Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Help

AJ tracked down Mac the next school day. "Can you explain to me why you don't want to date me?" AJ asked her. Mac sighed.

"You're pathetic" she said. "I already told you why"

"I know it's because I just broke up with Rory and you think it's your fault" AJ said. "But I was going to break up with her no matter what. Because I'm not happy with her and I want to be happy"

"I feel like a home wrecker, AJ" she said. "I'm the reason why Rory is probably eating her feelings right now"

"Not exactly" AJ started. "I told you I was unhappy with the distance. I meant to break up with her weeks ago and now I found my reason to...because I like you. I like you a lot and I think you find that very surprising since everyone thinks you're a bitch" she rolled her eyes. "But I like being with you, you're funny and kind and smart and bitchy but in a good way" she started to smile. "So please, just one date and then we'll never do this again"

"No" she said. "I just can't" she walked away. AJ sighed.

...

Kara sat with Stephen in the nurses office. "I can't believe Zack would do that. He totally embarrassed me in front of my parents and now I can't even leave the house"

"Well what are they saying?" Stephen asked.

"I can't go anywhere unless it's school. If I want to go anywhere I have to go with my parents or Zack" she said. "It sucks. All I wanted to do is go out with Carly and Haley but my mom said I couldn't unless Zack went with us and I sure as hell was not going to bring my brother to a party"

"It'll be ok" Stephen said. "We'll see each other in school and if we can during the weekends. I bet I can make things happen" he said.

"I hope so" Kara kissed his cheek. "How was your weekend?"

"No biggie. Hey, are you up for a challenge" Kara smirked.

"I love challenges!" she said. "What is it?"

"I can't keep products for my clients in my locker anymore" he said. "This whole Bryan-Karolina situation has made things pretty hard" he said. "So do you mind keeping the products in your locker?"

"Sure!" she said. "No problem right. They're not going to search my locker randomly right?"

"I'm sure they won't" he said.

"Well it shouldn't be a problem, then" she said. "How much are we talking?"

"Well I was just going to take your locker combo and we'll see how things go" Stephen smirked. "It'll be fun"

...

"I'm glad we're friends again" Meaghan said. The two girls went through the lunch line that day. "Bryan's such a dirt bag"

"Chicks before dicks" Ericka said. "For now and forever"

"Yay!"

"I can't believe we got into him" Erika said. "He's a jerk, he just wanted us for sex"'

"I know, and now we're smarter and wiser and we'll find a better man" Meaghan said. "So...who's avalible?"

"Well let's go down the list of seniors" Ericka said. "Joe's retarded, Ross is taken, Sean is taken, Bryan is a douche, AJ might be taken, Aiden isn't hot enough, Jake is taken, Simon is an idiot, Evan is an idiot..."

"We should just stay single for a while..."

...

"I need advice Leena!" Mac exclaimed. "Aren't you the self-proclaimed goddess of this school?"

"I never fucking said that!" Leena said. "But it's certainly implied..."

"Well help me!"

"Fine, AJ likes you, you like AJ, just go for it!"

"But Rory..."

"Who the fuck cares about Rory, she'll be fine!" Leena said. "It's not like AJ's cheating on her. He broke up with her for YOU because he likes YOU. If anything that's really sweet. He's not one of those guys who will cheat"

"I guess your right"

"So by the end of this week I better be hearing about future date plans because I need someone to double date with" Leena said. "Immediately!"

"What about Sam and Ross?"

"Puh-lease, Ross is too unstable" Leena said. "There relationship is going to fall apart. Sean, Joe and I have bets to see how long it will last"

"Can I join this bet?"

"Sure, the minimum bet is 10 bucks"

"Ok, I bet 20 that they'll last two months"

"Why do you say that?"

"They need to get to know each other and Ross' already said that he wants to take it slow, right?" Leena nodded. "So I think once that's over and they get hot and heavy Sam will realize she needs to get out of it"

"So you think Sam will leave Ross?"

