Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

War

Shay waited until Leena got into school to approach her. She thought a note would be best but a face-to-face confrontation was key.

"Leena" she said as she approached her.

"Hey" she said. They weren't really friends. They came from different worlds. They only thing they had in common was Bryan.

"I saw Kara and Carly breaking into your locker the other day" she said. "I think they mentioned something about taking it to the lost and found--i'm not sure though. If I had known it was your locker I would have ---"

"Thanks" Leena said. She closed her locker. "What would you suggest I do?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"You're giving off that holy vibe" she said. "I don't have a conscious so I need someone to tell me to do the right thing"

Shay smirked. "If I were you I would put some asshole freshman in their place. And if I ever get like that, don't ever hesitate to do so" Leena smiled.

"Thanks" Leena walked away. Shay smiled as she walked down the hall.

...

Mac brought her lunch over to Leena's table. "I'm telling you, Shay's right" Karo said.

"Shay's right about what?" Mac asked.

"The freshman" Brook said. "They think they own the place"

"Last years seniors wouldn't stand for this shit. Hell, when we were freshman the sophomores would tell us to chill our egos" Karo said.

"I know" Leena said. "But what do we do?"

"We go to war, simple" Mac said. "They want to act like 12 year olds, we're going to treat them like 12 year olds"

"Mackenzie" Leena started. "We're too old for that. Two wrongs don't make a right"

"Yet two negatives do multiply to be a positive" Brook said. "I know it's not what you want to hear, but I'm sick of these entitled bitches walking around here thinking they're the hottest shit around"

"Shay Park is literally the nicest human on this earth and if she wants us to fight then we should" Karo said.

Mac smirked deviously. "I have an idea"

...
"Joe had another seizure during class today" Ross said. Him and Bryan walked to class together. "it was crazy"

"Should we be concerned that Joe's had two seizures within 24 hours?" Bryan asked. "I'm not a brain doctor so..."

"He texted me saying hes fine now. He's at the hospital"

"Bros night at the hospital" Bryan declared. There was a bit of a silence between them before Bryan continued. "You know, we've had too many bro's nights at the hospital" Ross shrugged.

"Maybe this time they'll catch what's going on with him" Ross suggested. "I want to live without being scared Joe's brain is going to explode" Bryan chuckled.

"Can you imagine? An actual brain exploding a bomb?"

"That would be sick" Ross said. "Let's hope it happens to someone we hate"

"ROSS!" Someone exclaimed. The boys turned around and saw Kara walking towards them.

"Ha" Bryan said simply. "I'll see you in class" Ross waited for Kara to watch up to him while Bryan walked away.

"Ross, I've been looking all over for you" Ross smiled.

"Well you found me" he said. "What do you want?" Kara was a bit offended by his demeanor.

"I wanted to know if you were available to hook up again?" she asked. Ross didn't want to blow up and yell at her for all the shit she did to him and his friends a week ago. So he decided to put her down gently.

"No thank you" he said. "I'm not into random hook ups...not anymore" he walked away. Kara rolled her eyes.

Haley and Carly came up behind Kara. "So, what did he say?" Carly asked. Kara didn't know what to say. The truth or a lie? Kara was so confident before that he'd agree.

"We're going to hang out again" Kara said. "We just don't know when" she said simply. Not technically lying but not telling the truth either.

"THATS SO COOL!" Carly squealed. "I can't believe you're seeing a senior!" Kara faked a smile. She would get with Ross eventually.

...
"Is everything ok?" Leena asked Joe over the phone. She leaned against the row of lockers while she was waiting for Brook and Karo.

"Yeah everythings fine...I think" Joe said.

"You think?"

"The doctors are still doing more tests. I did an MRI and everything...It could be something we can't see yet that's causing the seizures" he said. Leena nodded. "But for right now I feel great"

"Are you staying over night?"

"No, now I'm home" he said. "Are we having bros night tonight?"

"Maybe, the guys have practice late tonight so it might be just the two of us" she smiled. the best memories made were the ones with just her and Joe.

"What are you doing now?"

"Getting revenge"

"Do I wanna know?"

"Yeah I'll tell you everything later" Leena said. She saw Kara coming down the hall. "Call you back later, K?"

"Ok..." he said slowly. Leena hung up and put her phone in her pocket.

"Where the fuck is Karo" she said. Karo ran out from behind Leena, startling her a bit. "Finally! they're coming!" Karo gave Leena a bottle and Leena took it gently. "How'd you pee in a bottle anyways?" Brook and Karo giggled.

"It's harder then it seems" Karo said.

"No shit...her lockers locked" Leena said.

"No problem" Karo pulled out a safety pin and worked her magic. Kara, Carly and Haley saw what was going on.

Mac came up the stairs behind them. "What smells?" she asked. Leena held up the bottle. "Did you really pee in the bottle?" Karo chuckled. "Why didn't you have a guy do it"

"That would have been a very smart idea" Brook said.

"HEY!" Kara exclaimed. The girls got closer. Karo got the locker opened. Together Leena and Karo emptied the locker completely onto the floor. Kara, Carly and Haley reached the seniors. "What the fuck are you doing?" Kara grabbed onto Brook's arm to pull her away but Brook pushed her back.

"Lesson 1, freshman" Leena said. "When you want to act like 12 year olds, we're going to act like 12 year olds, too" she said. "And for future references..." Leena started to poor Karo's pee all over Kara's books, papers, back packs and etc. "You might want to have more water in your diet so your pee isn't as pewtride and yellow as Karolina's" she said. Leena dropped the bottle and smirked. The four girls, Karo, Leena, Brook and Mac pushed past the three freshman.

"Is this really pee?" Carly asked. Haley bent over.

"Yeah, that's definately urine"

...

"You wanna hear about something awesome?" Shay asked Sohee over the phone. "Today Leena Warren poured someone's pee all over this freshman's shit. It was hilarious"

"So she peed in a cup to pour it on someone elses stuff?" Sohee asked.

"No I think Karolina peed in a bottle or something" Shay said. Shay opened up her laptop. "TO get revenge at them for totally fucking up Ross' party last weekend"

"Oh those freshman. They deserved it"

"That's what I told Leena" Shay said. "So how's college?"

"Pretty cool" Sohee said. she had to pick her words carefully. "Classes are easy, nothing I can't handle" she said.

"Tell me about your friends" Shay said. Sohee didn't know how to respond so she stayed quiet. Shay got the hint.

"Shay, I'm having a really hard time here" Sohee admitted. She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes.

"Everything will be ok" Shay told her. "It's only been a few weeks. You have Rachel and Holly and Matt, right?"

"Not really" Sohee admitted. "Matt has his own group of friends, I never hear from Rachel and I don't even know what Holly does"

"Why don't you call them to hang out"

"They're too busy for me" Sohee sniffled.

"Ash" Shay said. "You'll be fine"

"But I'm so lonely here. My roommate hates me"

"I don't think so" Shay said. "You're having a hard time adjusting, just give it time" Sohee stayed silent. "Ash?"

"I'll be fine" she said.

"I know you will"