‹ Prequel: My W Unit
Status: NaNoWriMo story, be patient for updates I'm wicked busy this month

Helping Terra

She is Your Savior

"I would love to, but-“ Lowell began but Tearnyn cut him off.
“We either open it now or I will smash the glass. Your choice.” Her eyes sparked amber. Startled by her reaction to the book, Lowell fumbled with his keys and opened the case. Tearnyn carefully picked the book up and ran her fingers over the image etched into the hard soft cover. She flipped open the cover and read the first page only to snap it shut and start running. “Yurik, where are you?” She asked into her ear piece.
“American history section, why? What’s wrong?” Yurik turned to see Tearnyn skid into the stack he was in. “Tearnyn you look like a bat out of hell, what is wrong?”
She held up the book and breathed out heavily, “This is Genevieve’s Journal.”
Yurik’s eyes widened. “You’re sure?”
Tearnyn nodded, “Follow me.”
“Tearnyn?” Lowell asked as he followed the two Scouts. Neither stopped as they went to Yurik usual table and waited impatiently.
“Did you call, Morgana?” Yurik asked apprehensively.
“Yes, she should be here soon. Speak of the wolf herself.” Tearnyn paused her pacing as Morgana ran to them.
“What’s wrong? Any of you hurt?” Morgana asked with fear in her eyes.
“We’re fine, but I think I found the Golden Grail of our research.” Tearnyn held the journal up for Morgana.
The older Scout frowned, “Tear, that look an awfully lot like-“
“The Tunglþræll Crest? I know.” She opened the journal and showed it to her pack mates. “Even says it’s her journal.”
“Um Tear, we can’t read that. It’s a dialect I’ve never seen before.” Yurik looked at it dumbfounded.
Tearnyn rolled her eyes, “It’s in code.”
“And you can read it?”
“Yeah, my mum taught us. Uncle Jay taught my mum so they could write to each other without anyone reading it. They saved books my grandparents were going to throw away.” She gave a dark chuckled, “Probably ashamed of my grandmother’s ancestors. But it’s been a while since I wrote or read it. Not since Lucien and I passed notes to each other in school.”
“Isn’t your brother older than you?”
“Yeah well he failed a few classes and ended up retaking them with me. Stupid boy. Anyway, Yurik do you have your tablet on you?”
“Yeah, here.”
“Thanks, let’s find out about Terra and Alpha Genevieve.” Tearnyn did not sit as she bent over the table and started translating the diary.
Half an hour into the translation, the head library walked over to the group and with a tapping foot asked, “Theta Lowell, what are you doing standing there? Do you not have something more important to do?”
Lowell scratched his head as he replied, “I am watching over the journal this young woman is reading.”
“Why?” The woman snapped.
“It is one of the older books and I want to make sure it does not get damaged.”
The woman narrowed her eyes as she tightly asked, “What book is that?”
“The oldest book we have.” He replied bright. The woman almost passed out at the statement.
“What!?” She shrieked.
“Quiet please, I need to concentrate.” Tearnyn said not looking up from the journal. She paused and closed her eyes as she tried to translate a word. The woman in the journal used words and phrases Tearnyn was not used to. She tried her best to write everything in her modern language but found some words did not always translate properly.
“Relax Librarian Matron, she is being very careful with it.” Lowell tried to calm the older wolf down.
“Relax! Lowell, that book is very valuable and I do not mean in the currency sort of way. It is one the oldest books in the Northern Hemisphere. You do not give some she-wolf one of the most precious books we have. I am aware this is mating season, but you cannot-“
“It has nothing to do with mating season. When she saw it, she looked like she was going to tear my throat out if I did not unlock it. And she is being very careful with it. Actually she is doing a great service for us.”
“How so?” She asked in disbelief.
“She is translating Alpha Genevieve Tunglþræll’s journal for us. It seems very important for her to do so, so I left her to it.”
“What?” As the two librarians conversed Tearnyn continued to painstakingly go through the journal. It started from when the Alpha began her term as the pack leader. It was glorious in the beginning; the woman had so much hope for her pack and the others around the world. But it was getting darker as more of her kin were being hunted down. Tearnyn began to cry a little when the Alpha’s pack tried to help and failed to save some of the surrounding packs. Genevieve was torn apart at the decimation of her kind.
Tearnyn was allowed to stay through the night to finish the translation. She slowed her writing down so she could absorb what her ancestor was saying.