"Of course. Stubborn Ross won't let himself fail at another relationship"

"Good observation" Leena said. "Going back to your AJ situation. He shouldn't have asked you out so soon after breaking up with Rory, but I do believe this is legit"

"I know, I know" she said softly. "I'll figure something out"

"Remember what I said...end of the week" Mac stood up. "See you later" she walked across the study hall room. She saw Sam. This was a perfect time to talk to her about Ross and see where they were in their relationship. Twenty bucks was on the line!

She sat down with her and a few of her friends. "Hey!" she said happily. "How's Ross?"

"Sweet" Sam said. "Thanks for all the advice. I don't have sisters or decent friends to help me through my first relationship..."

"I thought you dated--" Sam cut her off.

"I pretend that never happened" Mac nodded.

"So I just thought I'd let you know about something" Mac said. "It's with the whole gang I've noticed that they have this gang mentality" she said. "The gang comes first and everyone second. I mean look at the whole Karolina situation where she put drugs in Bryan's locker"

"That was terrible!"

"Exactly, and what happened after that? Leena practically disowned her. Karo and Leena have been friends since grade 5 I think. The gang comes first. Just so you know" Sam nodded.

"I already got that feeling" she said.

"And they all have these split personalities" Mac started. "More specifically Ross and Leena do. It's like one day Leena and Ross are the sweetest most compassionate human beings in the world and then they become these vicious pot smoking, fighting, thugs" she said. "just FYI" Mac stood up. "Have a great day!"

Sam looked so worried. That was never Mac's intention. She didn't want to scare Sam away, she just wanted her to be ready. Because sooner or later something was going to happen to ruin their relationship.

...

"Did you hear about Zack?" Bryan asked. The gang sat in Bryan's car in the parking lot of a wal-mart watching cars drive and people come and go.

"No, what did he do?"

"Lauren told him about all the shit Carly and Kara have been doing. Zack's fucking pissed and told his parents"

"Oh yeah I heard about that" Ross said. "What has she been doing that's so surprising anyways? I thought we've done it all"

"I don't know what she's doing but I heard she's been harboring some major drugs in her locker" Sean said. "I may or may not have asked for weed from Stephen"

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Bryan exclaimed. "That boy has it out for me and you bought weed from him?" Sean smiled and took a long drag from the blunt he was holding. "I can't believe I just smoked that joint"

"He sells weed for like half the price of the guy from Grafton" Ross said. "Is it pleasant? No, but it's cheaper and easier"

"Thanks for the support guys" Bryan said. "I love you guys so much"

"If he even makes a move on you we can kick his ass" Leena said. "There's five of us and one of him"

"Well what about his goons?" Joe asked. "All those scary juniors that follow him all day..."

"Ok maybe the playing field is level" Leena said. "But we're good kids. All we have to do is tell Saunders that Stephen is a drug trafficking king"

"I've always wanted to be a drug lord" Joe said. "I have twisted dreams"

"It's kind similar to Karo" Bryan said. "At least Karo could take the abuse of doing the job. What can a 14 year old girl do?"

"I bet in two weeks this will all be over" Leena said.

"If we know where the drugs are, why don't we just tell on them?" Ross asked. "Now it's all over"

"Who the fuck do you think is going to get blamed?" Bryan asked. He pointed to himself using a red twizzler they got from wal-mart. "Me!"

"How does he know that we know?" Sean asked. "It's all around the school cause Kara can't keep her fucking mouth shut. We're safe"

"I have no idea why he has it out for me" Bryan said. "All I did was tell on him last year"

"Maybe he feels like you should be off the team too, since you smoke weed now" Ross said.

"I didn't last year" Bryan said. "So I felt like telling on him was justified. If I were smoking weed last season I wouldn't have told. I'm not a hypocrite"

"Reasoning with him is obviously over" Leena took the joint from Sean and blew dounut holes out the window. "He wants you dead"

"Lovely"