Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Friday

The gang met up for their morning 'bro-session' as Ross called it. They would eat breakfast in the cafeteria by their stomping ground, the table by the windows.

"So the doctors aren't sure of anything" Joe said. "But I feel fine" Bryan patted Joe on the back.

"As soon as you hear something back from them, you better call a bro-sesh" Joe smirked.

"Don't worry I will--so how was plotting revenge?" Joe asked. Leena smiled deviously as she ate her breakfast cereal.

"It was amazing" Ross said for her. "I didn't see it, but I heard about it...are you going to get in trouble?"

"Probably" Leena said. "Brook claims I have no reason to get in trouble. None of the camera's face Kara's locker"

"How do you know?"

"Karo" Leena said. "You know she's the queen of getting out of trouble"

"I have some news" Sean said. They turned their attention to Sean. "Ms. Haggerty asked me to write an article on Dakota" the gang stayed quiet. "I told her I needed time to think about it"

"Do it!" Bryan said immediately. "No one really knows what happens, we were there" he said. "And besides, you can get closure" Leena nodded.

"I think this is a good thing" Leena says. Sean nodded.

"Ok, I'll do it"

....

Later that afternoon at lunch, the freshman were up to no good. Kara, Carly and the rest of their freshman frineds decided to take the gangs signature tables by the window.

Sean walked in first, at first he thought he was seeing things or maybe he was in the wrong cafeteria. But once Bryan came in...

"The fuck!" he exclaimed. "Are they the freshman?" he asked. Sean nodded. "Oh hell naw" Bryan walked out.

"Where are you going?" Sean asked but Bryan didn't answer. Sean waited by the door for the others. Leena wandered in next.

"Why are you standing here?" Leena asked. Sean pointed over to their table. "Oh hell naw" she left the cafeteria. Sean rolled his eyes, leaned against the wall and waited for someone to actually help him.

Ross came in next with Joe, they were chatting and both wonderered why Sean was standing by the door but didn't think of it. They got halfway to their table, turned around, walked back to Sean cursing.

"OH HELL NAW!" Joe said. "Let's go" the two left, Sean followed.

"Where the fuck are we going?" Sean asked.

"This is emergency ten dash forty-five" Ross said. He called Bryan. "Yup, yup, we're on our way" Ross hung up and together the three walked outside to the court yard where Leena and Bryan were waiting.

"What the fuck is a ten dash forty-five?" Sean asked.

"You haven't been in our clique for as long as we have" Bryan said. "About a month before you joined our inner circle, we came up with codes with some of the old seniors like Mike, Matt, Lauren...because that table by the window is not just a table of prime real estate, it's the SENIORS table" Bryan said. "And we have to defend it"

"Someone get Mackenzie for me" Leena said. Joe left.

"Why do you need Mackenzie?" Sean asked.

"We're declaring war" Leena said. "Bryan, can you sign the declaration of war, please?" she asked politely. Sean was so confused.

"I'm typing it as you speak" Bryan said as he started furiously typing on his phone.

"Heres the plan" Leena said. "We have no plan" she said.

"We can't let them get away with this. Smashing my mom's plates is fine, she hasn't even noticed, taking your books was fine, you got all your shit back but that table...that table is a symbol of authority" Ross said. Sean could not comprehend what was going on.

"Ok, does anyone else think we're over reacting just a little?" Sean asked.

"No" they all replied. Sean sat down at one of the tables and opened his lunch bag.

"I'll be here if you need me" he said.

Joe came back with Mackenzie and Karolina and Brooklyn. "Oh hell naw!" Karo said. "What do those little brats think they're doing?"

"I don't know" Bryan said. "But I just finished typing the declaration of war"

"Since when have we become a mini-government?" Sean asked.

"Since we became a gang" Bryan said. "I'll send you our constitution. We're technically a school club" Sean was so confused.

"How do we approach this, do we kick them out of the tables OR do we do something mysterious" Brooklyn said. "I suggest letting them think they won this round by sitting somewhere else" Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Then what?" Mackenzie asked.

"Bee-arr-bee I have to print out the declaration" Bryan said as he left.

"Can someone atleast explain this government thing we have going on?" Sean asked.

"I'm the president" Leena said. "Bryan's the secretary. Karo, Brook and Joe are the congress, Ross is the VP..." Leena listed. "And you're in the congress, too, I thought you knew this"

"No one tells me anything" Sean said.