I am ashamed of what I have done. Although I would make the same decision again to save my pack, my family I feel like I have abandoned my kin. I should have been able to stop this horrendous massacre but alas I could not. I watch in disgust with myself and humans as they kill innocent men, woman, and children because they are werewolves. Why would I ever soil myself and my family to the life of a disgusting human? Werewolves are the reason they are alive and yet they repay them with death. How atrocious! It sickens me to be human… but it was necessary. I will do my best as a human to protect those werewolves who seek a place to hide and a friend to talk to. I need to find a way to stop this monstrosity.

I have hidden a great many packs and I am still sick with myself. My daughter thinks I should be more lenient with myself but I cannot. We the Tunglþræll bloodline are the reason so many are being killed and we should make it right. I am still searching for ways to protect those who are suffering so much. May any god and/or goddesses that exist help me and protect them.

I met with some friends of mine both human and werewolves. We have many ideas and yet they would never work. Many speak of a rebellion but I fear that the wolves would once again get massacred and then a worldwide purge would occur where the humans would not stop until every single wolf was killed.
We have come up with an idea. I believe it will work if we are patient. It will spread like a wildfire if we plan this out carefully, please let this community that is so broken have faith in us.

We began today to plant the idea that the sun is showing signs of collapsing in on itself. Just comments for now, but soon it will spread until the world thinks the sun is going to suck in the galaxy and destroy everything. Werewolves will know that it is a lie, but all humans will believe the sun is going to become a black hole.

Many werewolves are apprehensive and antsy for the news to spread faster. They want Earth to be theirs and for humans to just leave. We are trying our best to keep them patient but if they keep this up, the humans will know it is all a lie. I hope my descendants know that I have tried everything to protect my kind and family. I hope all that I am doing is not in vain…


