Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Drunk

It was the night of the homecoming dance. The football players were required to attend because they lost the homecoming day the night before and that was the deal they made with their coach.

the homecoming dance was the lamest school dance of all the dances they put on during the school year. Sean and Leena decided to ditch, Sean's didn't technically play in the homecoming game so he was not responsible for the outcome.

Ross and Bryan showed up and Joe tagged along for support.

"This is going to be the worst four hours of my life" Ross said. "But I brought something to help" Ross pulled out a flask.

"Isn't that your dads?"

"My dad isn't even in this country" Ross said. "I think I'm safe" he took a quick drink. He offered it to Bryan and Joe, they both shook their heads.

"So what do we do now?" Bryan asked. "Pretend we want to be here?"

"I guess" the three wandered around the gym looking at everyone who was dressed up in their best outfits, dancing with their friends.

Bryan spotted Shay. "hey! Long time no see" he said. Shay faked a smile. "What's up?"

"Nothing, have you seen Mr. Nick Van Buren" Bryan, Ross and Joe looked around. "nope, shouldn't he be with you"

"He should" Shay said. "But he ditched me" Shay sat down on the bleachers, Bryan sat besides her.

"Are you guys having problems?" he asked.

"Many problems" she said. "We haven't even been dating for that long. Shouldn't he wait a little longer before breaking my heart?" Bryan chuckled.

"It's better to get out now before you really get her feelings hurt" he said as he stood up. "If we see him we'll redirect him" he said.

"I'm going out for a smoke" Ross said. "Anyone want to join me?"

"Only if you give me alcohol" Joe said.

"Deal" Ross and Joe left. Bryan stood there watching everyone. He sat down on the bleachers again but Shay was gone. Another girl sat down a few seats away from him. She kept looking down at her phone. Bryan felt like he knew her, or at least recognized her. If you asked Sean he could recite all the names of everyone in the senior and junior classes.

"Hey" Bryan said. He slid down so he was closer to her. "I'm Bryan" she looked up and faked a little smile.

"Hey" she said softly. "We know each other" she said.

"We do?"

"We sit next to each other in Haggerty's calculus class"

"Oh yeah!" Bryan said. "I knew you looked familiar."

"Sam" she said. "My name's Sam"

"I knew that" Bryan smirked. "How are you liking calculus?" he asked.

"It's interesting" she said. "Haggerty's a bitch, though" Bryan laughed.

"Yeah she is" he said. "I kinda wish I took an easier class. If I fail I won't graduate"

"How'd you do on the last exam?"

"67"

"Damn. It's passing though" Bryan nodded. "Where's your posse?" she asked.

"Smoking outside" he said.

"Hope they don't get caught"

"Ross is too fearless and Joe is...well, Joe" Sam giggled. "Even if you told him he'd get kicked off the football team, he'd still smoke and drink when he wanted to"

"I'm not a fan of smoking but I appreciate his boldness" she smiled.

"Why are you sitting alone, anyways?" he asked.

"My stupid ex-boyfriend" she said. "He's friends with my friends and I can't stand to be around him anymore"

"Oh" he said. "How'd you breakup?"

"He cheated on me multiple times" Sam said. "Fucking hate him"

"I get it" Bryan said. "I've been cheated on before"

"Doesn't it suck?"

"It sucks so much"

...

After Shay's talk with Bryan she went over to Dillon and her group of friends. "Found Nick yet?" Dillon asked. She shook her head sadly. "Well we found a newbie" Dillon motioned to a new girl they've never met before. "This is Sydney, it's her first year here"

"Awesome" Shay said. "I'm Shay"

"Dillon has pretty much gotten me caught up on everything around here" Sydney said. "Your the class president, your sister is hot...according to Gary" Shay chuckled. "Stay away from Haggerty, don't eat the school lunches and don't trust any one especially if they're a senior"

Shay nodded. "That's pretty much it" Shay said. "Oh and don't drink the bubbler water it's shit" Sydney nodded.

"It looks like I'm all filled in" she joked. "Just one questions, why can't we trust seniors?"

"There may or may not be a huge turf war going on between the seniors and anyone else who gets in their way" Dillon said. "Leena Warren is the worst" Shay rolled her eyes. "She's a dude in a girls body. You'll know her when you see her she dresses like a hoodlum" he said.

"Leena isn't bad" Shay said. "She's really sweet when you actually talk to her"

"All the seniors are really nice" Gary said. "It's the freshman you have to watch out for" Shay nodded. She linked arms with Sydney.

"Don't talk to Kara Moore or Carly Kramer if you can help it. They are evil. They are mean girls" she said.

"What have they done?" Sydney asked.

