Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Protection

"Why were you at that party!" Leena exclaimed. She followed Mac around the school. Mac sighed again. "Mackenzie fucking Crawford!" Mac stopped walking and turned to her abruptly.

"I don't know!" she said. "I just went there to check it out" she sighed. "Are you happy now?"

"Well why did you go?" she asked. "It was insane and wrong and creepy..."

"I went because I was bored and I had nothing else to do" she said. "Yes, It was crazy and insane but it wasn't terrible" she said.
"Well how'd you get massively wasted?"

"Stephen gave me this drink, that's the only thing I had" she said. "One drink, barely a sip and then I'm throwing up and going insane"

"So he drugged you?" Leena asked. Mac shrugged.

"I have no idea what happened" she said. "And I'm terrified!" she said. "Because I barely remember what happened that night"

"Well..." Leena started. "You looked hilarious drunk" she said. The girls laughed together. "But I don't think you did anything regretful, you were wearing your clothes when we arrived"

"Well that's good news" but their phones started to ring at the same time. They looked at their phones immediately. Phones come first in the world of teenagers.

They looked at the text they received, then they looked at each other. "Did you just get--"

"Yeah I just got--"

"What the fuck!" Leena exclaimed. She looked at who sent this text to her. It was Ross. The message said: 'What the fuck is going on?'

"Is this who I think it is?" Mackenzie asked.

"I think it is. Ok emergency bro meeting, let's go!" Leena and Mac ran down the hall. They went into the courtyard where they usually have emergency bro meetings during school hours. The rest of the gang wasn't there, but Carly and Haley were.

"Oh wow" Leena said. "You got yourself into some shit" Carly was crying. She nodded. "Why did I get naked pictures of you today?"

"I don't know" Carly cried. She was barely audible.

"I think she sent them to Stephen Friday night" Haley said. "And He's Stephen fucking Waters, he can't be trusted"

Joe and Bryan ran into the courtyard. "I got a 911 text" Bryan said. He saw Carly crying and Leena and Mac standing there.

"Can you give us a second?" Leena asked. Bryan and Joe nodded and left the courtyard. Leena took a seat at the table besides Carly and Haley. "Ok, what the fuck did you do?" she asked.

"Leena" Mac said. "Be sympathetic"

"The bitch took naked pics, I don't have sympathy" Leena said. Mackenzie scowled at her.

"Ok, ok" Leena started. "What's the first thing you remember from friday night?"

"We went to Stephen's house with Kara so she could talk to Stephen" Carly said. "A few guys gave me a few drinks but I didn't have any of it. Stephen gave me and Haley a drink, I took it cause I thought I could trust him"

"Are you fucking serious?" Leena asked. She was rolling her eyes.

"LEENA!" Mac said. "Let me talk" She moved Leena out of the way. "So Stephen gave you a drink, you had it and then you took pictures of your boobs?" Mac asked. Carly started crying even louder. Leena sighed, they weren't getting anywhere.

"And then you sent it to Stephen who sent it to people who sent it to people and now I have pictures of some freshman's boobs on my phone!" Leena exclaimed.

"Leena!" Mac exclaimed. "Be more sympathetic!"

"I can't" she said. "She was being stupid. We all know Stephen Waters is bad news. I just--I just can't!"

"What do I do?" Carly wept. Leena thought for a moment. She needed a plan. She couldn't let Stephen get away with it like she knew he would. She was just a freshman, freshman don't know any better even when it comes to a prick like Stephen Waters.

"I have a plan" Leena ran out of the courtyard. Mac followed quickly.

"What's the plan?" Mac asked.

"Do you have a car?" she asked Mackenzie.

"No" she said. "Don't you have a car?" she asked. "Why do we need a car!?"

"My brother needed mine for an interview" Leena said. "Find someone with a car"

"Got it?" Mac was confused but walked away to leave Leena alone. Leena paced in circles outside the court yard. Her plan was not ideal and it would cost her, but it had to be done. It just had to be done.

...

"I haven't seen Leena all day" Sean said. "What are you guys up to?" Ross shrugged. They waited outside the athletic office. today the results of the ice hockey try-outs were being announced.

"She's in kill mode" Bryan said. "I think something's happening and she's in planning mode"

"About what?"

"It's a long story" Ross said. "Did you get the text I sent?"

"Yeah, I wish I could forget it" Sean said.

"Yeah it's about that" Ross said. The athletic director came out of his office and posted a piece of paper to the door.

The gang crowded around the door.

"YES!" Ross exclaimed. "Offense like I wanted! Fuck yeah!"

"Sweet defense" Bryan said. "Sean?"

"I made defensive, too" Sean said.

"Leena made goalie!" Joe exclaimed. "She'll be so excited"

"We'll tell her after" Bryan said.

Mac saw the gang and ran towards them. "Hey, good news?" she asked.

"Yeah I made the team!" Sean said. "Where's Leena?"

"That's not important right now. Do any of you have a car we can borrow?" she asked.

