Sequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is in progress ♥

Just for a Moment

Waking Up

I start to stir, my eyelids are begging to be opened, but yet staying shut. My eyes flutter once I hear someone’s voice. They still stay closed, though I was trying so hard to open them. My hand is squeezed so I squeeze in response to let them know that I am here. Someone clears their throat, and then there’s a short interchange of words before someone kisses my cheek.

I was wondering who it could be before they whispered, “I will be back baby sister.”

It was Lizzy. Guilt instantly fills me as the last moments of my stupid decision flood to my head. How could I put my friends through this? Most importantly Lizzy? My eyes fly open to see if I can apologize but she was gone. I'm in a hospital room, a familiar looking one too.

“Hey sleeping beauty,” someone whispers. I slowly turn my head to the left to see Jack. He grabs my hand and cringes at the sight of my wound, but tries to ignore it. “Does this room look familiar to you?” He squeezes my hand a little. “It’s the same one I ended up in after I got jumped…” He seemed lost for words.

“Yeah, I remember. That doesn't make things better though,” I sigh, sitting up.

“Well what do you expect me to say Ally?” He gets up and starts aimlessly walking around the room. “How am I supposed to act when my girlfriend just wakes up from being in a three day coma because she decided that she was going to kill herself?”

“Jack, I-”

“No, I’m sorry,” he says, sitting back down. “You were going through a hard time and I wasn't there for you.”

“That’s right; you weren't there for me. Instead you were out smacking lips with another girl,” I retort, crossing my arms.

“Look Ally, I don't think now is the time for that,” Jack says, instantly glancing at my arm then back at my face.

“Don’t let that-” I pause, “don’t let this stop you from telling me, because I’d really like to know.”

“I had a good reason; I just don’t want to talk about it now.”

Someone enters the room but we don’t take a second to look at whoever it is.

“Jack, all I am asking is why did you kiss her?”

“It’s not that simple Als, I got a letter from Max saying he would kill you if I didn't leave you alone. I had to make it seem more believable. I couldn't bear the thought of losing you and then you go and do this. How could you be so selfish? You are crazy loved and the past three days we have all being driving ourselves insane about this. I haven't slept, or eaten a thing since you have been in the hospital. I can't even play.” I could see the hurt in his eyes when he said that. He knows that I know how important that is to him. “I love you, you idiot.”

He lightly kisses me then leaves. I watched him as he walked out, my eyes quickly trailing to Lizzy and Kellin. I gulped and looked away before she could notice, I feel too bad for putting her through this.

My mood lightens up when I see Vic walk in.

“My Vic,” I smile, stretching out my arms. He runs to me and gives me a hug, staying in my arms for a couple of minutes. I just closed my eyes all the while to avoid eye contact with Lizzy. He lets go then takes the seat next to my bed. “I’m sorry I put you through this Vicky.”

Gross, Vicky? I can’t believe that actually came out of my mouth. It must be the exhaustion talking.

“You better be, jerk.” He cautiously plants a kiss on my forehead then sits back down. “I have been worried sick about you, you know that right?”

I know someone else who has been worried sick about me as well. I give him a tight smile and place my hand over his.

“Yeah, I am pretty sure.”

His eyes skim over my arm and I hated it. If this is what is going to be happening from now on, I should start wearing long-sleeved blouses.

“Class isn't the same without you,” he looks up at me, “so hurry up and get better so we can goof off together.”

“I will try,” I laugh lightly.

“You better, doctor’s order.”

He sticks his tongue out at me and I stick out mine in return. I noticed an unfamiliar twinkle in his eyes before Lizzy lost her patience.

“Umm,” Lizzy starts to raise her voice, “why is everyone acting like I’m not here?!”

My eyes dart over to her and I try to cover my guilt up with a weak smile.

“I’m sorry.”

“That’s not good enough,” she started to cry, making me feel worse. “How could you? How dare you try to kill yourself! You have no right! I’m the one to find you; I am the one who spent hours scrubbing your blood off of your floor. All for a boy, Ally? He’s worth ending your life?”

“Well how would you feel if it was Kellin?” That probably wasn't a nice thought to give her, but it sure might ease her anger. She should understand.

“Kellin would never…” she trailed off.

“Let’s not fight,” I plead, closing my eyes.

“Fine, but just know that when you get better I am going to beat you so badly,” she started to shake; “you are never going to do this to me again.”

