Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 36

[Four months later]

'Avenged Sevenfold' had been released just a little over 6 weeks ago, and all the guys were amazed about the success that their latest album was scoring after this short time. Sales within the first 4 weeks had by far exceeded those of their 'City of Evil', and the amount of media coverage they were getting was plain and simple amazing. It seemed like everybody wanted a piece of them. In between interviews with radio stations and about every music mag and fanzine around the globe- or so it felt like- , TV appearances became almost a routine, endorsement deals were renewed or offered, and everything was pretty much damn perfect, the dates of the US and European Tour fast approaching.

Matt and Zack's relationship had simmered down to a somewhat normal level again, much to the relief of the rest of the bandmates, Dave, Leana and Lea. Of course Matt had let the others in on Zack's and Lea's secret, causing Dave to simply ignore both of them for a whole week, being pissed off that he had worried about her so much, while she had been right under his nose the whole time.
However normal their friendship used to be, Zack knew better then to just assume that Matt was actually ok with him dating Lea. It was the looks he gave her, the times he 'happened' to touch her, that clearly proved to Zack, that Matt was by far not over her, and his pretending that he was, scared him. Matt wasn't someone who usually pretended that things were fine if in his head they weren't, so having him develope an almost tight-knit friendship was something, that Zacky almost frowned upon...he knew it wouldn't stay at this! Matt would try and make his move at some stage, sooner or later.

Lea had left for NYC the day before the album was released, in order sort out things at home, sell her apartment, and get rid of her little studio she was renting for work. It had taken her a while to get her head around the idea to move in with Zack, but his constant begging made her give in at some stage. It all made sense really: the relationship would never work if they both stayed where they were, and he couldn't just move to New York, leaving his band behind, seen that this were not only his friends, but more like his job and livelyhood as well. It wouldn't be too hard to get herself established at the West Coast either. She had customers in the music business, that would always stay in touch with her, and there were lots of opportunities just outside LA to build up a small studio.
She missed Zacky, in fact, she missed all of the guys, they had grown kinda close ever since her relationship had been out in the open. And she loved Jimmy's girl, could relate to her so much, though she'd never know how Leana managed to keep all of them sane, once they were out drinking.
Zacky had insisted that she wouldn't pay anything if she'd move in with him, it was his house none the less, the only running costs were electricity and phone/ internet bill, and he could easily take care of that. She had decided to keep her apartment in Brooklyn, threatening him, that if he ever fucked up, she would go back to New York without hesitation, and both of them knew she ment it!
She knew that Zacky and the guys were at some radio interview, as she let 2 suitcases fall next to his...their bed, wiping small sweat drops off her forhead. She hadn't told anyone that she'd be arriving today, their schedule would have been too busy, and she didn't want to be a burden, she knew that Zack would have insisted on picking her up from LA, and they would have had to cancel with the radio station. She didn't want to start her life with him by him having to organize things around her. God, she loved the weather out here! The stuff that she needed with her would be shipped over within the next few days, it would be weird mixing her things with his, seen that his house had its own style already, but he had insisted. But since she had kept her apartment, she hadn't packed all too much to bring with her anyhow, mainly things she needed for work, and some personal stuff. All her clothes were in the 2 huge suitcases she had barely managed to drag up the stairs, under a lot of curse words leaving her lips!
Throwing herself on the bed, she took some deep breaths. So this was it! She was now officially living in California, being the girlfriend of a rockstar! She giggled, as her cell vibrated to an older Dimmu Borgir song, signaling that she had received a txt.

'I am missing you babe, on my way back home, wish you'd be there so I could do all those naughty things you like so much...2 months is enough, come back!"

She laughed as she turned around on her belly, typing a reply with swift fingers.

'I have a surprise for you!'

It only took a few seconds before her phone was blarring Avenged Sevenfold's 'Brompton Cocktail' the ringtone Zack had chosen for himself. She quickly decided on how to react, as she picked up the call.

"What do you mean, what surprise, you know I hate surprises! What is it...tell me now!"

Lea was laughing into the phone: he could be so cute sometimes, not really complying with the bad-ass rocker image at all, that he tried to project onto himself sometimes. She went to the bathroom, switching on the water in the shower, waiting for it to run warm.

"Zack, a surprise means that you are being left in the dark about something, until the moment is right, I am not telling you! Live with it!"

She could hardly manage to wipe the smile off her face, she could practically see that his brows were cocked, sporting an unhappy facial expression.

"Lea Hernandez, you know I hate shit like this! Wait, you about to go into the shower? Damn woman, thanks for making me think of your naked body, I should hate you for this! You know how hard it was not to think about your body without getting a hard on these past 2 months?"

Once more, she had to laugh.

"Ok babe...I'll tell you. I left something in your house for you, I am actually pretty amazed you didn't find it yet! What are you and the guys doing?"

"Nothing, we just got done with the interview shit, am on my way home, should be there in 10. What did you hide, and where?"

Lea walked over to her suitcase and picked up a brand new bra and thong, that she had bought just for this occasion, smiling as her fingers played with the see through, dark red material.

"Oh, you'll see soon enough babe. Gimme a call when you found it...it's in the bedroom. Love ya!"

With that she hung up the phone, walking back into the bathroom, entering the shower, letting herself be surrounded by the warm water.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, a short one, but I need some time to buil the plot up slowly, lol