"Why?" Bryan asked. He wasn't liking this already.

"Leena has a plan that involves a car, I guess. Do you have one or not?"

"I'm on probation" Ross said. "Cause I'm an alcoholic" he said simply, like it wasn't any kind of news. The whole world knew.

"Well my mom has my car until tonight" Bryan said. "So no"

"I drove here with Joe" Sean said. They turned to Joe.

"And my mom drove us here" Joe said. "So no, none of us have cars"

"Great" Mac started to walk away but turned around. "Did Leena make the team?"

"Yeah, she made goalie, tell her that" Bryan said. "Oh and make sure I find out about this plan before it happens"

"Yeah I'll get around to it" Mac ran down the hall. She ran down the senior hallway and found Brooklyn. "Hey Brook"

"Hey what's up" she said. "Did you get a weird text from Ross earlier?"

"Yeah I got it" Mac said. "Do you have a car?" she asked.

"Uh yeah, why?"

"Can Leena and I borrow it"

"Uh...no" Brook said. "Whatever Leena wants to do it's insane and I don't want to be a liability or an accomplice" she said. "So that's a no"

"Can you please!" Mac begged. "I don't know what she wants to do but it's probably compassionate and brilliant"

"Are we still talking about Leena Warren?" she asked. "Because Leena Jacqueline Warren is brilliant but she is not compassionate at all. Unless she has to. Whatever compassionate plan she has is going to turn violent pretty quickly. I know her"

"Fine, do you know anyone with a car?"

"Yeah, Karo has one" Brook said. Mac sighed. Brook smiled.

"And are Karo and Leena on speaking terms?"

"Nope"

"I'll figure something out" Mac walked away.

"Get out of this situation while you can!" Brook shouted to her.

"I'll handle it!"

...

Mac, Leena and Karolina sat awkwardly in Karolina's car after school. It wasn't just awkward, it was painfully awkward. Leena stared out the window stalking people as Karo and Mac sat silent in the front seat.

"I'm in so much shit" Karo started, she had to break this awkward silence. "With the school a little, but mostly at home. My mom's keeping strict watch of me from now on. I've learned from my mistakes"

"Would you kill a man for me?" Leena asked. She kept her eyes focused outside the window.

"Lee, don't you think that's a bit out of line?" Mac asked her.

"No I'm just asking" Leena said.

"I would kill a man for you or Bryan or Ross or Brooklyn or Joe or Sean or even you Mackenzie, because you guys are my family. We're a family" Leena smiled.

"I like being apart of this family" Mac said. "My other bitchy friends would have thrown me to the wolves" Leena smiled.

"We're straight" Leena told Karo. They smiled at each other. Mac was confused, was this a good thing or are they proclaiming their sexualities?

"Great" the two hugged it out. "Now what's the plan?"

"Wait for it" Leena said. She started to peel an orange. Karo and Mac looked at each other. Mac shrugged, she had no idea what this plan was.

"So, did you here Kara and Stephen finally broke up" Mac said. She kept the conversation moving. "I saw it in the hall, she slapped him and he just stood there and took it. He even smirked at the end"

"He's a bad kid" Leena said. She slowly ate a piece of her orange.

"We know" Karo said. "But he's going to get away with this" she said. "He's a drug trafficking lord at only sixteen years old. He's gotten away with shitty things and I doubt he'll get in trouble for this"

Leena saw Stephen leave the school grounds. Wait for it, she thought.

"Oh and the guys told me to tell you that you made the ice hockey team" Mac said. "For goalie" Leena nodded. "Are you not excited?"

"I am" she said.

"Oh and I asked AJ out"

"Good" Leena said, but she didn't let her gaze leave Stephen. "What's the plan?"

"We're going to take things slow" she said. "I really like him so...I want to make things work"

"That's good" Leena said. She had to make her move. "Ok, Karo here's the deal. Pull out of the school parking lot and turn onto Cahill Ave" she said. "Slowly" Karo nodded. They started to drive down the street, they took a turn onto another street and saw Stephen straight ahead.

"Oh Leena are you serious?" Karo asked. Mac was still confused. Karo looked back at Leena but Leena had her eyes on Stephen.

"What is it?" Mac asked. She felt so out of the loop. What was going on?

"Here's how we're going to do this" Leena said. "You drive really fucking slowly" It finally clicked in Mac's head.

"What the fuck is this?" Mac asked. "This is why Brooklyn couldn't handle this shit. You're insane!"

Leena looked behind them. The school was coming out of their view. Insanity 101. If you're going to do something illegal, you better do it off school grounds.

"Ok..." Karo's car was driving right along side Stephen. Leena hopped out of the car quickly and attacked him. Karo sped off, not too far away but far enough to make a quick getaway. Insanity 101, tip two, if you're going to do something illegal make sure you have a getaway car handy.

Mac and Karo watched as Leena beat the shit out of Stephen. She was a little outmatched when it came to size. But she was determined to make justice.

"Are we just going to let this happen?" Mac asked Karo. "She's 18, he's a minor. He could sue her!"