Kellin grabbed her hand to calm her, which made me start to cry as well. It hurts me that I put her through so much pain over this whole dating mishap. I guess I didn't really think about how the outcome of my death would affect everyone else.

“I won’t,” I sniffle, “I promise.”

She runs over to my bed and lies with me, wrapping her arms around my body. It ached a little, but I didn't care. I wrapped my arms around her as she buried her face into my hair and kept crying. Eventually the boys left the room to give us privacy, which was kind of them. We probably looked like a soap opera anyhow, so they couldn't take the drama.

“I love you, Ally.”

Lizzy squeezed me tighter, and I squeezed her in return.

“I love you too, Lizzy.”

After a while the crying stopped, then Lizzy got up to get some water. As she left the door was kept open, and then Kellin strolled in after giving Lizzy a peck on the cheek.

“Hey Alan,” he stood at the door.

“Hi Kelly.”

“How are you feeling?” he asked, drumming his fingers against the window.

“Wet,” I giggle, picking up my hair.

“Well it’s great that you're better, now I don't have to worry about my wife getting sleep or eating. We can get back to more important things,” he smirks, “if you know what I mean.”

“Ugh please,” I say, putting my hand up, “you didn't have to tell me that.”

He laughs and takes the seat beside my bed.

“It’s entertaining though,” he protests.

“Whatever,” I roll my eyes.

“Seriously, you did freak out your sister, and other less important people,” he looks at me, “why would you do that?”

“Look Kellin, I wasn't thinking straight. I was already upset about a lot of stuff then that thing with
Jack just knocked everything over.” I sigh and shake my head. “That jerk.”

“Well just letting you know, I talked to him about it and he took everything off of Facebook. He was seriously just trying to keep Max from hurting you, you know that right?” I nod and he continues, “Yes, it wasn't the best way to keep the psycho off of your case, but he tried. You don't have to worry about Jack and that girl being announced as a couple either; he told me that she was just a drama major that he asked to pretend.”

I purse my lips and look up as Lizzy enters the room. She pauses before walking in, pointing a finger from Kellin to me.

“Are you guys…” a smile creeps onto her face, “bonding?”

“Oh, God no,” I shake my head, putting up both my hands.

“Actually Alan,” Kellin gets up and stands beside Lizzy, “I think we were.”

“Ugh, so not cool,” I groan and cover my face.

“Don’t be a jerk, Ally. You know you love my Kells.”

I peak in between my fingers to see Lizzy and Kellin rubbing their noses against each other. It’s cute, but gross at the same time.

“Alright! You guys need to leave before I vomit!” I throw a pillow at them to break their kiss.
Kellin laughs, “It’s good to have you back.”

I smile and look at Lizzy expectantly. She eyes me then does a loud ‘Oh’.

“The doctor said that you should be able to get back in your room by tomorrow,” she smiled.

“Cool. Is Jack still here?”

“Yeah, I’ll send him in.” She comes over to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek. “I’ll see you first thing tomorrow, okay?”

“Alright. Goodnight, love you.”

“Love you too,” she waves as she leaves the room with Kellin and closes the door behind her.

I adjust my bed so that I’m sitting up straight. Jack enters with a tray of food, taking me back to the day he dumped me, that jerk. Even though I was mad at him I couldn't help but melt inside from the lopsided smile he gave me when he sat down. I’m glad that we’re talking again.

“Happy to see me?” he grabs my arm and kisses it.

“Yes,” I smiled.

“Look, I’m sorry for making it look like I moved on and everything, I just wanted to keep you safe. Now I know that Max’s threats aren't worth losing you. Do you think we can make it through this?”

He stared into my eyes, pleading with me. I look away, not sure how to answer him. Now that I think about it, this really messes up our course to a good relationship. How am I supposed to just move on from the fact that he led on a different life, and didn't even discuss it with me first? I mean I’m fortunate that he forgave me for my little mess-up with Vic, but I was drunk. Jack was completely sober through his little experiment. When I look back at him I know that whatever reasoning I have for leaving him isn't going to come through. I just don’t want to be without him; I didn't go through this pain for nothing. I huff and remove my arm from his hand, running my fingers through his hair.

“I think so.”

He kisses my left temple then leans back in his chair.

“That’s great to hear, Mrs. Fowler.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Let us know what you think. :3

-K_K