Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Coma

Lauren woke up early the next morning and waited for Sohee and the other girls to awaken. The girls got dressed and went to breakfast together. Once she had all of their attention she attacked.

"So I called Bryan last night" Lauren said. Sohee sighed. "He said you cheated" she looked down at her food on her plate. "What's going on?"

"One of my roommates friends" she said softly. "It was once like the first week of school. I told Bryan right away and I broke up with him" she said but Lauren was getting a different vibe from Sohee. She didn't seem that upset with it, it was like she was just repeating a story she had memorized.

"Ash" Rachel started. "Didn't you learn from Joe?" she asked.

"I'm so over it" Sohee said. "That's why I haven't talked about it" Lauren still wasn't buying it. Why was she so different now?

...

Sydney and Shay exchanged phone numbers the night before and texted all through the night even when they left the dance. In the morning they even talked on the phone.

"My god I'm exhausted" Shay said. "I feel like my feet are disconnected from my body some how" she said. "Whats up with you?"

"I'm tired" she said. "You guys left way before I did, what did you do?"

"Nothing" Shay said. "My mom drove us all home. That was the latest anyone could get their moms to pick us up. Dillon's older brother was supposed to take us home but he ditched and was apparently too stoned to get us"

"Oh, well I had a great time" Sydney said. "You guys leaving forced me to talk to new people. I went back over to that Nick guy and we danced a bit, it was kinda sweet" she said. Shay sighed. She kinda wanted to cry but she didn't feel the emotion.

"Sydney I have a confession to make"

"What?"

"Nick's my boyfriend" Sydney didn't respond for a few seconds and the seconds turned into a very awkward silence.

"Oh my god" she finally said.

"It's not your fault you didn't know" Shay said. "I should have told you last night. I'm sorry"

"Shay, I know we don't really know each other that well" Sydney started. "But if your man is flirting with other girls I think its time to ditch him for someone better" she said. Shay nodded and now she could feel the tears.

"I just can't live up to two failed relationships within a year due to cheating" she said as the tears slowly formed in her eyes. "What's wrong with me?"

"Guys are pigs, there whats wrong" Sydney told her. And quickly, a new friendship was forming.

...

Bryan called an emergency bros night that night. They've never had an emergency bro's night before.

"According to the constitution" Ross started. "We only have emergency bro's nights if someone's like really fucking in trouble" Leena, Sean and Ross all took a seat around Bryan's bed. "Where's Joe?"

"I haven't been able to reach him" Leena said. "I called him like five times. I was going to pick him up since he doesn't have a car and all..."

"It's about Joe" Bryan said. "I called him this morning asking if he was alright since he was like unconscious when we dropped him off" he started. "But he wasn't answering so I called his mom since our moms are so tight and good friends"

"And..."

"He's in the hospital" Bryan said. Leena, Ross and Sean turned to each other. Bryan said it in such a way that it seriously terrified them.

"Well what's wrong?" Ross asked. "Is he alive?"

"If he was dead I would have told you to go straight to the hospital" Bryan said. "But he's still unconscious from last night. I wanted to go over there are a group" Leena nodded.

"What do you mean he's still unconscious?" Sean asked softly. "He got really wasted and passed out, we've all done it. He's no stranger for alcohol-pass outs" he said. "What's wrong with him?" Bryan shrugged.

"I don't know, but I want to be there when they find out"