Give Me Something Worth Living For

[07]

Image

"How much sleep did you get last night?" I asked a groggy Damon.

"None. I tossed and turned all night. Then I fell asleep for about five minutes to have horrible nightmares of getting killed by vampires," he mumbled. "Did you even sleep last night?" he asked. "You didn't even come in the room."

I shook my head, "No I didn't go to sleep, I stayed outside most of the night. And dealt with some business." I didn't exactly want to say I had to kill some "monsters" that tried to attack the house last night. Who probably smelt human blood.

Damon nodded, obviously not wanting to know the details. "So when do we leave to get my stuff?"

"As soon as your ready."

He once again nodded and walked back up the stairs. A few minutes later he was dressed and ready. "Hope you don't mind I used your eyeliner since I don't have mine."

"No it's fine." I got up and grabbed the keys to my truck while walking out the door with Damon following me. I got in the old truck and slammed the door behind me. Damon followed my actions.

"No offence, but your truck is a piece of crap," he stated.

"You might think that from the rusted paint, broken windshields, and all the dents. But this truck is awesome, I've had it for a long time."

"What could be a good thing about this truck?"

"Four wheel drive baby," I stated in a sing song way. "And a good stereo. And it drives great, I tweaked the engine a little. And-"

"I get it, the car is great!" he agreed, just to shut me up.

I put the keys in the ignition and started it up. "Once we get into town we can turn on the radio, until then I think it would be better to have it off. So I can pay attention to… things. You know?"

Damon nodded and laid back in his seat. Starring out the side window with his head against the glass. Within one hour, which would have been much longer if I wasn't speeding, we were in front of his house. I took the key out of the ignition and jumped out of the truck. Damon slowly got out of the truck and stood against it.

"Do I have to drag you or are you going to walk up to the front steps?" I asked.

He blinked a few times while gulping, "W-walk."

I nodded and went up to the front step knocking on the door, with Damon behind me. Damon's mother quickly opened the door and once she saw me she was looking very shocked. "Dawn? What are you- oh my Damon!" she exclaimed, which in turn received her a glare from him. "Here come in." She ushered us in and sat us down at the table where Damon's father was already sitting.

"Damon!" he also exclaimed. "What's going on? Dawn why are you here, with Damon?"

"Why didn't you tell me about Troy!" Damon angrily asked.

"Well you ran off-"

"Before then! Why didn't he tell me?!? And neither of you even cared he was gone!"

"We did care, but the things he did. He wasn't a good person Damon."

"I know, Dawn told me," Damon spat. His parents glanced at me and I weakly smiled. See, his parents knew what Troy did to me. They were once hunters too, but when they realized that the hunters around here just wanted to kill every vampire in sight they got out of it. Troy stayed. "Please forgive us for not telling you. We didn't want you to get mixed up in the whole hunting vampires situation."

He sighed, "Fine. Whatever. But I'm not staying here."

"He can't stay here," I added.

"What do you mean?" his mother asked.

"Look I don't want to stay here. Nothing is here for me to want to stay. And Dawn said I had to stay with her because I know where her clan lives and all that. Truthfully I want to stay there," Damon explained.

"But Damon-"

"No, that's what I'm doing. I'm getting my stuff and going."

Both his parents looked at each other, then me, and then the ground. "If that's what you want."

"Thank you," Damon whispered. He got up from the table and I followed him downstairs to what I guessed was his room. He scratched the back of his neck, "Ok I'll pack all of my clothes and can you pack anything else you think I might need or want?"

"Sure," I agreed. I went around his room grabbing things like CD's, posters, and some books he's written songs in. "Do you want your skateboard?" I asked.

He looked up from the bag he was packing, "If I can, yah."

I grabbed anything else I could think he would somewhat want and packed it in a few bags he had. I sat down on his bed and watched him throw more clothes in some bags. I laid down and put my hands behind my neck. Damon turned around and smiled, "Want to help?"

I nodded while getting off the bed and sat beside him on the floor. "Oh, I'm wearing this." I stated as I put on one of his zip up bunny hugs. It was grey and on the side it had a red bleeding heart with barbed wire wrapped around it.

"Looks good on you," he complimented while smiling. "Well I think this is all I need, let's get going then." We both got up and grabbed the bags. As we travelled up the stairs we were greeted with Damon's parents once again.

"You say goodbye to them, I'll take the bags."

"But-"

"Just do it Damon." He sighed while I grabbed all of the bags and walked outside. I threw them into the back of the truck then got into the front. I started the truck up and watched Damon hug his parents and say goodbye. His mom was tearing up, his dad looked pretty emotional too. Damon gave them both one last hug goodbye and walked up to the truck with his head down. He got in and slammed the door shut, sighing as he laid his head on the glass of the window.

"You going to be ok?" I asked.

He momentarily looked up to give a slight nod and put his head back to the position it was before. Throughout the drive home I watched him at the corner of my eye. His face was a mix of anger, confusion, and stress. At times he would bite his lip, in deep thought. I swear he even hit his head on the glass a couple of times. After awhile I realized he fell asleep. I couldn't help but notice how he would squirm in his seat, but then relax. Like he was battling something out in his mind. We finally reached home and I turned off the truck. I once again looked over at Damon, his hair now completely fallen in his face. I leaned over and brushed it away, smiling as I did so.

In my head I was contemplating if I should wake him up or not. It's not like it would be hard to carry him upstairs or anything. He also didn't get any good sleep last night. So I got out of the truck and went over to Damon's side. I gently picked him up and out of the truck, quietly shutting the door behind me. As Damon snuggled into my body I laughed. Walking up to the front door, I opened it and effortlessly carried Damon upstairs.

"Dawn-"

"Shh, he's sleeping Rose." I quietly said.

She nodded and commented, "Looks cute." I walked into my room and heard her say, "With you I mean." I groaned then laid Damon on the bed, pulling the blankets overtop of him. He shuffled a little bit, but then went back into his calm sleep. I got his bags and put some of his stuff throughout the room. Quietly, I unloaded his clothes into a closet we now share. After I was done I laid down on the couch, soon falling asleep to the sound of Damon breathing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you FALLOUTGURLS from quizilla for the banner!

So throw it all away.
-Alyssa