Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Talk

"This blows!" Leena screamed. Her and Brooklyn went on a smoke break behind the Stop and Shop they worked at. "Fucking Kristy made it seem like the store would be overflowing with people. There's no one here! We are literally being paid overtime to do nothing!"

Brook shrugged. "I like the idea of being paid to do nothing. Easy money mother fucker" Leena took a long slow drag of her cigarette. "What are you up to tomorrow night?"

"Nothing, why?"

"We need a relaxation day. No work, no gang, no school, just relaxing" she said. "Maybe some manicures?" Leena gave her a look.

"I don't do manicures" Leena said. "My mom would have a heart attack if she ever saw me with manicured nails. Cause that shit never happens" she said. "I bite my nails too much for a mani...maybe a pedi?"

"Sounds like a plan"

"We have to bring Joe, he's a hopeless puppy" Brook laughed. "How was your thanksgiving?"

"As insane as any family holiday could be" she said. "Thank god it's over"

"God bless" Leena said. She offered her cig to Brook but she shook her head. "I should stop smoking"

"No shit"

"I only smoke on occassion" Leena said. "If this was this the fall of 2012, occassion would mean once a week. But now we have bros nights so often that I smoke like every other day"

Their co-worker Tim walked outside. He graduated from their school in 2013. "Hey guys" he said. "What's up?"

"Just talking about stress" Leena said. She took another long drag of her cig. "Want a smoke?"

"No thanks, I'm trying to quit" he said. "By the way, senior year gets easier once you get into college" Brook nodded. "Have any plans yet?"

"Nope" Leena said. "I haven't been accepted into any of my favorites yet. I might have to apply to a...community college" she winced.

"Hey, WSU is great! I know it's local and you want to go out of town, but it's great"

"I really wanted to go to Northeastern" Leena said. "I'm just to...hostile for them"

"You'll get into your next choice..what's your next choice?"

"Umass" she said. She took another drag of the cig. "If I don't get into there the Umass Lowell. If I don't get into there then I'm fucked in the ass"

"Oh you'll definitely get into Umass Lowell" Tim said. "Didn't the Boston marathon bomber go there?"

"No he went to Umass Dartmouth" Leena said. "That's a smart person school"

"Obviously not" Tim joked. "Brook, any plans yet?"

"Not yet" Brook said. "I want to go to school in Europe, but I think that's too expensive and I'll get to home sick. So Maybe Westfield or Umass Amherst"

"You can't go to Umass if I can't go" Leena said.

"I know that" Brook said. "Westfield is my top choice. I already sent in the application"

"So what's been going on at the school?" Tim asked. "I heard Saunders is super strict about dress code"

"She's the female Hitler" Leena said. "But she's not nearly as bad as she was during the whole alcohol party scandal last year" she said. "The dress code is strict but she's more mellow"

"Did you hear about Stephen Waters?" Brook asked Tim. "One more strike and he's going to Juvi"

"Really?" Tim asked.

"Yeah, it's awesome!" Leena said. "I hope he gets arrested during school"

"That's a terrible thing to say, but I agree" Brook said. "Uh, I'm going to carry around my camera so I can record it" the girls giggled.

"Oh and the freshman are super slutty" Leena said. "Sluttier then usual"

"The freshman last year were bad" Tim said.

"Well these new kids are worse" she said. "They can't take orders from authority and have no idea where they lie on the social food chain"

"That must really suck" Tim said. "I hope you're putting them in their place"

"Of course" Leena said. "What kind of senior would I be if I didn't put the lousy freshman in their place when they step out of line? I'm the best. I'm the queen" Brook laughed. "Don't laugh at me"

"Ok fine, if you're queen then you have to share it with Mac"
"Ok, Mac and I are joint queens of the school" Leena said. "We've been putting the smackdown on dem hoes. But it seems like they're chilling out now that they're getting in trouble with their parents"

"Ha!" Tim laughed.

"It's great" Leena said. "I don't remember being that bad as a freshman, do you?"

"All freshman are a bit entitled" Tim said. "But your new freshman sound like divas"

"Oh they are" Leena said. "But we are putting them in their places" Tim smiled.

"I'll take that smoke now" Leena passed Tim his cig. "Did you hear about Emma coming home?" Leena nodded. "I saw her the other day, she looks gorgeous"

"Cause she's Emma fucking Holm, she's the most beautiful human being on this planet!" Brook said. "And it's so unfair that Joe wants her"

"Joe wants Emma!" Tim exclaimed. "Plot twist, I thought he was fucking you all summer" Brook blushed.

"He still wants to pound you, Brook" Leena said. "But Emma is girlfriend material" Brook rolled her eyes. "I don't agree with him. I think you and Joe would be a great couple"

"Thanks, too bad he's obsessed with the gorgeous human being that is Emma Holm"

"Whatever happened to you and Evan?" Tim asked her.

"I don't want to talk about right now" Brook said. "Give me a smoke" Tim passed the cig down the line to Brook. She took a slow drag and blew the smoke out of her mouth in a long trail. "Have you found anyone at WSU yet?"

"Nope" Tim said. "I've found more gay guys, they're just not my type of gay guys"

"Yeah, your type of guy are the guys who are not gay" Leena said.

"That's not true!"

"Face it, you like converting people"

"...Ok, I do" Leena smirked. She took the cigarette from Brook and dropped it on the ground. "Natural gay guys aren't nearly as attractive as guys who are not gay" he said. "So I convert. Too bad I'm not physically attractive enough to make them turn"

"So what's your success rate?" Brook asked.

"Out of 10 guys I've tried to convert...zero have actually had relations with me" Leena and Brook tried not to laugh. "I'm pathetic"

"Yeah you are"