Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Maggots

The gang sat by their usual lunch table. "I wonder what the freshman are planning" Ross said. "It's been a while since they've attempted to spite us"

"Nah" Bryan said. "But I heard Karolina got suspended for three days"

"Really, what happened?"

"I don't know the specifics yet, Brook said she was smoking in the bathrooms"

"Damn" Ross said. "She should have invited me" Bryan chuckled. "How's Leena?"

"Joe's awake now, why is Leena still with him?" Sean asked. Bryan could feel he was harboring some inner rage over this.

"Sean, Leena and Joe are best friends, like literally siblings" he said. "Of course she's going to be there and if my mom didn't need my car today I would be there too" he admitted.

"I'm skipping practice to see him" Ross said. "I'll get mcdanks"

"My mom's picking me up, I'll get my car and buy a cake" Bryan said.

"Can he smoke?" Sean asked. Ross and Bryan gave him that 'are you serious?' look. He has brain problems, he obviously can't take anything that can alter his brain. "Ok, I'll find cocaine" they laughed.

"Anyways" Bryan said. "Now that Joe's awake this is good news--" Brook sat down at the table.

"Oh god this is awkward" Brooklyn said. "Karo's gone, Leena's gone..." she got up. "Yeah I can't sit with you guys" she walked away.

"Ok, that didn't hurt my feelings or anything" Ross said. Bryan smirked.

"OK" Bryan said. "Although Joe's awake they're doing tests which means something super scary could be going on" he said. "If he gets super sick I need to know we can all function together" Ross and Sean nodded. "no getting drunk, no getting crazy and spending a lot of time alone" he said. "Joe needs us. So I expect full bro night attendances, I'll be taking attendance at every meeting! In fact, I'll put it in the constitution"

"This is bull shit" Ross said. "This is so unconstitutional...wait, can I bring alcohol to bro nights?"

"Sure, as long as you're at least half lucid" Ross nodded slowly.

"I can do that" he said. "I can do that and more for Joe. Anyways, I'll bring the Mcdanks, you'll get the cake. Heck let's just go together, Sean what are you bringing?"

"What do we need?"

"Porn!" Bryan said excitedly. Ross and Sean were a bit confused. "Remember in freshman year, we used to watch porn and analyze it!" Ross and Sean laughed as they remembered that ridiculous little memory.

"Simon would just have most of the football team over to analyze porn and someone always got a boner" Ross said. "And it was always Simon" Bryan smiled. "Ok, Sean bring the porn. You better get some kinky shit"

"Someone has to get a boner" Sean said. "It's tradition"

"I will put it in the constitution" Bryan said.

Brook came back to the lunch table. "Bryan can I talk to you?" she asked. Bryan nodded and left the cafeteria with Bryan.

"What's up?"

"It's about Karo" she said. "I need to tell you the real reason why she got suspended" she said. Bryan was confused.

"Real reason? It fits Karo's personality to be smoking up a joint in the bathroom" he joked.

"She punched Kara" Brook admitted. "Because Kara said something about Leena and Joe about how they're fucking" Brook said. "And something about how pathetic it is and how Leena and Joe are like...ugh...I can't get into it" she said. "because it makes me sad"

Bryan pulled out his phone and quickly called Karolina. "Karo, no time, what exactly did Kara say about Leena?"

"I quote" Karolina started. "But isn't that so pathetic, why would Leena care so much about a pathetic dead beat like Joe, it's rather sad how romantic they are, why don't they just get married. I bet they're fucking on the side without Sean knowing. End quote" Bryan hung up his phone.

Bryan marched into the cafeteria and quickly spotted the freshman table. He saw Kara and her sidekick Carly. "ROSS!" he called. "grab my folder" he yelled. Ross grabbed Bryan's folder and with Sean they ran over to Bryan and met at the freshman table. Kara and the other freshmen were confused why they were standing there.

"Can we help you?" Carly asked.

"Yeah you can" Bryan said. He took his folder and pulled out the declaration of war. "Listen here maggots" he said. "The next time you talk about, hurt or even look at one of my friends, I will ruin you" he said. he left the 'declaration of war' paper behind and the three marched back to their table.

Kara took the paper read it. Of course it seemed a bit silly to them but to Bryan it was making a statement.

"What happened?" Ross asked.

"If Leena or Joe asks, tell them Karo got suspended for smoking in school" Bryan said.

