Give Me Something Worth Living For

[02]

Image

"Everyone, everyone please gather at the long tables!" The older vampire ordered. "Once again I'm glad everyone could make it, and hello to all you new vampires." He nodded his head while saying this.

"Dawn is that-"

"Yep, that's Arturo Voss. Leader of the vampires," I answered.

"Where is Dawn Constantine?" Arturo asked.

"Over here," I said loud enough for him to hear me.

"Ohh Dawn you look lovely this evening. But I was wondering if you could give all the new vampires, and us old ones, a demonstration."

"A demonstration of what exactly?"

"Of one of your powers of course. Please, it would be wonderful. And it would show everyone how you truly are a very strong vampire. Need to put the new vampires in their place," he chuckled.

"I would, but I don't want to risk it. Too many enemies around here, I wouldn't want any of them knowing of all my powers."

He nodded in understanding, "Fair enough, but could you light our candles. Please? I couldn't find a match or a lighter."

I nodded my head and watched as the men turned off the lights in the building. In a blink of an eye all the candles in the room were lit. "Ouch!" Adam yelled. "Dawn!"

"Sorry," I snickered while watching him put his sleeve out, that caught on fire.

"Dawn if I didn't know any better I would call that flirting," Rose whispered.

"Yah, trying to set a guy on fire is really flirting there," I sarcastically whispered back.

"Thank you Dawn. Now I would like all the leaders of clans to come up here," Arturo ordered. I got up as did many other vampires and we walked on the stage. "Now take a look all you vampires. These vampires are tough, strong, and very good leaders. Without these leaders all the clans would be under constant war. So are there any new vampires that aren't in a clan?" he asked. About 15 vampires stood up out of their chairs. "Oh good, well then we want all of the clanless vampires to tell us your name, how you became a vampire, and any powers you know of. These leaders here might chose you to be apart of their clan."

So the new vampires talked about themselves. I didn't see any right for my clan though. But after awhile they were all in clans. "Good, now that's all settled with," Arturo said. "Now it's time to eat!" Sighs of relief came from some, and the "food" was set at tables. There were only a few vampires that fed off of something other then blood. So they just sat at the tables talking to other vampires. "Dawn, I need a word."

I turned around to see Arturo looking very serious, "Yes?"

"There's word that a few vampire hunters have sprouted around this area. They've heard of how powerful your clan is. Apparently they think if they take you down they take all the vampires down. This is a warning, they're coming after you."

I smiled, "Thank you. But don't worry, I know how to handle hunters." I walked back to my table and sat down.

"What was that talk about?" Grace asked.

"Oh just some hunters being around. Coming after us again." I shook my head, "We're not even the gruesome type of clan. The only vampire in our clan that actually drinks human blood is Aurelia. And it's not like she goes and attacks innocent people…"

"Most of the time," Aurelia said.

"Aurelia I swear. If you start attacking innocent people I won't think twice about kicking you out of the clan. Do you want to get us killed? Huh? Is that what you want? You can just as easily get blood from people in alleyways that try to rape or kill other people. And then there are those random ones that actually want to die. If you start killing innocent people that haven't threatened us in any way I will kill you!"

"Fine! Ok... there just humans," she spat the last word.

I hissed at her while showing her my sharp teeth to show I wasn't kidding. She immediately jumped and then looked down at her food. I crossed my arms and leaned back in my chair. My clan is like my family in some ways. We live together, do everything together. But if one of them doesn't listen to me or follow orders I don't hesitate to kick them out of the clan. And if they tick me off enough I might just kill them. More food for Victoria then.

I soon felt a presence behind me. Confirming my suspicions someone's hands lightly laid on my shoulders. I turned my head around the face Adam. "What do you want?"

"I just came to talk, is that not aloud?" he asked.

"Not if you plan on touching me," I hissed.

He quickly lifted his hands off of my shoulders, leaving a tingling feeling on them. He coughed while scratching the back of his head, "Uh, sorry." I sighed and nodded my head.

"You're being to harsh on him Dawn. Just because you apparently have no time to date doesn't mean you can't be friends." Lillith's voice echoed in my head. In some ways I have to agree with her.

"So, are you going to stand there looking like an idiot or sit down?" I asked Adam. He quickly smiled and sat down beside me.

The music in the room got louder, signalling that the dance floor was now ready. "Um, want to dance?" Adam asked while holding his hand out to me.

I stared at his hand thinking about it, "Uh, sure." I grabbed his hand as he dragged me off to the dance floor. The upbeat music filled my ears, making me more alert if that's possible. Adam and I jumped to the beat. He definitely loves making up his own moves. Throughout two songs I bet he did the sprinkler five times. He started spinning me around the dance floor, making me laugh like an idiot. "You really look great tonight Dawn."

I nodded my head at his compliment. Suddenly I stopped dancing and slightly closed my eyes. "Are you ok-"

"Shh!" I ordered him. I concentrated on the sounds I was hearing. Not the music, not the vampires talking. I drowned that all out. I could smell it, humans. I'm pretty sure some half vampires were with them too. Which means one thing, hunters. Just at the thought I retracted my fangs and claws once again. "Hunters," I whispered to Adam.

His eyes widened, "What? Where?"

"About two and a half miles from here."

"How can you tell?" he frantically asked.

"Jeez can't you smell them? I can hear them too."

"B-but how do you know they are hunters?" he whispered.

"There's half vampires with them, that usually means they're out to get us. They know where we are. We have to get out of here," I mumbled while walking up to the stage. "Ok turn off the music! Now!" The music immediately was turned off and all eyes were on me. "I'm sorry to say this, but we have to cut the gathering short this year. I need everyone to quickly and quietly leave… now!"

"Why?" a whole bunch of vampires asked.

"Hunters, they're coming here."

Gasps were heard, "But why should we trust you?"

I snapped my head to the vampire that asked the question. A new one, I could tell. I growled and teleported myself right in front of his face, making him fall over. I leaned down and grabbed him by the collar. "Don't question me," I hissed to him and threw him a couple feet. With that the vampires scattered. The ones that could teleport took their whole clan with them. Other's spread their wings and flew out the windows. Soon the only vampires left were my clan, and Adam's.

"Adam, get you and your clan out of here!"

"But what about you and your clan?" he asked.

"We're dealing with the hunters," I calmly explained.

Adam quickly walked up to me and grabbed my shoulders. "Just, take of yourself," he whispered.

I tilted my head to the side, "Why do you care so much?" Before he could answer I heard the hunters trying to open the doors. "Shit they got here fast. Go Adam!"

"But-"

"Just go!" I yelled at him. He slowly nodded and flew out one of the windows with his clan. "You guys ready for this?"

"Hell yah," Rose said. The doors opened and a rush of air came in, blowing out all the candles.

Well this should be fun…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you dark-eyes-full-of-tears from quizilla for this banner!

I know the chapters are kind of small and not that great, but they get better and longer as we go.

-Alyssa