Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Hockey

Leena sighed. She sat down on the bleachers and took her helmet off. "I'm taking a break" she said.

"Come on!" Bryan sighed. He skated over to her. He glided into the seat besides her. "You're doing so well"

"It doesn't matter" she said.

"Why not? You're the best goalie we've got" he said. Leena sighed. "We threw 100 shots at you today and you blocked 71" he said. "We shot 100 at Ross and he only blocked 23" he continued. "You are the best"

"Too bad the coach thinks girls shouldn't play hockey" she said. "I'm not going to make the team cause of that sexist ass hole"

"Just stay the best" he said. "Simple as that"

"That's harder than it sounds" she said. Bryan patted Leena on the back.

"Hold on" he got up and skated away. She sighed, put her helmet back on and skated over to the goal.

"Ok, give me another 50" she said.

...

AJ called Aiden after what was one of the most traumatizing experiences of his life. He had to break up with Rory.

"So did you do it?" Aiden asked.

"Yeah"

"Did she cry"

"No, she kinda screamed and freaked out for a bit but she's fine now..."

"She didn't cry?"

"Well she was confused. She didn't know why"

"You did tell her why, right?"

"Yeah...that's why she screamed. She kept naming out all the girls I've been in contact with since school started" he said. "She didn't even guess Mac, which is surprisinging"

"But she didn't cry?"

"She really didn't cry" AJ said. "I guess I'm blessed for that, but she was still fuming. Especially when I didn't tell her who it was after she repeatedly asked"

"Did you try to end things on good terms?"

"I tried and I think I succeeded" AJ said. "I told her I was unhappy with the long distance and she felt better about it and wanted me to be happy"

"Don't jump into a relationship with Mac so fast"

"I won't" he said. "Just one date to test the waters and then I'll figure it out. But I won't take things too fast. We both can't handle that"

"Good, that's nice to hear"

...

Kara arrived home from a night out with Stephen and his friends. When she arrived home Zack and her parents were sitting at the table together, not eating or talking, just waiting. They turned to Kara.

"You're not supposed to be here!" Kara ran over to Zack and hugged him.

"Honey take a seat" their father said. "We need to talk"

"About what?"

"About Stephen Waters" Zack said. "I go to school with Rory, I know he's a bad kid. And to hear your dealing drugs with him, are you insane!"

"Great" Kara muttered under her breath.