"So I'm guessing something is going down?" Sean asked. Bryan nodded.

...

Aiden and AJ watched as Ross, Sean and Bryan walked over to the freshman. "Those freshman don't stand a chance" Aiden said. "They can try to fight all they want..."

"I saw Karo beating the shit out of Kara yesterday" AJ said. "Karo turned herself in"

"Why? We all know that area of the school has the least amount of camera security. She could have gotten away with it easily"

"I don't know. Karo really can't afford to get in trouble if she plans on going to college" AJ said. "Speaking of college, Rory has this guy friend who's really fucking annoying and always in her instagram pictures and I think he likes her--" AJ said really quickly. Aiden put his hand on his shoulder.

"Dude relax" he said. "How many times do I have to tell you that Rory loves you?"

"Many many many times" AJ said. "And I need to hear it from her, myself"

"If you're so jealous why don't you break up with her?" Aiden suggested. He spoke in a soft tone.

"That's what I'm afraid of...I've already thought about this"

"DID YOU SEE THE WAY HE JUST WALKED ACROSS THE ROOM LIKE THAT!" Shay squealed. Aiden and AJ turned to the sophomores usual clump of tables in the middle of the cafeteria. Shay's squeal was hard to miss. "He thinks he's so tough"

AJ and Aiden smiled.

...

Sydney was putting her things in her back pack. "My mom said I could drive you all home today" Shay squealed. "I don't even have my permit yet, I'm surprised she's so cool with this"

"Why wouldn't she be?" Sydney closed her locker.

"With Shay we couldn't afford drivers ed so she had to wait until she was 18" Shay said. "But I think my mom might let me do it"

"When's your birthday?"

"February 2" Shay smiled.

"That's like less than three months"

"I KNOW!" Shay said. "I can't wait to turn 16. Sohee got a huge fucking birthday party, my dad came home, too" she said. "It was awesome, she was like a princess on her 16th" Shay smiled. "So I'm going to throw a huge bash and my dad will be home and it'll be awesome"

"I'll start looking for awesome gifts" Sydney said with a smirk. "Oh and by the way my birthday is January 30th" Shay squealed, Sydney had to cover her ears.

"THAT'S SO COOL!" She said. "We should throw a joint b-day party" she sung. Sydney chuckled.

"No it's ok, my mom has something huge planned that she won't talk about. The perks of being the only girl and the youngest child"

"Oh I need to ask Haggerty a question, meet Dillon by the front door" Sydney nodded. Shay walked away. Sydney smiled. She spent the first six weeks of school so lonely, and now she had awesome friends.

Sydney started walking towards the front door of the school. Nick saw her and walked towards her. Sydney saw him and turned around to avoid him.

"SYD!" Nick called. She sighed and stopped walking. She turned around to face him.

"We can't talk anymore" she said. "You had a girlfriend that you cheated on"

"I never cheated" Nick said. "Am I flirtatious, yes, but I'm not a cheater" he smirked.

"Shay's my friend" Sydney said. "I really don't want to see you, especially if you hurt her" Nick still had this smug smirk on his face.

"You seemed pretty into me at the dance" Nick said. "You know I'm no longer committed...Just give me a chance" he said.

"NO!" Sydney started walking towards the door, Nick kept following.

"As friends, then" he said. "We'll hang out just as friends" Sydney stopped walking again. "If you agree to that then we will never ever talk again" he said. "Scouts promise" Sydney sighed. "Give me your address I'll pick you up at 6"

"230 Forest Drive" she said. "Big yellow house you can't miss it" Sydney walked away. "But just as friends and we'll never talk again!" Nick smirked. She had to run. That smirk hurt.

...

"OK MOTHER FUCKERS!" Bryan walked into Joe's hospital room. Leena ran over to their group of idiot friends and hugged them.

"Isn't it a beautiful day?" Leena asked.

"It's thirty degrees and raining but sure!" Ross said. "Guess what we got for our special boy" Ross was carrying several bags. "We got a shit ton of McDanks and a fucking awesome cake. Sorry it says happy birthday we didn't know what to write on it" Joe's smile was very weak.

