Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Trouble

"You like my outfit?" Joe asked. Leena smiled.

"You look so charming, Joe" she said. "I like your beanie. We're the beanie kids now...expect when Haggerty rips yours off your head, you have an excuse"

"Saunders told me I could wear a hat as long as I needed, and I can give the teachers shit if they don't like it" Leena smiled. "How was your night

"You know that fight I broke up between those two sluts yesterday?" she asked.

"Yeah I was present, it was pretty bad ass"

"Well someone recorded it and put it up on youtube. My brothers were so proud. They think I should become a cop or something" Joe smirked. "Then Callum told me I would be perfect as a school principal"

"Principal Warren" Joe said. "I like it. If it doesn't happen I'll be pissed" he said.

"Principal?" she asked herself. "I hate schools and I hate teenagers and children" she said. "Although Saunders is pretty bad ass sometimes"

"And your bad ass" Joe added. "So you're the perfect principal material"

"We'll find out"

"So what about Northeastern?" he asked. She sighed. "Too soon?"

"No, I've had the entire weekend and a day to think about it. Umass Amherst is just as good and they're sports teams are excellent" she said. "I'll be happy either way" Joe smiled. "If I don't get into umass? then I'm crying forever"

"Understanable" he hugged her. "Love you"

"Get off of me you weirdo"

...

AJ stared at Aiden during study while he did his homework. Aiden tried to ignore it, but it was really awkward.

"Yes, AJ?"

"I want to break up with Rory" he blurted out. Aiden sighed. He took his glasses off and looked up at AJ.

"Why?"

"Because I think there's someone else" he said simply. "I think I have feelings for Mackenzie"

"WHAT!" Aiden exclaimed.

"I know, I know" he said. "Mac is a real step down from Rory but I don't see Rory as often as I see Mac and I can't help those feelings" he admitted. "So what do I do?"

"You need something better than that" he told AJ. "You can't just tell a girl that you found a better girl. Mac isn't even the better girl. Rory is awesome. It's a bad call, dude"

"I want to be happy again" AJ said. "I know Rory is awesome but if I'm not happy, then what's the point?" Aiden didn't respond. "When did you know Karo wasn't the girl for you?"

"When she was no longer the sweet girl I had gotten to know" Aiden said. "When she was someone completely different. A girl who did hard drugs and partied all the time. Someone I didn't want to be with. Someone I was no longer happy with" he said.

"Well" AJ started. "Unfortunately, I am no longer happy with Rory" and that was bitter. It left a disgusting feeling in the air. An uncomfortable feeling, even.

...

Kara squealed as she ran down the hall. Carly and Haley sighed. "What did she do now?" Haley asked.

"You mean who did she fuck?" Carly joked. Kara skipped over to them.

"Guess what?" she asked all bubbly.

"What?"

"I got us so much weed for the weekend" Carly and Haley gave each other weird looks. That didn't make sense.

"We don't smoke weed anymore" Carly said. "At least I don't...not since my dad and sister shit on my life" Kara unzipped her backpack to expose the baggy of weed she had in her backpack.

"Isn't it awesome?" she squealed

"Are you high?" Haley asked. Kara shrugged and smirked. "Oh my god. Are you insane? why do you need all these drugs?"

"Because Stephen told me to sell it" Kara zipped up her back pack. "And if I do, I can keep a small fraction of it and get paid" she smirked.

"Karo dealed drugs too" Carly said. "And she came to school once with a black eye"

"Please, I can handle myself" Kara walked away.

"Should we do something?" Haley asked.

"No, let her get her ass kicked"

...

Karo waited for Leena at her car. This was the last time she planned on talking to Leena. This was the last time she would burden her with her twisted problems.

"Hey" Karo smiled and tried to act friendly. Leena ignored her and unlocked her car door. She was greatful for her lame 2000 model car. It got her from point A to point B. "Talk to me, Lee. I've known you since I was literally 10 years old" she said. "We've been friends for ages, we're family. You've been there for me and I've--"

"Put a knife in my back" she responded. "I know it was Bryan" she said. "And you didn't technically hurt me" she said. "You are my family" she said. "But so is Bryan and Ross and Sean and Joe" she said. "My gang is my life, and you can't do that to one of your own" she said. She got into the car. "I appreciate you coming clean, though, it was the right thing to do" she closed the car door and started the engine. Karo sighed. She let Leena pull out of her parking space and drive off.

"I deserve it" she told herself. "I really fucked up this time, good going Karo"