Status: Thank you for reading! xxx

Jetty

The End? The Beginning

The sea was warm, azure and inviting. It's hands caressed the gold dust shore, dragging the minuscule pieces to it's watery depths, never to be seen again. A slight movement disturbed the halcyon body, angry ripples expanding and contracting to warn off intruders of the aqueous paradise.

The wooden plank groaned as I began to walk, the weight of another soul on it's dampened beams. i felt the weight of a thousand sins on my legs, making it increasingly difficult to advance further.

I could feel it now, more than ever. Every imperfect deed was a burden on my bruised and battered soldiers, trying to prevent me from reaching the end.

The curve in the jetty was nearing and the weight began to depreciate. At this point I was only aware of myself, when I heard a crash behind me and the jetty fracture, plummeting the soul through the splintered jaws to be swallowed by water below.

I bounded toward the hole, but there was no one there. I looked around me, when I saw him flailing in the water, furious billows of water around him. He had disturbed the peace, he was not pure and could not pass.

"Help!" He screamed, a gurgled cry diluted with the hellish liquid. The water reddened, a fiery, blood crimson and smothered the sinner. Ghoulish hands rose and I jumped backwards, dragging him to the depths of Beelzebub's kingdom. The weight of his sins caused the jetty to break. I turned to look at the splintered mess, but the jetty was unharmed.

I could do nothing to help this damned soul, so I advanced to the end of jetty, prepared to bask in the glory of the pearly gates. But nothing was before me. Nothing.

I stared around me and the water became blue again, the evil dissolving into nothingness.

"Where do you think you are?" a voice boomed. I jumped at the stentorian sound, but the water remained still.

"This should be Heaven!" I screamed. "Dolthus killed me, I'm dead!"

"Feel your wrist!" It commanded.

I brought my shaking hand cautiously to my wrists. The veins were pumping blood, pounding it like the beat of a drum.

"Impossible," I whispered to myself.

"This is the next life you glorify!" It announced. "Welcome to pain."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed it, please comment xxx :-)