Sequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is in progress ♥

Just for a Moment

On The Road

I can’t believe the people I’m stuck in a van with for the next seven hours. There’s Jesse who I don’t really mind, and Tony who’s just kind of there most of the time,not bothering me at all. Then there’s Vic, Naomi, Rick and Jack. I don’t even know how Rick got invited on this trip, because it definitely wasn't me who did it. I’m sure it was Jack that day he…forget it.

Being cramped in this vehicle has been quite an experience; watching the guys turn into absolute fools. I've never seen them this loose before, it’s hilarious. Even though Rick didn't talk to them before this trip, he seems to be getting along with them very well, except for Jack that is. I mean yeah, we’re not together anymore, and it’s not like they’re not acting mature about the roles they’re playing at the moment. There’s just this tension there-as if I have a huge ‘I still belong to Jack’ sign over me.

What really sucks is that Jack has a new girlfriend, Tania. I don’t know much about her, just that she’s a drama major and she extremely attractive. Of course I don’t let on to anyone that I’m completely and utterly melancholy about the whole thing, but there’s nothing I can do about it. Honestly, I don’t feel like I really can do anything. The damage is done; I’m pretty sure Jack wants nothing to do with me anymore…although his occasional glances say otherwise. All I can do is just ride it out and see what happens. I understand now what a mistake I've made by letting him slip away, but I can’t just run into his arms and tell him that I’m ready for him, he has moved on.

On the bright side Naomi has toned down on the whole ‘omg if I tell her that her nail polish doesn't match her shoes she’ll cut herself’ bit. She dropped it to support me on my break up. Since the moment we got on this van she’s been sending Jack dirty looks his way and I love her for that. Even though I do feel kind of bad about it, this isn't his fault. She’s also the only other girl on this vehicle so she has to make sure I stay sane. Even though I’m completely comfortable with the male species, this is just too much for me: my ex-boyfriend, my co-worker who has a super crush on me, and my best friend who... You can totally imagine my enthusiasm at the moment.

After about two hours we agree to take a pit stop at a rest area in Lake City. Everyone squirms out of the car dying for fresh air and sunlight. The boys take out a football and start tossing it around on the field next to the visiting center while Naomi and I head inside. We run to the bathroom and relieve our bladders before examining the food options in the store. I set my heart on a cheese stuffed pretzel before running to the van to get my wallet. I crawl inside and fish it out of my backpack, then trip over a basketball and land in the seat closest to the door. I grumble and push my hair out of my face, hating whoever left the basketball there at the moment. I sit for a moment and watch the boys laugh and have fun, not even paying mind to the fact that we've stopped to use the bathrooms, not play. I small smile forms on my face as I watch Jack roughly smack the ball out of Jesse’s hand and slam it on the ground as Vic groans and tell him to F off. They laugh it off and decide to take a break so they head into the bathrooms. I crawl back in the van to get my sunglasses and place them over my eyes before attempting to get back into the store. Then I’m stopped as I’m getting out.

“Hey girl,” Rick grins.

“Hi,” I say mock-enthusiastically.

“How do you like the trip so far?”

“Not so much actually,” I sigh.

“That’s too bad,” he says, pushing his hair out of his eyes, “it must be hectic with all these guys and just you with Naomi, huh?”

Almost as if on cue all the boys come out of the bathroom with their shirts off. Normally this doesn't bother me, but of course my eyes wander until they fall on Jack. His perfect warm beige washboard abs, his toned out biceps and that cute birthmark on his collar bone. My eyes drift up to his face, on his plump pink lips and his wet hair. I especially loved it when he wore his shades; it made him look all the more good looking. I bite my lip to keep myself from letting my jaw drop, then my eyes wander Vic. His abs weren't so drawn out for him like Jack’s were, but you could tell he worked out every once in a while. The sun seemed to glisten where the water on his chest was. His olive toned skin caused a foreign feeling to invade me as I got up from the seat and exited the car.

“You have no idea,” I say, licking my lips.

My mouth suddenly felt dry and I remembered that I was supposed to satisfy my stomach in the convenience store with Naomi.

“Enjoying the show?” Rick half jokes as the guys approach us.

Even though my sunglasses were tinted to black, I’m pretty sure he could still tell that I was indeed staring at these boys. Just like every other girl in the parking lot seemed to be.

“Hey buddy,” Vic says in a sing song voice, pulling me in for a half hug.

I squirm out of his grasp and pretend that the reason was because of the sweat that covered his body. Even though it was pretty clear that the guys had sprinkled themselves with water from inside the bathroom, whatever works. He shrugs and calls me a punk, then asks me to get him a Gatorade from the store. I willingly oblige before the boys start pouring requests on me or more water on their chests like in those sexy abs commercials. Can’t these dudes just send a chick a text; I am trying to leave here, sheesh. After I take not of their snack requests, I slip my wallet into my back pocket and head for the store. Before I walk in Jack chases me down to ask for a monster and some skittles.

“Is that all?” I ask, feeling nauseous at how close he was to me.

“Well there was something else,” he says giving me a once over, “but I think it’s too early for that.”

He brushes past me and runs back to the boys as they laugh obnoxiously at Tony’s lame joke. I huff and enter the store, feeling relieved to have my attention back on food rather than those guys. When I get inside Naomi scolds me before helping me round up the snacks and purchasing them. She hands me a piece of gum as we leave the store and hands each boy their order when we get back into the car. I complain that they have to pay me back as they snatch their stuff from my hands. As we pile into the car, there was a space left for me conveniently placed between Vic and Rick. Oh boy, this is going to be a long rest of the ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
(;