Sequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is in progress ♥

Just for a Moment

Time to Begin Again

I curled myself against Kellin’s body. We were in his bed at his home, it was at least midnight and I couldn't sleep. All I kept thinking is: this place is huge; when I first arrived three days go I was so overwhelmed by it. It was all I could talk about with Kellin the first night we were here, my room was on a floor all to itself. To be perfectly honest I was worried that since he came from money his family would be snobs. I was relieved to find out that that was far from the truth, they were very down to earth. In fact, now I didn’t want us to go back to school tomorrow. I was having too much fun here with his family. Of course I am happy that his family has told me that they love me. They even said I was perfect for Kellin. They said that as far as they were concerned, we were all family now. The thought warms my heart.

Before we left for break I thought their opinion wouldn’t matter so much but it means the world to us that they approve. I mean I don’t plan on going anywhere, so it’s so much easier that we all get along. I want to stay with my Kellin forever. I paused my train of thought and listened to the faint noises of the house. I focused on listening to Kellin’s even breathing. All of a sudden, my heart rate picked up, and it dawned on me, this is the first time I will be sleeping in the same bed as him. I sat up, hands shaking eager to distract myself, so I looked for my cell phone. I sat up and grabbed it off the night stand. I checked it to see if Ally had called me. It wouldn't be the first time she called in the middle of the night during this break. I mean a lot is going on with her. Ever since Max resurfaced he hasn't stopped harassing her, he is making her life hell. Not to mention, Rick and Jack aren't making things easier. I sighed loudly and sent her a text to let her know that I was thinking of her. As I was pressing send I feel Kellin flip over and I know that he is staring at me.

“Come on baby, come to sleep.” He gently pulled me back down on the bed next to him, sleep clinging to his voice. “What is it my love? Are you nervous about tomorrow?” He presses his forehead against mine, “Because you know that you really shouldn’t be.”

“Ally is going to be so mad,” I mumble then he kisses me. "I mean she has so much going on and I have spoken to her so much over the break. I should forewarn her before we get back to campus. She doesn’t take change well.”

“Alan will be fine,” he runs his fingers across my cheek, “besides, this decision was for us and no one else.”

“I know but you have to admit it was a bit selfish.” I close my eyes and listen to the perfect pace of his breathing, my own breaths automatically matching with his.

“Maybe it was, but who cares?” He kissed my eyelids, “it’s all going to work out babe, now get some sleep. We have a long trip back in the morning. I love you.”

“I love you too.” I knew with every fiber within me that those words were true.

He kissed me good night and wrapped his arms around my waist. I laid my head on his collar bone and looked up at him. I watched as he drifted off to sleep and I smiled to myself. He is the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I felt sleep pulling at my eyelids and before I knew it I was rubbing my eyes, waking to the sound of Kellin humming as he repacked our bags. I watched him quietly and tired not to let the butterflies consume me. Today was the day they would all find out, I bite my lip and stare at Kells. He seemed so calm, completely at ease with all that we are about to tell our friends. I wondered to myself if I should have told Ally a month ago when we had first decided to go through with this. I mean even JT knows, I am sure that fact alone will hurt Ally. Roxy didn’t like that this was kept from her either, but my Rox is the forgiving type as long as I am happy. Especially since I didn't hide it from her for long.

“Good Morning baby,” Kellin wiggles his butt as he bends over and zips one of his bags, “enjoying the show."

I laugh, “oh yes, I guess I should just go back to bed then since this will clearly be the highlight of my day.”

He laughs and launches himself next to me in bed, “it’s time to wake up sleepyhead. Back to the academy we go, come on hurry up and get dressed, mom made us breakfast.”

I mock groan and throw the blanket over our heads, “let’s just stay here and go back tomorrow.”

He laughs and leans close to my ear brushing his lips across my lobe while he spoke, “as tempting as that is, we promised our friends we would spend the last three days of break with them. Now come on baby,” he lifted up the blanket, “the driver will take our bags down and we will be at school by noon. See, I even packed for you." He kisses me, "its a sign of my affections."

“Thank you baby. Fine, I am up.” I mumble and pout, “just let me call Als, to let her know what time we will be there.”

“Okay, hurry before the food gets cold,” he kisses me and then is out the door shouting to his siblings as he walks towards the stairs.

I laugh, throw off the cover and take a quick shower. I pull on a pair of Seven Jeans his mom got me, and a black t-shirt that says 'I am his’ on it. I pulled on red ankle boots and a red beanie. I grabbed my phone and dialed Ally’s cell while brushing my teeth. I hear her sniffle before she says a muffled hello. I spit into the sink and respond.

“What’s wrong?” I wiped my mouth and leave the bathroom, packing my toothbrush away.

“I rather talk about it person. When are you getting back?” I hear her shuffling with something in the background.

“I will be there around noon, at least that what Kellin says. So I guess my room at 1:30 to chat?” I felt a knot form in my stomach.

“Why so late? Whatever, 1:30 is good. I can help you unpack.”

I remained silent for a while and decided to change the subject, “have mami and papi said anything to you about Kells?”

“Mhmmm,” she was chewing food I could tell, “they called last night to gush about him. It was so gross. I swear they must be losing their minds if they think he is that great.”

“Oh hush, you know that you secretly love Kellin for taking care of me and you think he is awesome.” I roll my eyes while fixing my flyaway hairs in the mirror hung up by the door. “Anyway, I am just happy that they love him because I don’t plan on letting him leave.” I chuckle, “nope he is stuck with me forever.”

“Ewww, it’s too early for all this cheesy junk so I am hanging up now. I will see you later, bye.”

