Sequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is in progress ♥

Just for a Moment

Lovely Nights

"C'mon Ally, you're taking too long." I can hear Lizzy pacing around in my room impatiently. "They could be here any minute and you're still in the shower."

"Alright I'm coming out," I groan as I turn the water off. I quickly dry myself and barely strap my bra on when Lizzy opens the bathroom door and shoves my clothes onto the door hook.

"Just get dressed in there," she said as she closed the door.

I sigh and yank my Mela leopard print ruffle neck dress off of the hanger and pull it on. I roll up a pair of black pantyhose then slip on a pair of tan lace up brogues. I look so...Fall-y. Ha. I finish up by tucking some pieces of my hair into a tan beret. I pick my pjs up from the chair and step out of the bathroom and into my room.

"Finally! We don't have all day you know, it's already 7:49," Lizzy says while rolling her eyes.

"Oh calm down, you'll get to see your precious Kelly soon enough," I say as I drop my pjs into my hamper. I turn to face Lizzy, whom was blushing like crazy.

"Shut up, don't act like you don't want to see Jack." I turn away and smile to myself, giving Lizzy the satisfaction that she wanted.

"Right. Now let’s go."

I snatch my phone and purse before she grabs my arm and leads me out the door. We walk towards the main building of MJ Academy to welcome back our boyfriends. The boys went off to see their families for the fall break on Monday, while Lizzy and I stood on campus. I mean we saw our family too, but we didn't want to stay over there since it would just be a burden for us to shove ourselves in a small room again. Lizzy has been really antsy to see Kellin, she can't deal with such a long time apart from him. I get it, it's been a week. I felt the same way, now I'm just relieved that I can see Jack again. Plus today is Friday, so I get to spend the rest of the day with him before work tomorrow. No need to walk any further; I can see Kellin with his suitcase coming out of the building.

"I can recognize those perfect black locks from anywhere," Lizzy sighs happily.

"It's him!" I shout, pointing my finger in his direction. We run towards him, a giant smile spreading across his face as Lizzy jumps into his arms.

"Kells!" She squeals, kissing him. When they break apart I give Kellin a look.

"What? No hello? No, 'I missed you Kelly'?"

"Nope, you have my sister for that. Now where's my boyfriend?" I raise an eyebrow.

"He went to go look for you," he said, pulling Lizzy in again.

He gazed into her eyes lovingly, which I'm sure caused her to melt inside. I make a fake gagging sound and start to walk away.

"I'll catch up with you guys later."

"Mhm," Lizzy responded, distracted by Kellin's gaze.

Great, where do I look first? I don't get how he even managed to get pass us without us noticing. I guess it makes the most sense to check my room. My heart speeds up as I sprint towards the dorm. I spot him walking out of the building, shaking his head. I bite my lip to prevent myself from cheesing, but it doesn't work. He looks up, a smile spreading across his face. I race toward him and knock him down by accident because of my force.

"I'm so sorry!" I say pushing myself off of him, but he pulls me back down and kisses me.

"Jeez, you two can't get enough of each other's face, huh?" Kellin said from above us.

I giggle as I get off of him while he stands up, helping me to my feet.

"I wouldn't be talking if I were you; don't think we don't remember you and Lizzy's make out session that time we walked in on you guys," Jack snorts.

Lizzy looks away, her faces flushed with red. Kellin squeezes her hand as he changes the subject.

"I'm hungry," He pouts. "Let’s go to Olive Garden! My treat."

"Yesssss," I shout happily; pasta sounds so good right about now.

Lizzy giggles as they turn in the opposite direction and start walking. Jack wraps his arm around my waist and we follow them to the restaurant. I watch Kellin whisper things into Lizzy's ear, making her laugh and stealing kisses at certain points. They are so adorable. I'm glad Lizzy moved on. I glance up at Jack, who was already looking down at me.

"Aren't they just so cute?"

"Ehh, they're okay; we're better though." I smile and he plants one more kiss on me before we enter the restaurant.

