‹ Prequel: My W Unit
Status: NaNoWriMo story, be patient for updates I'm wicked busy this month

Helping Terra

Wake, Vomit, Repeat

I feel I should thank you. I don’t remember much of last night, but I have a feeling you helped me.” Tearnyn lowered her eyes and bowed her head.
“You were drugged.” She snapped her eyes up to the man who sat to the left of the Alpha. Although he spoke with some hesitation and pronounced words differently than she was use to, she could understand him. She found it curious and interesting that he spoke as though he did not use words often. “Two suns ago.” Tearnyn’s eyes widened. “The men attacking will do no more or not on our land.” He barred his teeth at the thought of those men defiling his pack’s territory.
“You are the Silver Back Pack?” She inquired at the Alpha, returning her eyes to him.
“Yes. He is Alpha Silver Back. His mate Alpha Swift Foot to right, female to her right Lock Jaw, male to my left Beta Rough Fur, and I caretaker Sin.” The werewolf Sin introduced.
Tearnyn bowed her head in greeting as she introduced herself, “I am Scout Tearnyn Aldwin.”
“Scent, not from here?” Sin asked. “Different.”
“I’m from.” She paused as her face paled and her nausea returned. “Space. Excuse me.” She shot up and ran to a nearby bush to puke. Her stomach hurt and she started to dry heave from having nothing left in it. She fell into Sin who wrapped his arms around her when her legs gave out. Sin carried her as she went almost completely limp in his arms.
“Still drugs in you.” He placed her on the mat she had been sleeping on and sniffed her. “Wolf’s bane.”
“Fucken wolf’s bane.” She slurred. Her breathing became labored and she was once again growing tired. Tearnyn passed out again only to be woken up what felt like a moment later.
“Drink, slowly.” Sin tipped a water skin to her mouth and she tried to swallow, finding the action too much effort. She managed to drink about a cup full before falling back asleep. She never dreamed, but she moved restlessly. She teetered between being too hot and too cold and never fully woke up. The wolf pack managed to keep her a little hydrated as she floated in and out of consciousness but they were beginning to worry when her health did not seem to improve. Alpha Silver Back was on the verge of sending one of his subordinates out for help when the pack was attacked.
A medium size pack of nomadic werewolves entered the territory and attacked. While the Alphas, Beta, Scouts, and Hunters fought to protect the territory, Sin stayed behind to watch after the pups. Tearnyn was safely hidden in another area. It should have been easy to watch over three pups, but he found it difficult when four wolves came after them. He managed to keep them away for a while, but when he had his back turned to fight off three of the wolves, one slipped by and snatched one of the pups. Sin howled his frustration but did not pursue because he still had two others to watch after.
The nomadic werewolf carried the whimpering and snarling pup through the forest towards the rendezvous spot. Tearnyn groggily woke to the pup’s cry for help and witnessed the pair creep by her. After the woman had passed, Tearnyn weakly stood up and followed after her. She began stripping quietly afraid she would give away her plan. Once every article of clothing was shedded, Tearnyn painfully shifted into her wolf form. Normally the shift was smooth almost second nature, but she was weak and the process too slow. She felt every muscle and bone change to the conformation of a wolf.
After taking a moment to gasp for breath, she began her journey again. Tearnyn managed to catch up and studied her opponent. The woman was small but muscular. She stood firmly in place as she sneered at the pup giving her so much trouble. Tearnyn snapped into action when the woman cocked her arm back to throw the pup for being such a nuisance. She darted at the woman’s heels, latching her sharp teeth onto the Achilles’ tendon and pulling back. The woman screamed and tried to kick Tearnyn to get her off, but ended up falling over. As the woman fell, Tearnyn ran over to the fallen pup and picked it up by the scruff of its neck. Not looking back, she ran back towards the den for safety.