Morgana, Yurik, Meg, Lowell, and the librarian stayed with her as she finished. In the early morning of the second day, she finished. She placed the final period on the page and looked up at her friends with wide pupils and an open mouth.
“I know why we know nothing about Terra.” Her voice was rough from hours of disuse. Her pack mates stood up so fast the chairs they had been lightly slumbering in crashed to the floor. Tearnyn let the journal fall shut as she started pacing. “It all makes sense. She planted it in their heads. It must have taken a while for it to catch on and to get enough people to sign on, but she fucking managed to get most of the populous to believe.” Lowell, Meg, and the librarian watched in confusion as the three Scouts circled each other while Tearnyn explained.
“What do you mean? Who managed what?” Morgana asked.
Tearnyn looked up into her friends’ eyes, “Genevieve! She felt terrible for abandoning the other werewolves. She blamed herself for not being able to save the ones that died. After she reversed the lycanthropy in her family which wasn’t in the journal strangely enough, she found a way to plant the idea that the sun the collapsing in on itself. She got all her friends in the science community to start spreading it through the human populous. I think she died before she saw it come to fruit because her last entry was hoping the werewolves at the time didn’t slip up, but she helped this.” She twirled around with her arms out. “She, her family, and friends rallied together to make Terra a werewolf planet so they could live in peace. Our government thinks the Milky Way Galaxy is being torn apart by a black hole that doesn’t exist because werewolves found a peaceful way to kick humans off their land. This is solar brilliant.”
“So you are telling me, not only is your ancestral Alpha from a badass werewolf family and somehow managed to do the impossible by curing lycanthropy but also managed to convince a whole planet of humans that the sun was turning into a black whole thus causing them to flee? That a minority cause the majority to leave so they could live in peace?” Morgana asked in disbelief.
“Holy shit, this is the greatest discovery ever!” Yurik exclaimed. “Our government was built on a fucking lie!” He picked Tearnyn up and spun her around.
“Maybe that’s why it was so fucked up but I know!” Tearnyn laughed.
“You do realize this doesn’t actually help us in any way for our situation right?” Morgana wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page.
“Honestly, I don’t even care right now.” Yurik laughed. “This,” He pointed towards the journal, “Is why I love history so much. You unearth something spectacular and all of your hard work is worth it.”
“This would seriously piss of my grandfather if he was still alive.” Tearnyn could not help but laugh.
“Irony right there.”
“More ironic if my grandmother freaked.”
“Tear, you’re still laughing.”
“I know!”
“Oh no, you’re delirious now. We should get you to sleep.” Yurik walked over to Tearnyn and hugged her.
“I don’t think I could sleep now. I have too much adrenaline in my system.” She slowly started to stop laughing. After a little while, her eyes landed on the bewildered observers and cleared her throat. “Um, you can have a copy of the translations if you want. I just wanted to know what it said. Thanks for putting up with me and I’ll print you a copy later today.” Feeling uncomfortable after showing such weird behavior, she picked up the tablet and looked at Lowell, Meg and the librarian. “So yeah, later!” She started running towards the exit.
“TEAR!” Morgana and Yurik called. They smiled a thanks to the three werewolves and ran after their friend. Yurik ended up picking Morgana up over his shoulder and spinning her. She laughed and the three once again started talking about the journal. It was not until they collapse on their respected bed did they finally settle down.
Their stay lasted two more days. Yurik finished up as much of his research as he could with Meg who quietly and hesitantly helped him. On the last day he finally talked to her about who he and the rest of the team were. At first she did not believe him and became angry, but after a little convincing and Tearnyn backing him up she finally understood.
Morgana was sad to leave. She loved talking mechanical work with people who understood what she was saying and referring to. Tearnyn knew quite a bit about things mechanical and electronical since her mother was a mech but it was never something she had a passion for. So having a chance to speak her mind and learn things in return was like taking down your first hunt on your own. But sadly their funds were running low and if they wanted any of the material Morgana was going to need it was necessary for the trio to leave.
With some sadness weighing her down, Morgana walked to the dealers and started buying material she managed to get cheaper as the days passed. She was invited to visit any time and converse about technology. The young woman smiled brightly and readily agreed to visit when she could. The material she ordered was too large for the small pack to carry thus she had it sent to Green Willow when it was ready. Morgana waved farewell to them and went to meet up with her pack mates by the gates of the city.
Tearnyn on the other hand did not think she had anyone to have a sad farewell with. Unlike Morgana and Yurik, she never really bonded with anyone in the city. She had talked to a great many people as she wandered the city those first few days, but she never found a companion. Or so she thought. On the last day while Yurik was talking to Meg and Morgana bidding her mech group good-bye, Tearnyn wandered the shelves one last time. She was going to miss reading about her ancestors but she was ready to head back to the village she knew best.
As she thumbed through one book she never got to, Lowell rounded the corner and walked over to her. “I hear you are leaving today.”
Tearnyn looked up and then back down and replied, “We are. It is time to go back.”
“Home?” He grinned with sparkling hazel eyes.
Shutting the book she replied, “I wish.”
“Green Willow is not your home?” Lowell took the book out of Tearnyn’s hands and placed it back on the shelf, drawing him closer to her. She did not move, but instead leaned on the shelves.
“No. I’ve told you I am not from here.”
“Ah yes, you did.” He turned slightly and also leaned on the shelves; a foot or so between them. “So where are you from Miss Tearnyn? The other day it seemed like you are from a whole different world.”
“Oh what is that song my mother played from the 20th Century?” Tearnyn tapped her foot a moment and quote, “’A whole new world. A dazzling place you never knew.’ Or whatever, I’ve never actually seen the movie.”
“Your mother knows 20th Century songs?” He looked at her mystified.
Tearnyn snorted as she answered, “Song? She loves that era. Sometimes I think a little too much.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know. Perhaps because it was simpler.”
“Tearn-“
Tearnyn held up her hand as she cocked her head. “I have to go. It was nice meeting you, Lowell. If you’re ever in Green Willow, look me up. Bless.” She gave him a smile and pushed off the shelves.
The trio met at the city gates, looked back one last time, and then started towards Green Willow. Once again when they were about a mile from the city, they paused and stripped off their clothes. As soon as they were shifted, they ran fast and hard. The rush of excitement and adrenaline coursed through their veins as the scenery passed by like a water color painting. Tearnyn took a deep breath while she ran enjoying the smell of nature.
They planned their departure perfectly. While they would be running back to the village and out in nature, the werewolves would be entering their last few days of mating season. The trio would not have to listen to the litany of mating sounds as they would if they stayed behind in the city or went back to the village early. The forest around them gave them peace and a sense that everything was okay. They knew in the back of their minds that they still had many things to do before they could dream of going home but as they ran it seemed that everything was fine. Their anxieties and fears drifted away on the wind as they ran and they only felt calm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one day, Happy New Year!