Status: Updates every week! Conjoined story between BrittanyMorgan and I.

Planting Roses

Flash From the Past

Sally could clearly recall how busy the streets were that night. The smoke blown from the random passing strangers swarmed around her like clouds rolling in for a storm. When she met eyes with Tod, everything around her seemed to stop. Like the whole entire world slowed just so that every glimpse of his perfect face would burn into her memory forever. Of course, this interaction didn't last long before the world finally realized it needed to be going five steps faster in order to reach tomorrow on time. And the pole in front of her didn't seem all that willing to offer her any mercy as she face planted into it's very hard surface.

It didn't take but five seconds for Sally to realize she was in the arms of a perfectly good stranger. When she opened her eyes, all that she could see was Tod's perfect features bundled into complete confusion. Tod lifted her off the ground as she brushed off the pollution that was now sitting on her backside, hoping that some of her embarrassment would rub off with it. Patting her hair down, Tod's confusion seemed to slip away as he started to laugh.

"I am so sorry, please excuse me. I just can't help it now that I know you are okay. But really, I am not like this normally. I would like to introduce myself, perhaps more formally. My name is Tod Rosland."

Sally shook to try to clear her head. Who knew poles could do so much damage, in what? A few seconds? Sally then had to glance at her watch. Oh no! It was well past midnight and Sally hated getting up on little sleep. Glancing back up, Sally realized she still hadn't greeted the man. Silently she yelled at herself for being so stupid, before quickly replying,

"That's alright sir. I can't see how you could. My name is Amelia Turner, I would love to stay and chat, but I've got to get home. Here's my business card. Maybe you could give me a call?"

As Sally started to walk away she couldn't help but turn around to glace at his humored face once more. What was the chance she would see him again, anyhow?

"Maybe you could give me a call?" Sally said aloud to herself once she knew she was in a safe distance. "What in the world was I thinking? He probably thinks I am the best comedian in town, asking him out like that". If that's even what I did, Sally thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter to my first (hopefully successful) story. I am doing this combined with another writer. If you want to check her page out she is BrittanyMorgan. I hope you enjoy!!