However, she was too weak and she could hear the pounding of paws behind her. Making a quick decision, she hid the pup near a tree and faced off against the she wolf. The wolf flew at her and bowled Tearnyn over. The fight became a chorus of snarls, tears, and yelps as they tore into each other. In the end, Tearnyn ended up shifting back to her human form and managed to get the wolf’s throat in the crook of her arm. The wolf fought until finally she passed out from oxygen loss.
Tearnyn let the wolf drop and stumbled over to the pup that waited patiently for her. The pup yipped when it saw her and ran into her open arms. After petting it a few times, she nudged it in the direction of the den. When they were close enough, the pup ran ahead to the safety of Sin while Tearnyn fought against the darkness that was slowly eating away her vision. She ended up collapsing against a tree still hearing everything but seeing nothing.
“Tearnyn.” Sin was next to her, trying to help her stand.
“Is the fight over?” She breathed out, leaning on him.
“Almost. Alphas and Hunters Sprinter and Leaf Blend chasing.”
“Wolf, few minutes from here. One who took the pup.”
Sin growled and replied, “Get her later.” Tearnyn hummed but replied with nothing else. “Be back, get salve for you.” She did not reply as he left her on her mat guarded by the remaining pack members. When Sin returned, the Alphas and Hunters were back. The Alphas looked at the young woman concerned and silently communed about what to do. As they decided, Sin applied salves to Tearnyn’s wounds and wrapped them. He looked up when Hunter Sneak darted out of the clearing. A few other wolves left to deal with the she wolf still unconscious in the forest.
A while later after all of Tearnyn’s wounds were tended to, an older man walked into the clearing with Scout Sneak. He wore a long tan deer skin robe, his teeth were slightly pointed like Sin’s, his hair was long peppery grey, and his eyes held more knowledge than anyone should possibly know. He walked calmly to Sin’s side and knelt down. When he spoke, his voice was soft yet held authority.
“She is gravely ill. These wounds are not helping.” The man placed the back of his hand on Tearnyn’s feverish forehead. “What happened to her?”
“Attacked.” Sin answered.
“Full sentences like I have taught you and I mean before today.” The man smiled at Sin before returning to his evaluation.
Sin took a minute before slowly explaining, “Tearnyn, was attacked b-by… f-f-four men. Men drugged her. Attacked her. P-The pack s-stopped them… Trying to help her but… not b-getting better.” Sin hated speaking, it felt unnatural.
“Thank you Caretaker Sin. You have done well, but her body is having a tough time combating the amount of wolf’s bane in her system.” He bent down and sniffed her. He frowned and looked at Sin. “She does not smell like nature. Everyone does even if they live in the cities.”
“Space. She f-is from space.”
“I have not seen one of them in a long time. We need to bring her to the clinic in the village. They will be able to help her more than we can.”
Sin shifted uncomfortably next to him. “We cannot go there. Alpha Roik’s territory.”
“Normally, that is true however, she is staying in their territory and we must return her. Besides, you are with me and I am able to walk in both territories. Alpha Silver Back and Swift Strike, may I borrow Caretaker Sin to take Miss Tearnyn to the village for medical attention?” The man addressed the Alphas. The Alphas looked at each other and agreed to the request. “Thank you.” He bowed his head and then brought his attention back to Tearnyn.
“You smell like earth.” Tearnyn slurred, eyes crack open a little. “And rain.”
“Hello young one.” He stroked her hair. “I am Elrry, I am a friend of the Silver Back and Alpha Roik’s packs.”
“Hi Elder Elrry. I don’t feel,” She turned on her side and vomited. The Elder gently rubbed Tearnyn’s back until she was finished.
“Sin and I are going to bring you to Green Willow Village to get treated. Please be patient.”
“Thank you.” She weakly smiled at the old man.
“You have beautiful eyes, young one.”
“Thanks and I am Scout Tearnyn Aldwin.” She shivered and whimpered.
“Nice to meet you. Shall we?” He placed a hand on Sin’s shoulder. The young man went to move, but stopped when the two Alphas moved towards Tearnyn.
“Thanks for caring for me.” She smiled gratefully to the Alphas as she barred her neck as much as she could. The Alphas rumbled back and surprised everyone by licking her up her neck and across her cheek.
