Status: In Progress (I'm tryin')

Crossing Stars

August 5, 2008

August 5, 2008

She was fifteen when they met, he was sixteen. He had his camera and was always taking photos. She was in the park he stumbled upon, sitting at the bottom of a tree, sketching and writing storylines to films she wanted to make.

Without her notice he took a couple of candid photos before walking up to her.

“Hey.” He said. “Do you mind if I take your picture?”

She looked up at him. This mysterious boy with blue eyes, dark as midnight, hair just as dark but in brown. This was before he could grow the light stubble of a beard, before his jaw was more defined, before his nose was slightly crooked (twice broken). And it was the first time he saw her striking minty-green eyes, still shocking some years later, when her hair was much longer then shoulder length, before it was dyed.

“If you want?” she replied, but it came out more like a question. “I’m no model.”

“Doesn’t matter. Just act natural.” He said. (Looking back, however, he’d think he should have complimented her, saying she was too pretty and real to be a model.) Once he was done, he thanked her and left.

That was the first time they met. A hot, humid afternoon in August.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. My flashdrive, which held the typed chapters, broke. I'll have to re-type anything else i had written. That might take a while.