Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 7

A good 3 hours later the bar was bursting out of its seams, exceeding its capacity of people. The atmosphere was great and everybody had a great time. Dave and Lea had done a lot of catching up, and Matt and his band mates had hit it off with Lea and Sandra straight away. Some fans of Avenged Sevenfold had come by the table to get authographs from the guys. Lea had so far been able to resist Dave’s attempts to get her on stage to sing, and was enjoying the attention that Matt was giving her, being in constant physical contact with her.
However, she was bursting for a pee, and as she got up from Matt’s side, he pulled her back down, pressing a smooth kiss onto her forehead before releasing her hand.
All she could do was give him a soft and dreamy smile in return, before she left for the restrooms, pushing her way through the many people that had turned up tonight.
After having emptied her bladder, she washed her hands and looked at herself in the mirror. She was glowing, even her eyes were smiling. She hadn’t felt this comfortable in her own skin in weeks. As she exited the restrooms, Jay obstructed her path, building himself up right in front of her. The intense look in his eyes spoke books of feelings and memories.

“Hey Lea, how are you doing tonight? You’re looking great! I really miss you, you know?”

The last words he almost whispered, as he moved closer to her ear. Standing this close to him, smelling his earthy cologne, hearing his soft voice, she was stunned for a moment, not knowing how to respond to this unforeseen greeting.

“Thanks, I am doing great. I’ve been busy a lot lately. I better be getting back to the others, Matt must be wondering where I am, excuse me…”

She tried to squeeze past him, but he didn’t give her any room to make her way around him.

“Ah yes, I thought I recognized him and his friends. Avenged Sevenfold from California, right? Funny thing is that you two are so cozy together…you never let guys close that easily…and didn’t you just recently say, you’d never get with a musician again, because we’re all…what words did you use…”cheating bastards” ?”

The smile on his face was easy to read: he didn’t buy the game that both her and Matt were playing one bit! But him pointing this out to her only proved, that he had been watching their every move over the past few hours like a hawk. And seeing her this close to another man was seemingly unsettling him, one way or the other. Slowly remaining her confidence, she gave him the best pitiful smile dhe could and looked straight up into his eyes.

“I see you are grasping on every hope you can, thinking I am still in mourning after I left you. But some guys are simply able to click with me on a personal level. And seen that he’s leaving again after the weekend, I decided to speed up the getting-to-know part a little.”

Just as she had finished the sentence, Matt appeared next to her out of nowhere, wrapping his arm around her flat stomach from behind, placing his chin on top of her head, after kissing her ear.

“You ok L. ? Just thought I’d come over and see what’s going on. Who’s the guy?”

“This is Jay, my ex. Guess he just wanted to say hello, seen that I didn’t talk to him in over 3 weeks, after I found out he was fucking another woman for 5 months.”

Matt was paying his part brilliantly. He reached out his hand to Jay, and shook it.

“ Ho bro. I’m matt. Guess I have to thank you for cheating on your woman, otherwise this lovely lady wouldn’t have given me the time of day! I really hope the new one is worth it. Come on babe, I wanna look for a song for the two of us to sing.”

At this last remark Jay starting laughing:

“ Good luck trying to get her to sing! The whole 5 years I tried to do that, and she always refused, even a duet. Hope we can meet up next week for a chat Lea.”

Without moving another inch, he watched as Lea and Matt walked off. He had been certain that she was only trying to make him jealous, to make him realize what he had lost. But this guy seemed confident in every word he had said. Maybe he’d be able to talk to Sandra later for a few minutes, she was always keen on gossiping, and she had been very valuable these past few weeks, trying to get Lea to talk to him again. For now however, it was an annoying waiting game, that could go both ways for him. He looked at Matt and Lea again, his hands striding down her back, slipping it underneath her top. Whispering things into her ear, making her smile and laugh. He hated seeing this, but leaving now would prove his defeat. Looking at her smile, her glow…damn, she was the prettiest girl he had ever seen, and he had fucked it up.