Give Me Something Worth Living For

[03]

Image

Enemy POV

"Here, we got this picture of Dawn," my ally handed me an envelope. I opened it and saw the picture of her.

"So, what all was learnt last night at the gathering?"

"That she can control fire for one thing. We also learnt she has superior hearing and smelling abilities. The hunters were apparently two and a half miles away, amazingly she could detect it," I explained. "Did any of you find anything besides that?" A chorus of no's filled the air and I sighed, "This still isn't enough."

"How much information do we need? This is taking forever!"

"Do you want to get killed?" I snapped. "We have to be patient or else we might as well have a death wish. We need to know everything."

"And how do you suppose we are going to learn everything? I feel like I'm stalking that clan… and it feels creepy."

"Don't worry, I have a way," I smirked while looking back down at Dawn's photograph. "An excellent way…"

Dawn's POV

"I don't understand why you let those hunter's go," Aurelia said while shaking her head.

"Well she did kill that one… yah I don't get it either. Why did you only kill one of the hunters. You wouldn't even let us kill anybody… just scare the crap out of them."

"Which by the way was quite funny," Valerie added.

I shook my head, "Those hunters didn't know what they were doing. They were just sent out by the big shots to try and get the job done." I thought about the nights events…

I slammed the guy into the wall, his feet dangling in the air. "Now you listen to me and listen good," I hissed. "I believe people should have second chances, because in a harsh world not many give that out to you. So I'm giving you a second chance. You obviously don't know what kind of clan I run. We are not this monstrous evil things you think about. There is only one vampire in our clan that drinks human blood, and she gets it from people that do harm."

I felt another one of the hunters walk up behind me, but before he could do anything a shoved my elbow into his chest. Knocking the air out of him which made him topple to the ground. "Go ahead and kill a clan that deserves it, but you stay away from ours." I growled while throwing the guy on the ground. "Oh and one more thing. You tell all the hunters that if they ever try to attack us on our annual gathering, I won't hesitate to kill them."

All the hunters scurried out of the building, except the one I knocked the air out of. He was still on the ground groaning in pain. I sighed, "Come on you wimp get up." I picked him up by his shirt and stood him in front of me.

"Nice to see you again Dawn," he choked out. "You've grown up from your weak little girl-"

I immediately punched him in the jaw knocking him back to the ground. "Troy! I should kill you right now for what you did!" I screamed in his face.

He laughed, "You remember my name. Well how could you forget someone like me. I'm sure you enjoyed watching-"

I kicked him as hard as I could in the gut. "You say one more word and you're dead!"

He coughed some blood and laid on his back starring up at me, "I had a fun time that night."

I let out a blood curdling scream and jumped on him. When I was done with him, the place looked like a massacre.


"But Dawn, why did you-"

I stood up from the table, "I don't want to talk about this." Without a second glance at anyone I stalked up to my room. Shutting the door behind me I turned off the lights and sat on top of my bed. It was storming outside, the rain was pounding against my window. I could hear the shrill of the wind outside, thunder was also a strong sound. A quick flash of lightning engulfed my room. I sighed and walked to my closet grabbing a bunny hug and ripped jeans. I pulled on a pair of Vans and opened my bedroom window. I climbed onto the edge and jumped down the two story house. I landed on the ground with a splash and put up my hood.

I teleported myself to the nearest town, behind a couple of trees. I once again sighed and shoved my hands in my pockets. As I kept on walking I heard someone crying. I figured out the person was about a block away so I continued to walk towards that sound. Sure enough I saw a boy about my age (which by the way is 21) on the edge of a sidewalk with his hands in his face. His hair was dripping wet, falling over his hands that were in his face. His clothes were also soaking and his tight jeans obviously weren't very warm. Without a sound I walked up to him and sat beside down. Only then did he feel my presence and jumped when I sat down. "You know," I yelled over the rain, "even though this type of night can drain your thoughts, it isn't great to stay here all night crying your eyes out."

The boy beside me sniffled, "I hope you know you scared the crap out of me."

I lightly laughed, "I seem to do that to a lot of people."

He tilted his head at me, lost in his thoughts. Finally he said, "I'm Damon."

I nodded my head, while pulling my bunny hug closer to me.

"This is the part where you tell me your name," he hinted.

"Sorry, can't. It's a secret." I laughed at his annoyed expression, "By the way your makeup is completely running."

"Well so is yours," he added.

I laughed, "So, why exactly are you out here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Damon replied.

"Aw, but I asked first," I pointed out.

"Fair enough," he agreed. "My brother died the other night. My parent's don't seem like they care much about it. They won't tell me anything about what happened. It's just really frustrating," he explained while stiffening and starring at the ground.

"There's probably an explanation why. And if there is maybe your parents just think it's better you didn't know." I put my hand on his shoulder, "Everything will be sorted out."

Damon turned his head and stared into my eyes, "This feels so weird. I don't even know you and I just told you something so personal. But, thank you though. That did kind of help."

I nodded my head, "So just go home and sleep on it, don't stay out here. Dangerous things come out at night, trust me."

He nodded his head while standing up, offering his hand to help me. I took it and he lifted me up. "So, will I see you around?"

"I highly doubt it, but you never know."

He partially frowned but then nodded, "Well, thank you."

"No problem. Bye." I went to walk away but he caught me by my wrist.

"You never told me why you're out here."

I smiled, "It's a secret." I went to walk away but he stopped me once again.

"You have a love for secrets and I hope you know it's annoying."

I laughed, "Yah I know."

"Are you going to be ok though? Like you said, dangerous things come out at night." His worried face amused me for a few seconds, actually thinking I might have some trouble getting home.

"Don't worry your pretty little face, I'll be fine," I playfully teased him.

He smiled, "If that's what you say. But if I see girl killed last night all over the news I'll think it's my fault and then it will be your fault you made my feel like that. And it would be my fault I felt like that because I let you go but it would be your fault because-"

"Whoa! I get it!" I silenced him while laughing.

He smiled once again, "Well, bye."

"Bye Damon!" I waved while turning the street, disappearing from his sight. As soon as I was sure he couldn't see me I teleported back home into my room. I changed out of my wet clothes and into sweats and a different bunny hug. Grace quietly walked into my room, "Where were you?" she asked.

"I went for a walk, talked to some people."

"You talked to people again? Dawn why do you do that!"

"Whoa, calm down. The guy doesn't even know my name, no worries."

She smirked, "It was a guy huh? Was he cute?"

"I swear if you don't stop bugging me about guys I'll-"

"Calm down, just teasing." She laughed, "Well I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Night," I said as she walked out of my room. Then I climbed into bed and drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Devery.Chick from quizilla for the banner!

Feedback guys? I would love you forever!
-Alyssa