"He wouldn't have the balls" Karo said.

The fight between Leena and Stephen didn't take long. She started to get her ass kicked a bit when Stephen understood what was going on, but she was determined so she knew where to hit to make this fight in her favor. She pushed Stephen down and ran off. She hopped into the car and Karo sped off before she even closed the door. Karo and Leena were laughing while Mac was absolutely traumatized.

"Brook was right, you guys are insane!"

"We protect our own" Karo said. "It's as simple as that" Leena and Karo smiled at each other. Yup, that's how you solve problems.

...

"I can't believe you did that!" Leena's mom exclaimed. Leena sat on the couch in her living room watching her mom pace back and forth. Her older brothers were watching as well.

"It's kinda hard core" Pierce said.

"Pierce James Warren!" Leena's mom exclaimed. Pierce shut up, he and Josh went into the other room. "You keep doing things to hurt your chances at getting into college!" she said. "Umass won't let you in now with your criminal record"

"I don't have a criminal record" Leena said.

"You don't have a criminal record?" her mom repeated. "Earlier this year you were in a drunk driving accident and you had alcohol in your system" she started. "Just a few weeks ago I hear you're punching freshman in school. Now you sent a boy to the hospital with possible concussion and broken bones" she said. "Don't tell me you don't have a criminal record"

"Technically" Cal started. "Although it is noted in a file that Leena was under the influence in that accident, nothing happened of it. And that freshman girls family never pressed charges. This fight happened off school grounds and there is no security footage to show that it ever happened"

"But she confessed!" their mother said. Leena shrugged. "The kid is going to press charges"

"If he has the balls" Leena said. "He sent naked pictures of a 14 year old girl around school" she said. Her parents weren't aware.

"It's true" Cal said. "I got the call I was in school doing an investigation" he said. "Every witness says it was him"

"I'm just protecting girls who can't protect themselves" she said. "Now if that's all, I have to call the gang" She got up and went upstairs to her room.

...

Gary sighed. He wanted to throw his computer out the window. He was trying to reason with Dillon on asking Sydney out. He had nothing to lose, even if she said no.

Gary (10:10): just ask her!
Dillon (10:10): Wat if she says no?
Gary (10:11): then we'll cry about it. Nothing will change
Dillon(10:11): you don't shit where you sleep, Gary, it might have worked out for you and Shay but Syd could say no and it could ruin our friendships
Gary(10:12): then we'll acess the situation when we get there, but you have to try
Dillon(10:12): i'm scared
Gary(10:13): I will come to your house right now if you don't ask her out
Dillon(10:13): I dare you
Gary(10:14):...
Dillon(10:14): ok fine, hold on I'm going to text her

Gary smiled. They were perfect for each other. So Syd was more popular than Dillon. Dillon was a sweet guy.

Dillon(10:16): ok i texted her
Gary(10:16): did you really?
Dillon(10:16): you don't trust me
Gary(10:16): i think ur a pussy
Dillon(10:17): thx bro
Gary(10:17): yw
Dillon(10:20): ok she texted back
Gary(10:20): wat did she say?
Dillon(10:20): i'm to scared to look
Gary(10:21): dude come on
Dillon(10:21): she said yes!
Gary(10:22): good, i'm going to sleep
Dillon(10:22): wait! no wat do i do?
Gary(10:23): uh...go out with her
Dillon(10:24): yeah but what do i do...like a fancy date or a casual date? should we stay at home or go out?
Gary(10:24): i'm going to sleep

Gary logged out of facebook. He smirked. His friend was completely clueless about romance. I guess he should help him...or not. It's a sink or swim situation. Dillon's a smart kid, he'll swim.

...

"I can't believe Leena got two days inside for you" Haley said. "She's awesome. I want to be like her" Carly smiled.

"Yeah, I baked cookies for her. Cheesy right?"

"No, that's sweet" Haley said.

"Why does she care so much?" Carly asked. "Earlier this year she attacked me and now she helped me?"

"It shows she likes violence" Haley said. "But we're girls, and girls look out for each other no matter how annoying we are" Carly smiled.

Kara met up with the girls that morning. She sat in between Carly and Haley on the floor in front of their lockers.

"So it looks like Saunders went pretty easy on Leena" she said. "Only two days inside, a joke, right?"

"Imagine what would happen if she got a week of outside suspension" Haley said. "The whole school would be in a riot right now" she said. "So are we back to square one?"

"Yup, I have the drugs--I mean the product in my bag. After school we're putting it in his locker"

"Is he even in school?"

"He has a two day outside" Kara said. "Maybe more once they do the investigation"

"Why do we need the drugs then?" Carly asked. "He might be expelled, this might be his third strike!"

"Child pornography is gross and illegal" Haley said. "But Stephen Waters is charming and can get himself out of any situation. He won't get expelled"

"So we need this" Kara said. "And we'll be doing the whole school a favor. Now no girl will have to deal with that"

"Ok let's do it"