Dinner was so fun. Lizzy and I got to know more about Jack and Kellin's lives before we stepped into the picture, before they even got into MJ Academy. It was nice to hear stories of their childhood and experiences they've had in their first year of school here. We also had a little war, crumpling the straw wrappers and napkins into little balls and throwing them at each other. Kellin even stuck ice down Jack's shirt at one point, which attracted the attention of the people around us. Let’s just say that they weren't very happy about us being loud. When we finally calmed down, we ate and chatted some more. It was some nice quality bonding. Afterwards, we walked over to the open field by the amusement park and watched Coyote Ugly on the outdoor screen that the staff set up. When the movie ended, the four of us just stayed there lying in the grass, laughing and having a good time. It's been a great night so far.

"Pst." Jack pokes my arm, but I ignore him from staring at the clouds.

They looked so pretty at night, each one lighting up as it crossed the moon.

"Pssssst. Baby," he whispered in my ear.

"Yes?" I turn to face him and lay my head on his chest, draping my arm across his stomach.

He laughs lightly in his throat and wraps his arm around me.

"Nothing, I was just trying to get your attention."

I smile and shake my head. Lizzy and Kellin get up and approach us.

"Hey, we'll see you guys probably tomorrow, we're leaving, and who knows when you guys will decide to go sleep," Lizzy says as she yawns.

I raise an eyebrow at Jack and he smirks.

"Okay, goodnight," I sigh, opening my arms for Lizzy's embrace.

She groans and bends down, planting a kiss on my forehead. Kellin waves then they walk away, hand in hand. Maybe I'll stop by her room later to check up on her.

I lay my head back on his chest when suddenly he starts to sing my song to me. I smile at his attempt. His voice cracks at the pre chorus and he clears his throat. I giggle and sit up, pushing some hair behind my ear.

"I think I should leave the singing to you," he chuckles, embarrassed.

He lays his head on my lap and I run my fingers through his hair as I start to sing. I sing softly, looking down at him. He gives me a cheeky smile before closing his eyes. I stop after the first chorus and hum instead, enjoying the quiet atmosphere around us. I close my eyes as well, swaying to the melody as the wind picks up. Out of nowhere, rain starts pouring down and I shake from the water sliding down my back.

"What the?" Jack gets up and helps me to my feet, lifting me bridal style once I'm steady.

He starts jogging toward the dorm and I laugh happily, spreading my arms out and face the sky. Just before we get in he puts me down and grabs my face.

"I recall you saying that you'd love to be kissed in the rain,"

"I did?" I look up at him and squint from the rain dropping into my eyes.

"No, but I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't mind it." He pulls me in and kisses me.

It was long and slow, filling me with butterflies. I felt as if I were in a typical romance movie where the couple is caught in the rain and they kiss passionately. I always saw those movies and thought that they were corny. I'd look at them and think, 'what's the big deal? You guys are just going to get sick from standing in the rain for all that time.' But now I get it. I don't know what it is that makes it different from a regular kiss, but it's something special. We break away after a while, making me feel light headed.

"Let’s get inside," he says grabbing my hand.

I follow him, feeling so entranced by him as if he hypnotized me or something. I felt like I was floating to my room instead of walking there. When we get to my room he opens the door and closes it behind us when we walk in. I pull off my hat and hang it on the corner of my standing mirror. I sit on my desk chair and kick off my shoes, about to take my pantyhose off, but decide not to since Jack was in the room. I sigh, grab a set of pajamas from my dresser and shuffle over to the bathroom. After locking the door, I take my time to change out of my clothes and into the pjs. When I'm done I walk back into my room. Jack had already made himself comfortable in my bed, with the tv on and a bottle of water on the nightstand. I join him, facing my back to him as he lays his head on my shoulder with his arm around my waist. Before I know it I start to drift off, the tv still on in the background and Jack's arm still around me. When I wake up in the morning, he's still there. I start to panic for a second before he slowly opens his eyes and grins at me.

I start to calm down; I guess he didn't think that he'd get in trouble, so that eased me a bit. He kissed me then looked at the time: it was only 5:30. Seeing that it was still early, he wiggled closer to me then closed his eyes again, falling back to sleep. I smile and look up at the ceiling, remembering how much I enjoyed last night. I close my eyes and drift off. I could totally get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think :)

-K_K