Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Cancel

Karo walked out from Principal Sanders office. She went straight to her locker to collect her things, she was being suspended for further notice. Great, two suspensions within a couple weeks of each other. Her mom would be so happy when she heard the news...not.

Ross spotted her and walked over. "Hey" he started. "Did you really put drugs in Bryan's locker?"

"I did" she said. "I'm sorry, I confessed, it's all done"

"Why?" Ross asked. "Why would Stephen pick Bryan out of all people? They have no relation besides going to the same school..."

"Stephen said it was revenge" Karo said. "I didn't know until after I had done the deed" Now Ross understood.

"Stephen was hiding some serious shit in his locker during the football season last year, we saw it and Bryan was the only one with the balls to tell...I can't believe he remembered and held a grudge all this time" Karo shrugged. "Well, I guess you told Leena before you told us"

"How'd you know?"

"Leena was the only one not surprised when you came over...and I'm guessing she guilted you into it"

"She slapped me across the face" Karo said. "She didn't need to say anything for me to feel like shit and come clean..."

"Well, I'm glad you did the right thing. You're done with Stephen, right?"

"Of course"

"Good" Ross walked away. Karo sighed. Ross was a great guy, but Bryan and the others probably wouldn't be as forgiving about this. And they had a right to be pissed at her.

Ross spotted Sam by her locker, he put on a big smile before he had to do something devastating. "Hey Sam" he started.

"Hey" she said in a flirty tone. "I can't stop thinking about Friday. What are the plans?"

"Uh, speaking of friday" he said. "I have to cancel" her face went from happy and excited to pissed off in seconds. Sam slammed her locker shut and walked away. "Sam!" he ran to catch up with her. "It's not what you think, I want to reschedule"

"Fuck you Ross" she spat. "You're playing with me"

"No I'm not, I have something going on on Friday"

"I'm so sure, get the fuck away from me!" Ross stopped walking and let her go. He sighed. Of course, he's trying to be a good friend and now this happens.

...

"I'm so glad we did this" Shay said. They waited outside the restaurant they just ate at for Sohee to pick them up. "I had so much fun"

"I'm glad" he said. It was pretty cold out, he put his arm around her and she snuggled in close to her.

Nick and Sydney walked up to the front of the restaurant and now things got awkward.

"Sydney?"

"Shay?"

"Nick!"

"Shay!"

Gary stood and watched quietly as he witnessed betrayal. "What the fuck are you doing here with him?" she asked. Sydney didn't respond. Shay wanted out of there immediately. She saw Sohee's car coming down the street. Sohee pulled up front and beeped twice.

"Let's go!" she exclaimed. Shay marched over to her car without saying another word to them.

"Shay!" Sydney called. She ran over to Shay and grabbed her arm to stop her but Shay flipped and pushed Sydney away.

"Fuck you!"

...

Bryan came into the hospital and immediately spotted his crew. "Hey home dogs" he said. "I got everything we need to pass the two hours. I have my lap top with some movies, some Wendy's, some candy and of course...weed...but not until we leave"

"Wendy's?" Sean asked.

"It was closer" he said. "I know, Joe would be disappointed...how's Joe, anyways?"

"He is getting prepped right now" Ross said. "He seems very chill, I think they drugged him"

"Yeah he was pretty loopy when we saw him" Leena said. "Whatever they gave him, I certainly want it later"

"Oh Ross, when did you reschedule your date with Sam for?" Bryan asked.

"Uh yeah, she wouldn't let me. She thinks I'm playing some kind of sick joke on her" Ross said. "So I'll try to figure this out on Monday"

"Did you tell her that Joe was having surgery?" Ross shook his head.

"I didn't know if it was ok to talk about it...besides she seemed too pissed so I let her go. I'll explain it. Do you think a part of Joe's skull will be missing?" he asked.

"Uh, no" Leena said. "I loooked up the surgery. They're going to open up his skull, take the tumor out then put it back together. It's kind of fucking awesome. I watched a video of one online"

"Well that's fucking gross" Sean said.

"Should we wait until Joe gets out of surgery or what?" Ross asked. "He said it would be two hours..."

"We have enough food to last us that long" Bryan said. "So I say we wait"

"What if it takes him a long time to wake up?" Sean asked. "When I had surgery on my arm the surgery took a half hour but I didn't wake up for three hours afterward..."

"We are waiting!" Leena said. "We're already here, we already got food and movies and candy. We won't leave. That and I kinda told my parents I was sleeping over Brook's house tonight so..."

"I should have brought a change of clothes" Ross said. "We could have a sleep over here"

"I'm pretty sure they wouldn't allow that, but thanks for the suggestion" Bryan chuckled. "Why don't we all go back to my place after, I'm pretty sure you've all left clothing at my place anyways"

"Sounds good"

"Oh guess what" Leena started. "Lauren's home for the weekend and her dad found out about all the shitty things she's been doing. Apparently they're thinking about sending her to Assumption"

"REALLY?" Ross exclaimed. "That's like the most conservative high school in the state!"

"I know!" Leena said. "Which means we've officially won the great war of 2013"

"I say we celebrate!"