Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Lockdown

"I'm surprised I'm even here" Leena started. "Karo drove the getaway car, she should be here with me" she said. "I didn't really beat him up that hard did I?" she turned to the person she was talking to. She was in the inside suspension room where all the delinquents go. "Oh, I keep forgetting you're twelve" she said. "Just ignore me, I'm talking to myself" the junior high boy nodded. "I guess I'm hard core" she said. "I beat up a sixteen year old ex-football player and gave him a concussion" she said. "Who run the world?" she asked the kid.

"Girls?" the boy said hesitantly.

"Damn right"

Her phone started vibrating. It had been vibrating for the last hour on and off. She wasn't allowed to use it but their teacher left the room to get lunch. "It won't hurt" she looked at her phone.

Joe (11:20): we can't go to lunch cause they said they're keeping us in classes. What's going on?
Sean (11:55): I just saw cops walking passed our classroom. Bryan?
Bryan (11:56): Just because i'm the gossip man, doesn't mean I know everything
Ross (11:57): yeah that does mean you know everything
Bryan (11:57): ok heres the deal, I tried to leave to go to the bathroom and they wont let me
Joe (11:59): did i hear dogs?
Sean (12:00): well we are the drug capitol of the district, i wouldnt be surprised
Bryan (12:02): k i have a plan

Leena decided to join this conversation.

Leena (12:10): any news
Ross (12:11): hows suspension?
Leena (12:11): awesome. hows haggerty
Ross (12:12): i want to kill her

Leena smirked.

Bryan (12:15): I saw Cal, and I saw officers breaking into a locker
Sean (12:16): called it
Joe (12:17): whos locker?
Bryan (12:18): they yelled at me. but its in the junior section
Leena (12:19): good news for us

...

Dillon texted Shay during the school wide lockdown. They were not permitted to leave their classes until it was complete.

Dillon (12:00): so did Syd enjoy our date last night
Shay (12:03): :)
Dillon (12:04): so is that a yes?
Shay (12:04): she couldn't stop talking about u this morning!

Dillon blushed. I guess their date had been a success! All he did was invite her over to watch movies. They watched old movies from the 50s. Dillon thought it was lame and nerdy but I guess she liked it.

He turned to Sydney. "Hey" he said. "So how did you enjoy last night?" he asked.

She started smiling. "It was awesome" she said. "I'm going to watch more movies by that director...what's his name?"

"Alfred Hitchcock"

"He's awesome!" Syd said. "And Breakfast at Tiffany's was so amazing!" Dillon smiled. Yay, he's the man.

Sydney unexpectedly kissed his cheek. "I had a really awesome time. You should come over tonight" Dillon could barely move after she kissed her.

"Y-y-yeah" he stuttered. "Yeah"

"I have an extensive movie collection of my own" she said. But Dillon could barely comprehend what she was saying. He just got his first kiss! Yeah it wasn't on the lips but still. A kiss! from a girl who's not his mother or Leena! This is the best day of his life!

...

That night the gang met up in their usual place, the parking lot of their local McDonalds. They drove separately and hopped into Bryan's moms mini-van.

"I can't believe you got this!" Ross exclaimed. He watched the video of Stephen being arrested. He managed to record it after snooping around the halls.

"God blessed me with awesome spy skills" Bryan said. "Although I might get in trouble with Saunders, she caught me recording"

"Whatever" Leena said. "You can do inside suspension with me"

"Oh yeah, I heard Saunders extended your time. How much do you have left?"

"Until tuesday" Leena said. "But now that we know Stephen won't be pressing charges, I might be able to get out of it. Although two more days in inside doesn't seem bad. I think I scared all the junior high kids"

"That's how you do it" Ross said. "So what are the plans for the weekend?"

"Chill" Sean said. "We have practice on Saturday" he said. "Oh and Dillon wants Leena and I to double date with him and his girlfriend"

"Aw, Dillon has a girlfriend!" Bryan gushed. "That's adorable"

"Poor girl" Ross said. "Oh, wanna know what I heard? I heard Stephen had meth in his locker"

"I heard LSD from Karolina"

"Well I heard it was just cocaine or something" Bryan said.

"Let's start a rumor and say he had the cure to cancer in his locker" Ross said. "Or the drug to start the zombie apocalypse"

"There is no drug to start a zombie apocalypse" Leena told him. "Sorry to burst your bubble"

"Uh no, uber facts on twitter said scientists have created such a thing" Ross said.

"Sorry to burst your bubble again" Bryan said. "But uber facts is a piece of shit"

"Take it back!"

"It's not all shit" Joe said. "Some of the facts have credible sources. But the zombie apocalypse one did not have a source so...it's a piece of shit" ROss threw a chicken nugget at Joe's eye. "Ow!"

"Hey no throwing shit in my car!" Bryan exclaimed. Joe threw a french fry at Ross. Instead of catching it, Ross opened his mouth and caught it.

"SCORE!"