Sequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is in progress ♥

Just for a Moment

A Day full of Suprises

Since Karaoke last night was such a perfect night, I hoped that a perfect Saturday would follow. I got up for work, jealous that Roxy gets to sleep in since she has wealthy parents. No working for their princess. I got dressed in an MCR band tee, pulled on black skinny jeans, red chucks and Kellin’s black beanie. I buttoned up my jacket and put on my scarf. As I was doing that I saw that I had dropped a pair of socks on the floor. I picked them up and threw them at Roxy’s head and she mumbled 'have a good day' before turning on her other side and sleeping. I laughed and opened my room door; there was Kellin with a hot chocolate and a banana nut muffin for me in his hand. I tapped kissed him and thanked him for bringing me breakfast. He walked close to me as I ate, telling me about how much Jack was gushing about Ally when they got back last night. He said he had to not so politely tell him to shut it, so he could get some sleep. I didn’t bother asking why Jack was in his room, ever since they started dating Ally and I, those two were always together. Which is nice because it means that I always get to be with my sister. As if on cue Jack and Ally, catch up with us on our way to the mall.

“Good morning big sis.” Ally gave me a squeeze, “Kelly.”

“Alan,” he gave her a nod, “Jack.”

“I am surprised you are up so early Als, no sleeping in late with Jack today?” I teased.

Ally’s face flushed and she stammered before just shutting her mouth. “That was once,” she finally managed to mumble. “Will you hush about it? I don’t want a strike you know.”

“Then you shouldn’t be taking walks on the wild side.” Kellin mocked while wrapping his arm around my waist. “You need to play it safe like my girl and I.” He tapped kissed me, “we are a squeaky clean pair.”

Out of nowhere some guy from the school paper ran up to Kellin and me, with a huge smile on his face.

“I am writing an article on the ‘it couple’ and you guys were voted to be that couple.” Kellin gave the reporter a cocky grin. “Can we get a picture for the paper?”

I was blushing as the paper’s photographer ran over, adjusting the lens while Kellin and I got into a pose. He wrapped his arms around my waist before picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. I was mid-laugh when they took the picture. The photographer was glowing about how well it came out while he and the reporter walked back from where they came.

“You can put me down now, they left.” I laughed gently hitting his back.

“Now why would I do that?” He started to spin around to make me dizzy.

I heard myself squeal from laughter - super girly, I know - while I protested for him to put me down. When he finally did, we were both dizzy and we bumped heads. I punched him in the arm when my balanced equaled out again.

“Let’s get married.” He buried his head into my neck.

“Okay,” I laughed, he looked into my eyes and I saw that he was only half joking.

I was about to say something but Ally butted in, “That would be cute, Elizabeth Quinn.”

I blushed, “shush Ally, Mrs. Fowler!”

“Jack didn't propose,” she blushed none the less.

“Not yet,” he nudged her gently before kissing her.

I looked at the time and realized I am about to be late for work. I kissed Kellin, and he pulled me in causing me to linger longer than I should and then I dashed off to work. Ally was running besides me, laughing as if it was fun to rush to work. I push her lightly and ran faster, making a race out of it. Of course since Ally is always running on the track I was sure she would win. I still pumped my legs as fast as I could towards the entrance. I made it to work just in time to clock in at 9:00 am on the dot. I got in with Tony, who had recently started working here. He yawned and clocked in before giving me a bear hug.

“Hey Eli,” he tussled my hair. "What's up?"

I gave him a dirty look, “Nothing, I think.”

“What does that even mean?” He asked as we headed out to the floor.

“It means I have no idea what happened this morning,” I laughed and Vic tackled me in a surprise embrace.

“Good Morning turtle and my monkey.” He tussled my hair too, “I am in a great mood this morning.”

“Good Morning Boss,” Tony and I said mockingly.

“Ugh, anything but boss.” I stuck my tongue out at him and flicked his arm as he made his way to the back room.

Walking in late, as usual, was Sonia. She glared at me briefly before heading to clock in. I rolled my eyes glad she was working the cashier today and not the floor with me. That girl has given me nothing but hell for no good reason. In fact, she has even become besties with my nemesis Tally. They were plotting something I am sure, but I also knew that if Sonia is smart she would stop hanging with Tally. Vic hates her, almost as much as Kellin does, maybe even more. Since the store opens late today for some odd reason, I goofed off with Tony throwing shirts at him and laughing. When out of nowhere Sonia shouts from across the store.

“Tally is right, you are a whore.” I felt as if everything around me was crashing.

Vic came out just in time, “That’s a write up, Sonia. You are on my bad side, personally.”

She pouted and began to protest but he ignored her and walked back into the Manager’s office. She started to sob and followed him in and they started to argue. Tony and I sighed, cleaning up the mess we made before we opened. I tried to ignore the cruel names she was calling Vic but I couldn’t. I looked at Tony and he shook his head as I marched into the manager’s office.

