Give Me Something Worth Living For

[06]

Image

"So, where do I sleep?" Damon asked.

"Aw crap, I forgot we don't have extra rooms. And I seriously wouldn't like you sleeping on the couch. I don't mean to scare you but our enemies bust through the windows or the front door all the time," I explained.

"Oh, don't I just feel safe."

"You actually should," Victoria said. "We are one of the most powerful clans, this is probably the place you should feel the safest. But then take in account that people want to be the best so they constantly try to kill us. And then there are the hunters…."

Damon's eyes were wide, "I, uh… I'm not going to die am I?"

"Yes, everyone dies sooner or later," I answered.

He fake glared at me, "That's not what I meant."

I laughed, "No your not going to die from vampires or hunters. But the only place I really think it's really safe for you is in my room." I felt Rose nudge me with her shoulder and I nudged her back, but harder. As in, stop bugging me before I punch your face out. "We can move the couch in there," I said.

Damon nodded his head, "Sounds good to me, but one more problem."

"What?"

"I have no other clothes besides the ones I'm wearing right now," he pointed out.

"Oh…."

"We could go shopping!" Valerie yelled.

"Or! We could go back to your house and get your stuff." Damon looked at me the same way Adam did the other day, like I had three heads. "People have to stop looking at me like that!" I groaned.

Damon smiled, "Do you really think going to my house is a good idea? My parents might be there."

I nodded, "That doesn't matter, I think I've met your parents before."

"How?" he asked. I went to answer but he stopped me, "Yah, yah I know. Secret."

I once again smiled while nodding at his answer. "We can get your stuff tomorrow after lunch, I really don't feel like going right now. I'm sure somebody has some stuff you can sleep in. But until then what does everyone want to do?"

"I actually want to go to sleep, since you made me get up so early today!" Grace accused me. Valerie agreed with her and they both went to their rooms.

"Well I'm sure there is no use in calling Aurelia, she defiantly won't want to."

"We're going to feed," Lillith said. Meaning we as her and Victoria. "Bye!" they both yelled while walking out of the house.

"Well what about you Rose?" I asked.

"I'm just going to go to my room and do something. Like draw or think of ways to attack you while you're sleeping."

"Thanks, you really make me feel loved."

"Well I'll see you tomorrow. Night."

"Night Rose."

As she walked by she whispered to me, "Now you can be alone with cute Damon."

"Rose!"

"Night Dawn!" she yelled while running up to her room.

I shook my head and then diverted my attention to Damon. "So what do you want to do?"

"Sit here and take in everything," he sighed while flopping down on the couch.

I sat down beside him, "You really don't care that you don't have to go home do you?"

He scoffed, "No way. There was nothing at home for me."

"And there's something here for you?"

"Yah, you." I think I looked at him like he had three head because he quickly said, "I mean as a friend. That one night I talked to you, even though I was pretty stressed out it was the best day ever. Because I had someone to talk to. I don't even know you that well, but you really are a good friend to me."

I nodded my head and then we sat in silence. I finally couldn't take so I said, "What's your favourite colour."

Damon laughed, "You're that bored that you're asking me small questions like that?"

I nodded, "Now answer the question."

"Hmm, lime green. You?"

"Purple." For an hour we continued asking and answering questions like that. It did actually help me get to know Damon a little better. It seems like he could be a great friend. After awhile we started getting into deeper questions. Like hopes, dreams, fears. Half of the questions I answered I just said secret. But I did tell him some stuff most people don't know. But him, he told me a lot of things. He said he was probably doing that because he's never really had anybody to talk to about this kind of stuff. And for me, I just trust him.

I sat back and finally took him in. I never really thought about how he looked, but now it's like he was so happy he was glimmering in the dim light. His blond hair hung in his face and was straight in the front. In the back it was spiky in all directions and was also a mix of purple, hot pink, and blue. His large brown eyes just glowed innocence, not knowing what was coming next. His thin lips were accompanied by snake bites, that were almost annoyingly shiny in the light. His perfect smile could probably make girls knees weak. I honestly don't see how he didn't have a girlfriend, let alone any friends for that matter. Maybe people just didn't take time to get to know Damon.

