Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Confrontation

Shay closed her bedroom door and headed down the hall. She passed by Sohee's room and noticed her light was on. She walked in. "Hey" she started. "Why are you still here, I thought you were taking the bus back to campus?" Sohee was lying on her bed with her laptop by her side.

"I don't want to go back" she said softly. Shay was confused.

"What?"

"I don't want to go back!" Sohee exclaimed. She pulled her sheets over her head.

"Sohee, got damn it!" Shay climbed onto Sohee and stripped the sheets. "You have to go!"

"Why?"

"Because you loved it there, you said it was so awesome before school started. If you don't give it a chance you won't know if things get better. You could meet your future husband tomorrow, or your future maid of honor" she said. "But you won't if you don't go back" Sohee sighed. "C'mon" Shay pulled Sohee out of bed.

...

Dillon waited for Sydney to come into school on Monday morning. "Ok" Dillon started. "I'm just going to come out and say this" Sydney was confused. "I saw you with Nick on thursday night..." Sydney sighed. "I just want to know what's going on"

"It was one time" Sydney said. "He wouldn't leave me alone unless I went out with him...just relax"

"Just making sure...Shay called me twice over the weekend to rant about him. I don't want you to fall into his trap"

"I won't" Sydney smiled at Dillon. She kissed his cheek. "You're so sweet" she walked away. Dillon blushed.

...

Bryan walked into school smiling like he had a big secret. They all knew that face.

"Brace for impact" Ross said. Ross, Joe and Sean waited around. Bryan had that look on his face. "Did you get laid?" Ross asked. "We haven't seen you all weekend" Bryan nodded. "You dog"

"Who's the lucky lady?" Sean asked.

"This junior girl" Bryan said. "I think her name is Maria...no, Jennifer...No it's definately Meaghan" he nodded. "Yeah it's Meaghan"

"Junior girl named Meaghan?" Ross asked. "Meaghan Keller?" Bryan shrugged. "She's a little stuffy for you, but you're getting back out there. Good for you" Ross patted him on the back. "So, you had a one night stand"

"More like a two night stand" Bryan said. "Saturday AND Sunday night"

"Well we have the usual questions" Sean said. "Page 2, Amendment 20 of the constitution, after a one night stand you have to brace yourself for embarassing questions"

"Shoot!" Bryan said. "I'm ready"

"How tight is her vagina?" Joe asked.

"Not virgin tight but not slutty loose, either" he said.

"How big are her tits?" Ross asked.

"The size of gum drops" they laughed.

"Ok, Sean, you have the last question" Sean thought long and hard about the perfect embarassing, cringe-worthy question to ask Bryan about his one-night stand. It was in their constitution, therefore unconstitutional not to ask one.

"What did her vagina smell like?" Sean asked.

"GROSS!" Bryan exclaimed. Ross fist bumped with Sean.

"My nigga" he said. "Good question"

"Disgusting" Bryan said. "Anyways, what did you guys do this weekend? I thought we were going to hang out at Matt's party?"

"My mom made me stay home" Ross said. "She's making me stay home all week so don't ask me to hang out unless it's at my place" he said.

"Why?"

"She can't prove I'm drinking, but she's suspicious"

"Really?" Joe asked. "I would be calling AA by now, it's so obvious"

"My mom knows" Ross said. "But she doesn't want it to be true, nor does she want to know why I'm doing it" Bryan nodded. "Anyways!" Ross said. "Today starts the pact"

"What pact?" Joe asked. "Did I just join a pregnancy cult?" Sean chuckled.

"No, last week we decided to quit smoking...since you can't smoke and all" Joe blushed.

"That's really sweet" he said.

"I threw out all my cigs" Ross said. "And I'll delete my usual weed dealers off my phone once I have the strenght" Joe smiled.

"That's nice of you guys but you don't have to quit for me" Joe said. "In fact, I don't want you to quit for me. My aneurysm is being repaired with meds, I'll be completely fine in a few weeks" the guys were confused. "What/"

"Aneurysm?" Bryan asked. "You had an aneurysm?" This is when Joe realized he's been really holding back from them. He never even told them the real reason why he's been having seizures and why his body has been betraying him.

"You ok?" Ross asked. Joe nodded.

"They caught it in time" Joe said. "Before any major damage was done"

"Can't you die from one?" Bryan asked. Joe shrugged.

"We'll never know, cause I'm fine" Bryan and Ross looked at each other, they really didn't believe that. "So does anyone want to explain why Leena's suspended?" Bryan, Ross and Sean looked at each other. They should have come up with a good story to tell.

"She was caught blazing up in the bathroom" Ross said. Bryan and Sean gave him 'what the fuck are you thinking?' looks, because smoking weed in school is something Leena would never do.

"Yeah right" Joe said. "What's the real reason? She's suspended for four days, Karo smoked on school grounds and was suspended for two"

"Let's just come clean" Bryan said. "Karo and Leena didn't get suspended for smoking" Joe was confused. "Karo punched Kara in the face for trash talking you and Leena. And Leena beat the shit out of Carly for saying something about you...."

"What did she say?" Joe asked. The three turned to each other and Ross decided to tell him the truth.

"She asked if you were dead yet" Joe looked at the ground, they could tell he was uncomfortable. "If it makes you feel any better. Carly has two black eyes and a broken nose" Joe chuckled.

"That makes me feel great"

"She looks like E.T" Sean added. The gang broke into laughter.

"Well back to the smoking thing" Bryan said. "I can't smoke anymore anyways" he tried to change the topic as quickly as possible to avoid talking about death. "I have scouts coming soon and that means tons of drug tests" Ross smirked.

"I'm having scouts coming at the end of the season" Ross said. "From what schools?"

"Amherst first" Bryan said. "That's my top school"

"Well good luck going sober" Joe said. "We'll be thinking about you when we're getting turnt up" Bryan chuckled.

"Well speaking of life news" Ross said. "A girl asked me out today"

"That's awesome!" Sean said. "That Sam girl?" Ross nodded. "Sweet, when's your first date?"

"Oh this isn't a happy ending" Ross said. "The smirk on my face is just the smirk all arrogant, narcissist have on their face" he said. "I said no"

"Why?" Bryan asked.

"No" Ross said. "We've only talked a few times, and I'm not ready to date again"

"Well that's lame" Joe said. Sean patted him on the back.

"I know it is" Ross said. "I need more time"

"So after school, bro's night at your place?" Bryan said to Ross. Ross nodded.

"I'll bring the weed!" Sean exclaimed.