Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Explanations

Shay waited for Sydney to come into school on Monday morning. She was boiling with anger and didn't know how to control it. She's never been betrayed like this before. I mean, why would anyone hurt her like that? She's been nothing but nice to Sydney since she arrived here.

Sydney came into school and was relieved to see Shay. Maybe Shay was over what she saw on Friday night?

"Hey" Sydney said with a big smile. "How was your weekend? I saw Sohee was in town I bet you had fun!"

"How dare you" Shay said. "Act like everything is okay even after you went a date with my ex!" she exclaimed. "What kind of friend does that?"

"Shay..."

"Don't 'Shay' me" she said. "I thought we were friends"

"We are friends!"

"A friend doesn't go out behind their friends back to see their ex. I would have been fine if you went to see Ryan, I'm over him. But I literally just broke up with Nick a few weeks ago. And I still have feelings for him!" Shay had to hold back the tears as much as possible. "So thanks Syd, for being such a shit friend" Shay marched off in a hurry, she ran into the closest bathroom and tried to pull herself together.

...

Ross deliberately waited at Sam's locker for her that morning. He wouldn't take no for an answer. She sighed when she arrived in school.

"What do you want?" she asked.

"I need to explain myself" he said.

"What is there to explain?" she asked.

"My friend Joe McDevitt, he was having surgery on Friday" Ross said. "He's my best friend and i wanted to be there..." he said. Now Sam felt so terrible. "We waited there until he woke up. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I wasn't there if something happened" he said. "So I canceled our date...and I'm sorry. If I had known about his surgery earlier I would have told you sooner. I know it seemed kind of odd to cancel the day of"

"It's ok" she said. "I'm sorry for being such a bitch. I feel terrible"

"No, you had every right to be mad at me" Ross said. "So, can we reschedule?" Sam smiled.

"Yeah, I'd love to" she said. "When are you free?"

"Why not tomorrow night?" he asked. "Are you free"

"Yeah" Sam smiled. Ross noticed how beautiful her smile was. He could tell this was the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

...

Sydney texted Nick when she had the time.

Syd (1:23): We can't see each other anymore

Nick (1:24): Y not?

Syd (1:25): My friendship w/ Shay means more than my relationship with u

It hurt saying that. She wouldn't have the guts to say it to his face. It took him a while to respond.

Nick (1:29): U have other friends Y does Shay mean so much to U?

Syd (1:30): Yeah I have other friends, but Shay, Dil, Gary, Hannah are all so awesome to me. I can't imagine giving up my friendship with them for some guy who hurt my best friends feelings...

Nick (1:32): Shay broke up with ME, I did nothing wrong to her

Syd (1:33): Dude, you cheated on her! You flirted with me while you were still in a relationship with her...you did something so shitty

Nick (1:35): But I never physically cheated

Syd (1:36): but mentally cheating is still a thing...

Nick (1:37): No it's not, she looks at other girls all the time...

Syd (1:39): yeah, but I doubt she would imagine being with them, or verbally talk to them like she wants to be with them. It's one thing to look at other guys, it's another to want it. Conversation over, we're done.

...

"Guess what!" Kara exclaimed. She saw her girls at lunch. "I hooked up with someone over the weekend, you have three guesses" Carly sighed. "Whats your problem?"

"My dad and sister went all nazi on me over the weekend. I'm on house arrest until further notice"

"How'd they find out about everything?"

"Lauren, apparently Leena's been telling her stuff. Should have known"

"Maybe Lauren and Leena just want what's best for you" Haley said. "We're 14-15 years old, we shouldn't be having sex and we certainly should not be doing illegal drugs"

"Shut up Haley" Carly spat. "I just want some freedom...three guesses?" Carly asked. Kara nodded. "Is he a senior?"

"No..."

"A sophomore?" Haley asked.

"Nope"

"So he's a junior" Carly said. "Your type is boys who can do better" Kara rolled her eyes. "So I'm guessing Ryan, that guy that dated that asian girl last year"

"Uh no" Kara said. "But good guess"

"I don't know that many juniors" Haley said. "I give up"

"Stephen Waters!" Kara exclaimed.

"Ugh"

"What?'

"You can do better, Kara" Haley told her. "Stephen Waters is bad news. Do you hear what he did to Bryan to get revenge?"

"No, what did he go?"

"He had Karolina Evans put drugs in his locker. Karolina obviously didn't know it was his locker. Apparently Bryan did something shitty to him last year" Carly said. "So he acted on rage. I don't want to know what he'll do to a girl who won't have sex with him..."

"Well that's not a problem" Kara said. "Cause I want to have sex with him" Haley sighed. Carly shrugged. What could they do?

...

Dillon and Shay waited outside for Sean to pull his car around to take them home. "Gary told me you ended their relationship...if you would even call one date a relationship" Dillon started. "What happened?"

"I caught Syd with Nick on Friday night" Shay said. "And It brought back all these feelings and I felt really jealous. It's not fair to Gary if I still have feelings for Nick...So I told him I'm not ready for a relationship right now"

"Well that's not a bad thing" Gary said.

"I never said it was"

"Well you seem kind of gloomy"

"I am gloomy" she said. "I was so excited to move on and now I can't"

"You need time" Dillon put his arm around her. "There's nothing wrong with that"

"But now I took a shit where I sleep" Shay said. "Things are going to be so awkward with Gary tomorrow"

"Gary's Gary" Dillon said. "He'll take any awkward situation and make it unfomfortably funny" he said. "It won't bother him. Maybe cause I think he still believes you two can be together"

"Maybe someday" Shay started. "Once I get over some asshole who flirted with other girls. Why do I have such shitty relationships? All the guys I go after are douches"

"Sohee had the same problem, remember? Even Bryan was pretty douchey" he said. "Your first relationships suck, but you'll figure it out"

"Ash still hasn't figured shit out"

"Well she's in college, that's a whole other story" Shay smiled.

...

"BROS NIGHT MOTHER FUCKER!" Ross exclaimed as he and his crew entered Joe's hospital room. Joe smiled weakly as they sat around him. "How you feeling?"

"I'm good" his voice was raspy and tired. "My mom said you were here last night but I don't remember"

"You were super loopy on drugs" Bryan said. "We recorded it"

"It's like when I got my wisdom teeth removed" Ross said. "And you ass holes made a video about it"

"Cause it was hilarious" Joe said. He coughed aggressively for a bit. "I'm tired...did you bring the goods?"

"I can't smoke in a hospital twice" Bryan said. "I heard on an episode of Criminal Minds that's its a federal offense and I can't afford that"

"Aint nobody got time for that" Ross said.

"But I have candy ciggarettes" Bryan said. "I went to three stores just to find them" he passed one out to everyone. "It's safe and delicious!"

"So what have I been missing?" Joe asked. Sean lit up his candy ciggarette out the window.

"Kara Moore...a slut. Carly Kramer...a slut. Haley Morton...a...nice girl" Bryan said. "Meaghan Keller..."

"Are you going to list out all the sluts or is there a point to this story?" Joe asked.

"I may be looking for potential girlfriends, but don't quote me on that"

"So soon?" Leena asked. Bryan shrugged.

"I'm done with her, I want to move on"

"Good" Ross said. "You can double date with me and Sam sometime"

"So I guess everything's good?" Joe asked.

"Yeah, she understands. Unfortunately the whole school knows about your tumor now"

"That's ok, I have my bros and my smokes. I don't give a shit what anyone things"

"I sense a group hug!" Leena exclaimed. The whole gang piled onto Joe's bed and hugged the shit out of him, he was tired and weak but he didn't mind. The pain was a small price to pay for the love of his bros.