In some ways Damon is like Adam. They both wore makeup, had a lip ring (but Damon has two Adam has one), have chipped black nail polish, and I could tell they both have the same type of style. They're both caring and want to know things. But Damon settles with me saying it's a secret, as Adam tries to drill it out of me. Serious and goofy at the same time. But Adam is bold, isn't afraid to do things. Damon seems to stay quiet and out of sight from others. Adam is a leader. Damon doesn't lead nor follow, he has his own way of doing things. These two guys I know are so different but so alike at the same time it's scary.

I was brought out of my thoughts to hear Damon humming something I recognized. Soon he stopped humming and started singing the words quietly instead. "When a smile is a close call and my words caught in my throat. I'm an inch away from dying and I'm lucky if I choke. When a smile is a close call and my words caught in my throat. I'm an inch away from dying and I'm lucky if I choke" He abruptly stopped singing and scratched his neck. "Uh, sorry I must sound terribly."

"No," I disagreed. "You sound great. What were you singing? I think I know that song."

He coughed, "Uh, it's called Biting Bullets."

"By Jamisonparker?"

"Yah, how did you know that?" he asked amazed.

"Just because I'm a vampire doesn't mean I don't listen to music sometimes," I pointed out while laughing.

He blushed, either still embarrassed from singing or embarrassed because he didn't realize I knew good music.

I smiled and carried on where Damon left off, "So here I am, a love worn masochist. With hearts carved straight across my chest, letting the carpet soak up all that's left to give."

As I started to sing the chorus he joined with me while starring straight into my eyes once again, "Will you swear you won't be sleeping? 'Cause I can't begin to dream to shut my eyes. And I'm biting bullets and watching phones for no apparent reason. And I don't think that I'll make it out alive."

The front door opened making us to immediately stop singing. Lillith and Victoria walked in, "You guys are still awake?"

"I'm actually pretty tired," Damon mumbled while yawning.

"I guess that means he's going to sleep right now, I'm going to stay up for awhile though," I explained in which Lillith and Victoria nodded. "Damon I'll show you where you're sleeping. Can you help me carry this couch upstairs?" He nodded his head and we both got off the couch grabbing opposite ends. We then picked it up and slowly, but easily carried it up the stairs and into my room. Setting it down against one of the walls I grabbed some extra pillows and blankets. "So this is my room, in which you are now sleeping. And you need something to sleep in," I realized. "Um, I must have something," I mumbled while going through my closet. I grabbed a band t-shirt I had that was too big for me and some black sweats. "Will these work?"

He nodded, "Yah that's fine."

I handed him the clothes. "Well I'll be downstairs for awhile, Night."

"Goodnight Dawn," he said while I walked out of the room and shutting the door.

Rose peeked her head out of her door. "You guys were up long enough. What were you doing exactly?" she asked while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh get off it. We were just talking, and what happened to you bugging me about Adam huh?"

"Oh don't worry I still will," she smirked. "But before I go back in my room I must know, which one do you think is hotter?"

"Oh shut up," I laughed while walking back down the stairs.

"No seriously I want to know!" she yelled.

"You decide!" I yelled back at her once I jumped off the final step.

"So what did you two do so long?" Victoria asked me the same way Rose did.

"Just talked!" I groaned while sitting at the table. "I hardly know him quit getting ideas."

"Oh so you think Adam is better?"

"What the heck!" I yelled. "You know what I'm going for a walk. You people bug me." I walked out the front door and sat on the front step, with thoughts running through my mind as I just sat there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you FALLOUTGURLS from quizilla for the banner!

Seriously guys, I would love some feedback on this. Just a small comment. I think I have one subscriber right now, which really surprised me, but thank you so much!!!

I used to be love struck now I'm just fucked up.
-Alyssa