“I love you, idiot. Stop being such a jerk about everything and treat me right.” Sonia sucked her teeth.

“Sonia please just leave me alone, I am in no mood for your melodrama today.” Neither of them had noticed that I had come in yet.

“This is about Lizzy, isn’t it?” Sonia put her hands on her hip and I instantly regretted coming in here.

“Not everything is about Lizzy, Sonia, maybe this is about you being a bad girlfriend.” He turned and saw me, the air got heavy.

She must have seen him notice me because she turned too. I blushed and cleared my throat. I stared down at my feet to think about what to say. Finally an idea came to me.

“We open in five boss. I just wanted to know if you needed anything else set up before we open doors.”

“No, that will be all.” I left the room.

When I got to the floor I looked up at Tony, who just shrugged at me.

The first half of my shift, thankfully, flew by due to my complete focus on work. The customers became my world, keeping me from thinking about what I heard earlier. I was embarrassed to hear Vic say that to Sonia. She must have been embarrassed too because she didn’t say a single word to anyone who wasn't at the register the rest of her shift. I clocked out for lunch and Vic gave me a sad smile as I headed to Jamba Juice. I opened the door and Ally was scurrying around to appease the lunch crowd. Some even being members of the once a month tour groups that were given to tourists by the campus. It was a super expensive tour. Plus they had to pay for everything on campus, of course. I stood in the corner until the crowds thinned out a few minutes later.

“Hey Als,” she crossed her eyes and sighed.

“What will it be sis?” She put her head in her hands and placed her elbows on the counter.

“Uh, an apple n’ kale bowl today.” Ally nodded at Rick and he started to make. “Oh and don’t forget Vic’s Peanut Butter Moo’d smoothie. He called in it like five minutes ago,” Rick nodded and Ally turned back around to face me. “So how’s work going so far?”

“Ugh, let’s not, okay? I don’t want to think about the couple drama at Hot Topic. How’s work for you?”

Ally rolled her eyes, “Rick is refusing to listen to me when it comes to Tally. Besides that, it’s great.”

Rick chuckled, “she isn’t that bad.”

Ally made a loud noise in protest. “You are right, she is worst.”

“Okay, so she has major issues. . .” He started.

“And a husband,” I chime in.

“And a serious need to date everyone she sees.” Ally completed.

“Okay, okay, she is pretty bad. To be honest I only started dating her to get someone jealous.”

“OH MY GOSH!!” Ally started jumping up and down, “you have to tell me who.”

Rick handed me my food bowl and smoothie then faced Ally, “you.”

I took that as my cue to leave, rapidly before the awkward started to stink up the whole room. I walked to my job and sighed, I just want to go back to my room and sleep. I hand Vic his smoothie and notice that Sonia was gone.

“She quit, can you cover register for me, monkey?” I nod, eat my food, and then get to work.

I walked out of work at three ready to take a nap when I spot Tally headed my way. I brace myself for whatever she had in store.

“Hello low life,” she hissed at me, you can almost see her fangs as she spoke.

“Hello Tally, I didn’t know that you worked days too.” My insult went straight over her head as she continued.

“Having fun with my Kellin?” It was like she was asking me to claw her eyes out.

“Last time I checked that ship sailed, crashed and then Kellin burned it.” I felt my hands ball into fist.

“Listen, you are just a rebound, he will be back. They always come back.”

“Well dogs usually come back to their vomit, good thing Kellin isn’t a dog.”

“Isn’t he? He might as well be with how much you make him beg.” She puts on a fake pout, “and still you won’t give a dog a bone.”

“If we follow that logic, you must have no bones left.” I just walked away from her, leaving her with that thought.

I didn’t want to stoop any lower; Tally’s level was a place even the rats refused to mingle in. I must have shocked her, because she didn’t even bother to try and make her usual spectacle. I got back to my room and Kellin was waiting for me with a white orchid and a box. I kissed him, feeling relief to have someone who just by his presence reminded me of my sanity.

“Hey baby,” I took the flower and smiled, “what’s the occasion?”

“Besides me loving you, not much.” I blushed while opening my room door, when I turned on my light and my room was filled with orchids. “And of course it’s almost a year since we shared our very first kiss. I decided to start showering you with gifts from now.”

“You are the best.” I hugged him tightly. “This is so beautiful.”

“And then there is this,” he got down on knee and pulled out a ring. “Elizabeth, I promise to love you with all my heart, always and forever. I promise to be there when you cry, laugh, feel alone, are happy, sad, angry, even when you are psming.” I laughed, “I will always do my very best to make you feel loved, even when it’s not easy. With this ring, I promise to be by your side through it all. Will you accept this ring, with the promise to someday soon be my wife?”

I look into his eyes and kneel down in front of him, “yes I promise.”

He placed the ring on my finger and then I tackled him to the ground with kisses. Today was indeed the perfect Saturday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let us know what you think ♥ We love comments. Thank you for reading.

-Hana ♥