Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 9

A good 40 minutes later, the two of them were waiting onstage for the video clip and the music to start. His band mates had come up near the stage, and both Sandra and Dave looked very amused, expecting another one of Lea’s half-arsed performances.

“Well, I hope you know this song good, otherwise people gonna laugh at us, and this time, it would not be because of me!”

She said, teasing him. Matt just grabbed her and pressed a kiss on her full lips, leaving her startled, as he back off again when the music started.

“Oh, don’t you worry, we guys are used to beat stage fright, especially when it involves girls.”

Once again, he made her smile, and her confidence grew immensely. Yes, this song didn’t involve too many vocal parts for him, but she knew that he was a someone in the music business, if they actually happened to fuck it up, at least the few fans of his band that were here wouldn’t be too pissed off with him, seen that she did most the singing.

As she started to breath the first notes into the microphone, she was surprised about her strong and clear voice. She actually did want to impress him, as silly as that sounded, him having CDs out, being signed with a major label. She could see him out of the corner of her eyes, he smiled down at her, maybe even a spark of recognition in his eyes. She couldn’t help herself, but actually emphasize the lyrics with her body. She stepped closer to him, placed her hand on his chest, searching for his eyes. His hand was quickly placed on her hip, sliding lower, until he was able to hook his thumb into her back pocket. The chemistry was amazing, she could have dropped the microphone right now, wanting to wrap her legs around his middle…but she had to behave herself, it wouldn’t be the best thing to do, right here, in front of everybody. His vocals were husky, almost growled, she loved it! She regretted that she had chosen a song where he only had such little part in, she would have to apologize for this later.
Their voices worked brilliantly together, perfect harmonies materialized. She discovered Jay in the crowd, the expression on his face was easy to read: He was impressed and revolted at the same time. Impressed of her voice, revolted about her and Matt’s body contact. Towards the end of the song, with all vocal parts over, Matt stared down at her, breathing a little more heavy than normal, his gaze meeting her dark brown eyes, bottomless wells of mystery. He turned fully towards her now, leaning down, softly locking his lips with hers before starting to nibble her lower lip, his tongue tip carefully replacing the nibbles, grazing it over the lower lip, and she let it enter. It seemed like an eternity, before they parted, just as the last tune of the song disappeared into the burning air. They looked at each other, as people started going crazy, clapping, shouting, whistling. The fans that had earlier asked for autographs were screaming their lungs out, for them it must have felt like a private gig almost, one of their idols singing in this tiny place.

“This was great! Why on earth did you not want to sing! You have a sweet-ass voice, you stupid girl!”

Matt grabbed her head in between his hands and kissed her again, shorter, yet harder than the last time, before they had to vacate the small podium to make space for the next person wanting to sing. She was amazed herself, how well she had done…and about his kisses! Her lips were still burning. Things with him came so natural, no hesitation or worries about what-if’s.
As soon as they reached their table again, Dave hugged her frantically.

“Fuck me Lea! All these years of wasting my money on getting you drunk so you sing, and now you do this after just a couple of beers! You two seriously rocked the house. What a great couple you make in deed!”

At this remark, she shrank a little, pulling away from Matt. Sandra knew the change in her friends behaviour: she felt uncomfortable that Dave said “couple”. Though Lea was an outgoing person, she had become shy around guys, ever since going out with Jay. Sandra had never seen Lea as radiant as tonight, Matt’s presence was bringing out the best in her. But Lea’s reaction when Dave had made his comment showed, that she had gone with the flow, not because she was planning on dating this guy.

“Well, seen that my mission for the night has been successfully completed, why don’t we all go back to my place and buy some more booze on the way! At least that way I won’t have to get you guys back there later, when you are all pissed, me ending up having to carry you up the stairs.”

Everybody agreed, and they finished up their drinks. Instantly, Lea reached out for Matt’s hand, looking up into his hazel eyes, as if afraid them leaving this place would mean, his behaviour would change towards her again, seen that all this had started because of Jay. Their eyes locked, his fingers entangling her’s, giving her a re-assuring smile, as if he had read her mind.