"We made it up during the summer" Ross said. "For funnsies, we didn't see you at all during vacation" Sean nodded, he was playing anti-social all summer.

Bryan came back with a piece of paper. "OK, everyone sign it" he said.

"Are we going to present it to them?" Sean asked.

"No, why would we?" Bryan asked.

"If this was real life, don't you think the other country should know we're attacking them?" Sean asked. He thought this was reasonable. But Sean didn't know they came up with these ideas while they were high one night during the summer break.

"Here's a story" Leena said. "When Iraq attacked us, we attacked them back and then it became a war" she said. "I think it's implied by both parties that this is going to happen"

"I'm pretty sure that's not what happened but whatever" Sean said. "Go on..." Leena and everyone exclusing Sean and Mackenzie signed this 'declaration of war'.

"Ok what's our first attack?" Ross asked. "That pee shit you guys pulled was brilliant. We have to up that"

Bryan was thinking of ideas in his head while the others talked out some possible ideas. And then something came to him. He quickly opened up his text messages. He was a popular guy, alot of people texted him throughout the day.

"Ok here this" Bryan said. "Simon texted me asking if Ross was dating Kara" he said.

"Why would he think that?" Leena asked. "Ross, I thought you shut her down"

"I did" Ross said.

"This is brilliant" Leena said. She started to walk towards the door back into the school from the court yard.

"What's on your mind?" Brooklyn asked. "How do we use that against them?"

"What's the worst thing that can ever happen in high school?" Leena asked as she had one hand firmly on the door handle.

"Bullying" Mackenzie shouted out.

"Relationship failures" Ross said.

"Parents catch you in the act" Joe said.

"No, total school wide embarassment" Leena said. Leena threw the door open almost taking out Bryan as she walked inside the school. The gang kinda stood there trying to figure out what she was going to do, then all at once they tried to run inside of the school towards the tiny door.

They ran into the cafeteria.

"May I have your attention!" Leena stood on top of a table.

"My fucking god" Bryan chuckled.

"I have an announcement to make" the room got quiet. "I think most of you know that today someone started a rumor that Ross Barnes was in a relationship with freshman Kara Moore" she said. Kara hid her face. "Well I want to tell you all that this rumor is false. And you wanna know who started it?" Leena pointed towards the freshman table. "Kara Moore herself started this rumor. And you wanna know what Ross said?" she turned to Ross and smirked. "He said he can do better then a pathetic little freshman girl" everyone laughed. Kara looked up at Leena. Leena smirked and stepped off the table.

"Shots fired" Carly muttered.

...

"This was the best day of my life" Joe said. Leena smirked. The two walked around the track that engulfed their football field. They were enjoying a lovely Friday night football game. "You put the smack down on her"

"I know"

"Sean seemed kinda confused by all of it"

"Yeah...this whole summer was just Bryan, you and myself hanging out with Ross getting drunk and high and Sean just being by himself. I only saw him twice the entire break"

"Wow"

"I don't blame him though." Leena said. "I just wish he'd talk about it. We spent so many nights bonding together but he always said he had 'plans'" she said.

"I hope writing the article on Dakota helps" Joe said. "I want the old Sean back...I mean he's still Sean but he has this edge to him like he's going to explode and cry any second. Maybe that's what he needs, to explode and cry and break some shit"

"That helps me" Leena said. "That's why my mom doesn't buy glass shit anymore" the two giggled. "You know, the football team would be doing so much better if they had you" Joe blushed.

"I'm out of commission" Joe said. "Maybe one day I can play again. I'll definitely try out for baseball in the spring. Less head contact"

"I've been banned from trying out for softball" Leena said. "But I have ice hockey"

"Aren't they doing lacrosse, too?" Joe asked. "We could all do lacrosse together!"

"Oh my god, we'd be the baddest bitches on the team" Leena. "I'm awesome at catching, Sean's awesome at fake-throwing, you're good at running, Bryan's good at shooting and Ross is like good at everything" Joe smiled. "We'd be sick, we'd win everything"

"I can't wait" he said.

"I can" she said. "I don't want to graduate"

"Me neither" Joe said. "But it has to happen eventually" Leena frowned. "What's your top choice college again?"

"North Eastern" she said with a smile. "I have a good chance of getting in if they ignore my arguable criminal record" they both laughed. "I have good grades, I'm just..."

"Ridiculous" Joe answered.

"Yeah, Ridiculous"

"Yo, but seriously" he said. "The smack down was real. You are the goddess of clap backs" Leena laughed.