Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 43

There was a lot of cheering going around when Zacky and Lea entered the bar, but as soon as 4 pairs of eyes ended up on Gena, who had followed us with her head held up high, the noise died. Their eyes were asking 'what the fuck is she doing here', and none of them made any effort greeting her, they stood there as if they were struck by lightening. Leana was the only one with manners though she couldn't really stand Gena, walking over to her and giving her a half- hearted embrace, starting off some sort of smalltalk as she grabbed her elbow to tear her away from the rest of the group near the door, though the look she threw Zack suggested that she couldn't believe that he had the nerve to bring her to their hangout after all the troubles she had caused in the past.
All Lea wanted to do was drown her frustration, so by the time the guys had finished their first beer, she was already gulping the rest of her 2nd bottle. Zack and Brian strolled over to a vacant pool table and as soon as they had turned their back to her, Lea quickly ordered 2 double tequila and had knocked them back in no time, not wanting her boyfriend to know that she was in one of her liquor moods. That would tell him that something was bothering her, and she didn't want to spill the beans about the conversation her and Gena had had at the house.

"Wow...slow down there L. ! You usually only hit the liquor if something is wrong or you're nervous...what's up?"

Matt asked as she signaled the bartender for 2 more double shots, gratefully placing them in front of her. Lea wasn't known to be a Drama Queen, and bitching to Matt wouldn't really help anything. But maybe it was better to vent some of the anger, before she'd drink even more tequila and ended up drunk, and most likely punching Gena's face for her comments earlier.

"It's just...that woman. She comes to our place with me getting like 10 minutes prior warning, and then she point blank threatens me that she will have him back in no time and that she'll fuck his brains out. I thought I'd be able to be the bigger person...but here I am: sculling back double shots of tequila because I am already dreading the first night of her staying with us. Silly me, huh?"

Matt now fully turned around to face her, eyebrows slightly raised as he watched her down tequila shots number 3 and 4 in record time. She wore that little black outfit that him and probably every other guy loved, but he knew as well, that she wasn't usually dressed up like this, and it was certainly the first time ever, that he had seen her in heels! Nice! She looked amazing, and although her smiling face tried to mask it, her eyes clearly mirrored her emotional uproar.

"Stop and rewind! What you mean with 'staying with us' ? I assumed she bumped into you on the way here and that idiot Baker invited her along! And she threatened you with...what? I'm sorry hon, but I'm obviously dumb. Can you please repeat everything you just said?"

A smile l;it up on her face and he was glad that he had been able to brighten her mood up at least a little bit.

"Zack has offered her to crash at our place for a while. Apparently the guy she was dating kicked her out.He knew since a few days, but only figured out to tell me like 5 minutes before she rang that damn doorbell of ours. And while he almost ripped her throat out at a comment she made about me, he has no idea of the things she said to me while he was having a piss. I don't wanna look like the jealous girlfriend, that can't handle him being around other girls..but after her what she said, about being able to 'push all the right buttons' I am a little apprehensive."

He frowned and looked over her shoulder, where Gena, Leana and Jimmy sat at a table, chatting casually. Not only had this bitch toyed with the feelings of one of his best friends for most part of their relationship, but was now trying to get him back, not caring who got hurt in the process. Anger rose inside of him, and he was especially pissed that Zack had invited her over to stay at his place first and foremost! His fists clenched as Gena threw him an ever-so-sweet smile, until he felt Lea's hand softly massage his arm.

"But hey, she seems a little intimidated by me! You should have seen her outfit when she arrived at our place...she must have had a look at my jeans and tank top I was wearing earlier, convinced that Zacky is now going for the 'simple' look. Have you ever seen her sod dressed down? Plus, she looked like she almost screamed in a rage every time Zack touched or kissed me!"

Just like me Matt thought to himself as he glanced at her now almost happy expression. He reached out his arm and slung it around her shoulder, softly pressing his lips against her cheek.

"She wouldn't stand a chance babe. She burnt him once too often, and he knows what he has in you, Trust me, unlike me, he would never risk the love of his life over a meaningless fuck."

Lea 's and his face were inches apart now, as she returned his gaze.

"You still hurting after you cheating on me? You know...I completely forgot about that after our...you know...after the strip club. And so should you! Months have passed, you have a girl now,...and we have grown closer again, as friends. You are feeling sorry for having hurt me, but the love that we once had just ain't there anymore."

He grabbed her hand and focused in even more on her ebony colored irises.

"What if I do still have the same feeling for you that I had on the very first day I met you?"

He almost whispered, staring down at their entwined fingers, not daring to look up. Yes, things had gotten much better between them since that little incident a few weeks ago, but while he was trying to hide the fact that he had fallen even more for her, she seemed to have regained trust in him. Telling her now that he was still having feelings for her might not have been the smartest thing, but what better or worse time then now really? As she didn't say anything, he looked up at her. Tears were dwelling in her eyes as she tried to look past him, not able to meet his eyes.
Matt as just about to apologize for having mentioned anything at all, when Zacky appeared behind her and snaked his arms around her waist from behind, kissing her neck.

"How is my baby,...did you miss me? You still love me or is that ogre Sanders trying to convince you otherwise?"

He kept on kissing her neck and shoulder, big smile imprinted on his face. He was obviously joking, but right at this moment, Lea was not able to sit in between these men. Not after Matt having suggested that he still wanted and needed her. Not knowing that Gena was most likely throwing them stares already, waiting for her chance to throw herself at Zack.

"Whatever...I am going out for a smoke and to get some frigging air...I can't breath being in between the two of you and that bitch over there! Don't come after me!"

--------------------------

Gena's POV

"Matt and Lea look awfully cozy, they always like that?"

Leana followed my gaze and smiled. I have no idea what's going on anymore! Zack is punch-drunk in love with some skinny EMO chick that was able to transform to Cinderella within moments, Matt was looking too comfortable around Zack's girlfriend and there seemed to be something like a silent agreement between all three of them. Back then, Zack had always been the jealous kind of guy, guys weren't even allowed to talk to her and he would bark at them. But to be honest: she was too flirty and his jealousy had only taken really off after she had started to continuously cheat on him.

"Ah well, something happened between those three a few weeks ago, no one really knows what. Before that she hardly talked to him, almost despised him and Matt hated Zack for betraying his trust, but since a few weeks, the three of them seem to get along great. Think Zack's finally over that stage of fearing that Matt is gonna try and get her back."

Ah...interesting! So Zack was jealous! Competing for one girl with the best friend must be a hard battle! But at least she knew what would be able to set him off, what would make him raging wild and not only go off on Lea, but Matt as well.

Watch out little girl, I am coming back with a Vengeance!
♠ ♠ ♠
You like?
Can you smell the conflict brewing?
Any thoughts as to which way I should swing it?
Comments are always welcome and appreciated!