in interest, as Dave was someone hardly ever disturbed in his silent and relaxed ways.

“What you mean you and her are in town?”

Dave almost stumbled over his words, not even introducing himself as someone apparently picked up the call.

“When the hell did that happen? And why did you not tell me? I was talking to her earlier…and she didn’t mention anything. No I am not snapping at- damn Sandra, shut the fuck up for one second! Where are you guys!”

Matt stared at Dave, who was now grabbing for a cigarette, as Leana silently shoved him towards the back door, she hated it when people smoked in her house. Dave was now standing on the deck behind the house, apparently listening as to what his sister was telling him. Matt was torn between rushing out to have a better listen, or simply sitting here, waiting until Dave would elaborate later. Hearing Dave’s sister’s name, and the mention of a previous phone conversation, he knew it was about Lea as well. He was too nosy to sit still, he quickly stepped outside, leaning against the wall near to Dave, hoping that he would catch some pieces of his conversation.
Dave was painfully aware about Matt’s presence, but with the news he had just received, he was too enraged to keep his voice down.

“Are you even listening to yourself? Nothing you say explains remotely as to why you and Lea suddenly appear here in Cali, and don’t let me or any of the guys know…and are now seemingly drunk already, judging by Lea’s giggle in the background. Where are you two gonna crash?”

To this, Matt was listening up. He could hear music blaring through the phone from the other end of the line. Seen that it was impossible for Matt to understand anything, he just looked hopefully towards Dave, fixing his hazel eyes onto his face, making clear that he wanted to know everything that was said, and not willing to repeat all of his sister’s gibberish, Dave simply put the conversation on loudspeaker.

“I am so crashing at your place, but Lea’s still too pissed off with you to come as well –“

"That is so not true, I just don’t wanna have to stay in the room that bastard fucked that girl. Bad memories!”

Both Matt and Dave could hear Lea's voice from near Sandra somewhere. Once more, Matt cringed. He had by far gotten enough accusations today.

“Yeah, whatever she says. But don’t worry, she got a place to stay bro’ . We are near the PCH at the moment, in some bar, it’s friggin’ fun! Lotta guys wanting to buy us drinks, but we just ignored them, apart from those two dudes…ha! Hell, I already love Cali…and no, I am not drunk, and neither is she. But we so will be in a while, trust me! Which reminds me…I really gotta put down the phone now, she’s about to get hauled away by these two guys there, haha, that’s what happens when I tell her to dress sexy! Lea-“

They could hear the two girls laugh and giggle, some male voices in the background that were now mixed with the music, some terrible pop shit. As Sandra’s voice came back, Matt was almost relieved, imagining Lea being dragged outside a bar by some guys was too much to take in for him.

“Ok, got everything under control. Cali boys seem to like us, we should have come out here before! Anyhow, I gotta go, I’ll let you know what we’re doing later, someone mentioned a metal or rock club or something…Excess? We’ll stay here for another few drinks and then head over there. Bye”

Dave just stared at his phone in disbelief.

“Right, Excess it is…right now! Who’s with me?”

Matt exclaimed as he stormed back into the kitchen, where everybody else was sitting, looking at them as if they wanted to hear the news.

“So, did we hear right? Both Lea and Sandra are in town and are getting tailed by men? Wow! Who would have thought!”

Brian said, his brows cocked. The world was playing crazy lately, and to be honest, he could do without all the tension going on between Matt and Zack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok people...comments would be nice! Especially since the next 2 Chapters are gonna be AWESOME!