"Politics" Dillon said. "You don't take the seniors lunch table" Gary and Shay both winced. "What a play though, they're good warriors them freshman" Sydney was confused.

"I can't wait to see what they come up with next" Gary said. "Humiliating them in front of most of the school was priceless!"

"I'm so confused" Sydney said.

"It's an unraveling war, when you see it, you'll know" Shay said. Sydney nodded.

...

"BEEP BEEP MOTHER FUCKERS!" someone screamed. Ross and Joe looked up quickly to see Sean's car pulling into the school's parking lot.

"Fuck yeah!" Ross said. "Quick, go get Bryan" Joe ran inside. Sean pulled his car around in front of the door. "YES!" Ross slid into the back seat.

"Are you ready to accept jesus as your lord and savior?" Leena asked. Ross smirked.

"YES!" he said. "TAKE ME TO HEAVEN!" Joe and Bryan ran outside and got in the back seat with Ross.

"God bless all of you" Bryan kissed the top of Sean's head.

"What's on the agenda?" Joe asked.

"Well I got this" Leena pulled out a bottle of vodka from under her seat. "And a shit ton of weed"

"WHOOOOOO!!!" Sean quickly stomped on the gas and propelled the car forward. They raced out of the school parking lot.

...

Sydney and Shay took a break from dancing to sit down. "Gary's a dance machine" Sydney said. "Incredible" Shay smiled.

"Yeah, we're a pretty special bunch of people" she said.

"Dillon's nice too" Sydney said. "Although he's a bit...nerdy" the girls laughed.

"Dillon's pretty special too, but he's a sweet heart" Sydney nodded. "How do you like it here?" she asked.

"It's pretty great" Sydney said with a big smile. "I have you, Dillon, Gary" she said. "Oh and theres this guy Nick who keeps flirting with me" she said. Nick? Shay thought, her Nick? Shay's smile turned to a frown. "He's pretty sweet too" Shay nodded. "A lot of the seniors are really hot. At my old school the seniors looked like 12 year olds" she joked. Shay kept nodding but she couldn't stop thinking about Nick flirting with Sydney.

...

"JACK I'M FLYING!" Leena exclaimed. Ross pushed Leena round an empty parking lot at 10 at night in a shopping cart. "I'M FLYING JACK!" Ross let go of Leena's cart. She ducked as she braced for impact. The art hit a poll and she almost fell out.

Ross laughed hysterically.

"I haven't been this high in ages" Bryan said. Him and Sean chilled out in the back seat of Sean's car.

"We should get Mcdanks after this" he said.

"Of course, it's tradition" Sean said.

"Someone push me!" Joe exclaimed. Ross grabbed a cart and Joe jumped in. Ross pushed Joe around the parking lot until Ross run out of energy so he let go. Joe's cart lost balance and he fell over. Leena, Ross and Joe all laughed as they helped him up.

"Puff puff pass" Bryan told Sean. "C'mon" Sean passed Bryan the joint. "We have rules for a reason" Sean smirked.

"I've decided I don't want senior year to end" he says. Bryan smiled. He took one good drag and handed it back to Sean. "I'm having too much fun"

"Me too" he said. "But imagine what college is like" he said. "It could be better. Don't you wanna find out?" Sean shrugged.

"I like things how they are right now"

"PARTY FOUL!" Ross screamed. Sean and Bryan looked out the window to see Joe on the ground passed out. Leena and Ross carried him over to the car, Joe puked.

"Someone's a little wasted" Bryan said. He got out of the car and let Joe have his seat.

"I'm fine" Joe said before he passed out. Everyone laughed.

"Ok lets get some mcdanks then we're going to the Grafton playground" Sean said.

"FUCK YEAH!" Leena and Ross high fived. "I love the grafton playground!" Ross squealed. Leena and Ross got in the back seat with Joe while Bryan took the passenger seat.

...

"Thanks for letting me shower" Lauren said. She put her things down in Sohee's dorm room on campus.

"No problem, I'm going to take a shower real quick, hang tight" Sohee left the room

"Ok" Rachel said. "What the fuck is going on with her?" Holly shrugged.

"I never see her" Holly said defensively.

"I never see you" Rachel said. "And we live in the same building" Holly shrugged.

"Hold on" Lauren said. She picked up her phone and called Bryan.

"Who are you calling?" Rachel asked.

"Who do you think?--Bryan?" Lauren asked. "Hey it's Lo, I have a quick question...you know me I need answers--ok, why did you and Sohee break up again?...oh...ooooohhh" Lauren made a face to Rachel and Holly. She hung up the phone. "Sohee cheated on him" Rachel and Holly gasped.