Give Me Something Worth Living For

[04]

Image

"Grace, Valerie, out here now!" I yelled. Soon I saw the two of them stumble outside and into the light. "Dude! You guys look like crap, what were you doing last night?" I asked them.

"I got… drunk. And now I have.. a major… hangover," Valerie explained.

"I just didn't get any sleep," said Grace.

I sighed, "Valerie, if you know what's best for you stay away from the drinks. And it's 5:30, you're both half an hour late."

"Sometimes I wish I couldn't stand sunlight like the other four," Grace mumbled.

"Fine, if you don't want to be able to use your powers at the top of your ability then don't come out here in the morning," I snapped.

"Sorry, sorry."

"Ok, both of you have the same weakness. And even though it doesn't seem that vulnerable it's just as bad as having the standard weaknesses. I could shove a dime in your eye and you could die from that. Uh… yah that was a weird example but still."

"So what do we do about it?"

"You have to make your body more used to things made out of silver, but until you wont die from silver you have to be able to doge any attacks from it."

"I can dodge atta- OW!" Valerie yelled while I hit her in the head.

"Yah, you can dodge attacks perfectly," I sarcastically told her.

"Well you didn't have to hit me in the head. Hangover you know!" she snapped.

I sighed, "Ok Val go sit under that tree and take a nap or something. You're not in good enough condition to train right now if you can't handle that. Grace I'll work with you first."

They both nodded and followed as instructed. After about an hour and a half both Grace and Valerie were done training. I climbed up into the tree Valerie was sitting under and sat on one of the branches. I closed my eyes and listened to all the sounds around me. Just calming myself, but soon I groaned. "Why is Adam coming here?" I asked no one. I then opened my eyes to see Adam in a car down the road. "Maybe if I just stay in the tree he won't see me, yah that's I good plan."

Soon Adam pulled up into our driveway and got out of his car. He walked up to our doorstep and knocked on the door. I saw Grace answer and point over to the tree I was sitting in. Adam turned around and waved once he spotted me. "Damn, I guess not." I jumped out of the tree to be greeted by Adam.

"Hi Dawn! How are you?"

I raised my eyebrows, "Fine I guess. What are you doing here so early?"

He then raised his eyebrows at me, "Do you even know what time it is."

"Err.. no. Something like 7:30?"

"Whoa you're off! It's exactly 1:12 right now," he told me.

"Oh, guess I was in the tree for a long time."

"What did you do in that tree for so long?" he asked while side stepping to take another look at the tree.

"Relaxed," I plainly answered. He nodded his head. "No offence, buy why are you here?" I asked.

Adam laughed, "Just thought I would drop by. I wanted to make sure you were ok, from the hunters and all. I couldn't come here yesterday because I was meeting with some people."

I nodded my head, "While I'm fine. Seriously you shouldn't have worried, those hunters had no idea what they were doing. Unlike me," I explained.

Adam nodded his head and kicked a rock by his shoe. Then he looked up at me with a confused expression on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh nothing, just thinking."

"About?"

"Nothing," he confirmed. But then I heard him whisper, "Besides how you confuse me."

"How do I confuse you?"

"Gahh, I forgot about your super hearing. You just confuse me, your personality I mean. You can switch from drill sergeant to the sweetest person ever. And then you can switch from, I hate you get out of my face to we're best friends," he explained.

I laughed, "You'll get used to it."

He nodded while smiling, "Want to go for a walk?"

"And leave here? No way."

"Why? Have to watch your clan, make sure no one gets hurt," he teased.

"Yes actually," I lightly shoved his shoulder. "Something could happen."

"You're paranoid you know that?" he asked me.

"I'm not paranoid, I just have my reasons."

"And those are?"

"Like I'd tell you," I scoffed.

"Ouch, you hurt me right here," he said while putting his hand to his heart with fake hurt.

"Aw, I'm sorry," I once again sarcastically said.

He leaned up to my ear like the other night. His lip ring grazed my ear as he talked, "You could make it feel better."

I turned my head so I was looking right at him, our faces a mere inch away from each other. But soon I turned away and jumped back up in the tree. I heard Adam slightly groan, obviously not for me to hear. But then he smiled and jumped up in the tree beside me. "Well if your not leaving here, then I guess I just have to stay."

"You're very persistent," I pointed out.

"Hell yah," he agreed. "So, tell me about yourself."

I laughed, "Do you really think you're going to get anything about me?"

"What's with you and being so secretive?" he asked.

"Simply, enemies. That and I don't need people spreading rumours about stuff," I explained.

"Can't you trust me?"

"No." I looked back over at Adam to see him looking offended, "I-I didn't mean for it to sound bad. I just don't trust easily."

He nodded while looking away from me, "It's fine."

We were silent for a few moments before I spoke, "Do ever talk to humans? Like just go out for a walk in town and start talking to someone." Adam looked at me like I grew three heads. "What? It was just a question…"

"Well, no I don't. Do you?" he asked me.

"Do you think it's a bad thing for vampires to do?"

"You do realize you didn't answer my question. But no I don't, I just never thought I about doing that. Not much of a point really. And I don't want to get stuck in a situation where a vampire and a human fall in love. Too much drama to deal with, for the human's at least. I guess that does happen a lot…" he trailed off.

I nodded my head, "Well I do just randomly go to town and talk to people."

"Oh, your not in that situation I just talked about are you?" he quickly asked.

I laughed at his urgency, "No." But it's not like I cant see myself getting caught in that, like Damon for instance…What am I talking about? I couldn't get caught in that situation because mainly I don't plan on dating anybody, never mind falling in love with someone.

"Dawn."

I looked at Adam, "Yah?"

He grabbed my hand and held it in his, "It is ok to leave your clan once in awhile. You do have one of the most powerful clans around. I'm sure they can take care of themselves. Like me right now. I'm not with my clan and I'm not worrying at all, because they will be fine. Just like yours."

I sighed, "Yah I know there's just some… stuff, that bugs me."

Adam nodded and laced his fingers with mine while laying his head on my shoulder. "If you want to talk about it I'm here."

"I know," I whispered. But I still don't trust you…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you dark-eyes-full-of-tears from quizilla for the banner!

-Alyssa