"Let the celebrations begin!" Sean closed the hospital door. "Oh and I have an announcement" Bryan said. "I wrote in some new amendments to our constitution I wanna read them to you" The gang sat around Joe's bed. "Amendment 1, speak your mind even if it involves conflicting views. Amendment 2, you can only miss 2 bro nights a month, Amendment 3, declarations of war has to be approved by 3 out of 4 members of the gang, Amendment 4, someone always has to bring either alcohol or some kind of drug to a bro night and that has to be discussed ahead of time, Amendment 5, if someone goes out without their parents permission we have to back them up and make up some random story even if we have no idea whats going on, Amendment 6, if you want to get fucked up before bros night you have to be at least half lucid, Amendment 7" the gang rolled their eyes. "If we're watching porn, at least 1 person has to get a boner--"

"But I don't have a penis" Leena said.

"That's not my problem" Bryan said. "Someone has to get a boner...Amendment 8" they all sighed. "AMENDMENT 8" Bryan said aggressively. "We ride together, we die together." There was this feeling of happiness in the room. "Now lets eat!" Bryan passed around the McDonalds and the drinks.

"I haven't had a big mac since the dance" Joe said. "The food here is shit" he said.

"I wish we would have been here" Ross said. "Before you woke up, I mean"

"There's no point" Joe said. "Unless I still got morning wood...do you think I did?"

"I don't know" Leena said. "I was only here for a few hours yesterday"

"Yeah and we were at the hospital for a few hours on Sunday night" Bryan said. "Anyways...Sean, do you have the festivities?" Sean smirked.

"Remember amendment 7" Sean said. He pulled a laptop out of his back pack.

"It feels like Simon's post-football parties all over again" Joe joked. "Anyone have popcorn?"

"Fucking Matt Simon" Bryan said. "If I will remember anything from high school, it's fucking Matthew Simon and his fucking porn parties after football. God, does anyone have a joint?"

"Of course" Sean pulled one out of his back pocket. "I don't have a lighter though and it's a hospital so..."

"I got one" Bryan opened the two windows and lit the joint out the window, he took a long drag and blew the smoke in little circles.

"Puff puff pass mother fucker" Ross said. He took the joint from Bryan.

...

Brook sighed as Karolina dragged her up to the front door of a building. "Brook relax, we can do this"

"Karo, you've been doing this for a while now. You can do this shit alone!" Brooklyn said.

"This is alot of fucking drugs" Karo said. She opened her back pack. "I can't distribute this without being jumped so please, humor me" she said. "Carry this" Karo shoved the backpack in Brook's hands. Brook winced.

"I really don't want to do this" she muttered. Karo knocked on the door first then just opened it right up. A group of guys were sitting around a table playing cards while a bunch of teens were watching movies near by.

"I'm Karo" she said over the loud music. She walked over to the closest guy. "Stephen Waters sent me...Brook?" Brooklyn handed Karolina the bag. Karolina opened the backpack and dumped all the drugs on the table. "300 hundred bucks" she said.

"What about a hundred?" one of the guys asked as he stood up.

"What about three hundred" Karo said. "I'm not taking any shit. These drugs are expensive as fuck. You pay three hundred or I walk" she said. "and you don't want to know what my number one contact is" The guy smirked at her.

"Can we go?" Brooklyn asked.

"Once these fuck faces pay full price" Karo said.

"Ok, what about two fifty"

"Since you're cute I'll give you a discount" Karo said. "Three hundred" she smirked. The guy rolled his eyes.

"Fine. We'll take it all for three hundred" the boy gave Karo three one hundred dollar bills.

"Whoa" Brooklyn said. "People have those?"

"It comes with the biz" the guy said. Karo distributed out the drugs that were for them. They still had a little baggie of white powder to give out.

"Pleasure doing business" Karo said as she looked at the bills. "Let's bounce" Karo and Brook walked right out the front door. In front of the house was a cop car.

"SHIT!" Karo said. "RUN!" Karo took Brook's hand and the two ran into the woods behind the house.

A cop yelled after them but they didn't stop. They reached a fence. Karo threw the backpack over the fence and started climbing. Once she got to the top she helped Brook over. The two kept running, the cops couldn't follow them then.

They reached the street. "My god" Karo said. "I'm so out of shape. Come on we have one more house to hit"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" Brook exclaimed. "I'm not doing that again" Brook started walking away from Karo.

"What the fuck Brook!" Karo screamed. "You were supposed to help me?"

"This is some serious shit, Karo!" Brook said. "And I can't do this!" Brooklyn started running. Karo sighed.