“Feel special young one, you have allies among this pack. It is rare, take care of it.” Elrry placed a hand on Tearnyn’s head. All she could do was smile, too weak to do much else. “I will see you soon.” He stood and waited for Sin to pick Tearnyn up. Elrry’s helped wrap Tearnyn in a bear cub blanket and they headed towards the village. The closer the trio approached the village, the more tense Sin got. Elrry placed a hand on Sin’s shoulder, reassuring him everything would be fine. Sin hesitated for half a second before stepping on to another pack’s territory.
Sin kept his head down while they walked through the streets and to the clinic. The Roik pack wolves parted and kept their distance when Elrry, Sin, and Tearnyn passed by. The nurse tending the desk took one look at the trio and ushered them to the ER. Even in her delirious state, Tearnyn recognized the scents of her attackers. She started growling menacingly as the small group passed four beds of patients brutally attacked.
“Is she okay?” The nurse asked startled by the woman’s reaction.
“Those men apparently attacked her.” Elrry replied. “A few nights ago, she was drugged with something that had wolf’s bane in it. The Silver Back Pack helped her and have been caring for her but she is not becoming better.”
“Ah, thank you. Do you know the symptoms she was experiencing before she passed out?” The nurse asked.
Elrryn looked at Sin who reluctantly replied as he placed Tearnyn on an unoccupied bed. “We arrived… she… when they,” Sin paused trying to think through the sentence he wished to communicate. “When they… hit her to ground. She scratched… one, he an-got angry. He on her, going to… um.” He could not think of the word he needed and replied, “Sex her. She too… much drugs and not moving. We stop them and protected her. Woke and slept for two suns. Vomited and slept, woke and met pack. Sick again and had some water. Not much. Has not drank or eat much, too sick.” The nurse nodded and started an IV drip to rehydrate the poor woman.
“Where did she get the wounds?” She asked.
“Tearnyn save Soft Whimper from she wolf. Fought and wo-was hurt.”
“Thank you. I will be right back with a doctor.” She nodded with a closed mouth smile and walked away.
“You did very well, pup.” Elrry placed a hand on Sin’s head. Sin gave a small smile back as his thumb stroked Tearnyn’s hand. “Oh dear.” The Elder sighed as he walked over to a nearby trash can as Tearnyn groaned and turned to her side. The older man managed to place the trash right by the bed in time for Tearnyn to once again vomit. Sin carefully kept her from falling off as she puked up more bile and started to dry heave. By the time the doctor and nurse returned, Tearnyn had gone unconscious again.
The doctor did a quick physical and ordered more fluid and medicines to counteract the wolf’s bane in her system. “You got her to us in time. If you had waited any longer, she may not have made it. Do you mind telling me what happened to her?”
“Did your nurse not inform you?” Elrry asked curiously for he rarely went to doctors.
“She did, but I would like to hear it.” The doctor smiled.
Sin looked at the Elder, not wanting to try and explain everything again. Luckily, Elrry explained, “Scout Tearnyn Aldwin was attacked by four men. They drugged her with something laced with wolf’s bane and the Silver Back Pack came to her rescue. They have been caring for her but she has not been getting any better. They managed to give her some water, but nothing else. The claw marks are from today when a nomadic pack attacked them. Scout Tearnyn, saved one of the members but in the process was hurt. We brought her here as soon as we could.”
“Thank you.” The doctor wrote down everything Elrry said and told the nurses to check the wraps. Sin and Elrry stayed with Tearnyn for a few hours until Sin became restless. He wanted to make sure she would be alright, but the clinic and being around other wolves unnerved him.
“Sin, why do you not go back to Alphas Silver Back and Swift Strike? I will inform the pack how she is when I have news.” Sin nodded. He touched Tearnyn’s hand one last time and quickly left; almost running when he existed the building. He was on the outskirts of the village when he sensed and heard the village Alpha.
♠ ♠ ♠
I saw Macklemore last night, it was freaking awesome. Enjoy!