“Bye.” I squeeze my phone into my jean pocket while leaving the room and heading downstairs for breakfast.

“Good Morning Elly,” Kellin’s mom smiled as I walked into the dining room.

I watched a Kellin's step dad smiles at me while squeezing his wife's hand.

“Good Morning mother,” she insisted that I called her mom or mother, since mom would feel like a betrayal to my mami, I chose mother. "How did you sleep?"

"Oh wonderfully. How are you this morning?” She nodded and a butler served my food.

“I wish I didn’t have to leave today.” I pout while looking at Kellin’s sister who was sitting across from me. “I am going to miss you guys.”

“We will miss you too.” Kailey smiles at me. “Take good care of Kellin for us.”

“I will,” I start eating my crepes while listening to the conversation that swirled around me.

I felt so content, just sitting here eating breakfast with my family. These people are mine too. I feel Kellin grab my hand and squeeze it. I know he feels what I just thought; I know that it makes him happy. The little ones were off before the rest of us finished breakfast. They hugged me goodbye then ran up the stairs to play. I ate more quickly and sipped on my orange juice while Kellin and his mom went back and forth. When it was time to go I hugged Kellin’s sister and mother, I shook his step dad's hand, and told them that I would see them soon. Then Kellin and I left hand in hand. In the driveway was a sleek, black car with tinted windows waiting for us. A driver in a clean black uniform held the door open for us, again I find myself wondering how Kellin’s family obtained such wealth. I slide into the backseat next to him and the driver closed the down behind me. Then he climbed into the front seat and lifted the black window to divide the space between us. I cuddle against Kellin and mustered up the courage to ask.

“Baby, I am curious, how did your family get so much money?” He ran his fingers across my shoulder.

“I am not sure, my theory is the lottery or somebody died and left us with piles of cash.” He shrugged. “It never really mattered to me, so I never asked.”

“What about your father?” My hand flew up to my mouth, I knew better than to bring up his father. His fingers stopped mid stroke, his face froze and I felt the tension rise. “I am sorry,” I barely manage to say, “I am so sorry, that was thoughtless of me.”

“No it's fine. I doubt he has a cent to his name and if he does he spends it on booze. That’s the only thing I know for sure about that man. He loves the bottle, it was his mistress. I mean he was here one day and then the next day, he left us for his true love. He and alcohol haven’t been apart since; at least that’s what I hear.” I placed my hand on his knee. “But none of that matters now; I have all the family and need, plus the bonus of the most beautiful woman in the world.”

I blush, “you are going to make a great father. I know it.” I kiss his cheek and I can see the emotion welling up in his eyes. “You are amazing.”

He turned and faced me, “I love you so much Lizzy. I regret not being honest with myself from the beginning, I wouldn't have wasted all this time. I could have spared you so much pain. I knew that Vic had feelings for you but I couldn't help but admire your beauty. Tally was so clingy and I thought I could love her but I was jealous that he had you. You were so into him, eyes filled with love, laughter dancing in your lips. I could tell he cared for you so I decided that I could be satisfied with just being your friend. Then I saw a shift in Vic, he started pushing you away, said that it was because of me but I noticed Sonia was giving him more attention. I knew that Vic had once cared for her, even though she is a wretched person. She cheated on him, he was devastated but I don’t think he ever stopped caring for her. That has always been Vic’s problem; he wants what he can’t have. That’s why I know he won’t give up until he has you again. I guess I feel guilty, because I know that Vic has finally realized how sincerely in love you both were. I wonder at times, if I should have let you be, I think you two would have been back together and fairly happy by now. I guess I am just selfish.”

I kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck. The edges of his hair brushing against my fingertips. I ran my fingers along his spinal cord on his neck. I dropped my right hand and crept it up the back of his shirt. I felt each vertebra, his fingers made small circles on the small of my back. I felt familiar shivers course through my body, and a longing warm my body. Then the car screeched to a halt and our bodies were thrown forward. I felt a pain shoot through my arm.

“Are you two okay back there? Some buffoon almost hit us; I hope you had your seat belts on.” The driver shouted through the window after he lowered it a bit.

“We are fine, Frank.” Kellin helped me up, and then he buckled my seat belt. “Keep going, we have to be there by noon so we can get stuff done.” Frank closed the window, as his way of agreeing. Kellin turned himself towards me, “Are you okay?”

I nodded and rubbed my wrist, “I should be fine.”

“Good,” he popped open a latch and a small TV appeared. “Let’s watch a movie.”

I leaned my head on his shoulder and we spent the rest of the ride watching the movie. We stopped to eat an early lunch with Frank and then we continued on. I held Kellin's hand and constantly reminded him that I love him, I hated that earlier he compared himself to Vic. I hated that maybe he could have been right, if he never stepped in I could be happy with Vic. The thing I hated the most though, was the thought of not being with him. When we pulled up to the school, Frank took out our bags, hugged Kellin and I then left. We head through the gates and I looked at the time, I had just enough time to get started before Ally stopped by. I kissed Kellin after he took our bags and headed to the headmaster’s office. I decided to speed walk to my room. I throw open the door and sighed, time to get started. With my iPod on I worked quickly, throwing my things into boxes. I heard Ally walk in and the knot in my stomach tightened.

“What’s going on?” Ally’s eyes were opened wide and lips pursed when I turned to look at her.

Behind her JT walked into the room, “Welcome back to the academy and congratulations. Your new room is in the private wing of the building. No one is living there at the moment except your husband and yourself, Mrs. Quinn.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the gap. Let me know what you think of the news ♥