Sequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is in progress ♥

Just for a Moment

Make-up and Melt-downs

I am just too excited to go on my date with Jack. After I walked away from him earlier, I rushed to tell Lizzy that I had a date tonight, whom didn't look as excited.

"Seriously?" She gave me a stern look.

"Really?" Kellin asked, overhearing us. I nodded and he ran over to Jack, giving him a high five.

Now at dinner, I'm just so anxious to finish the food that hasn't even got to my table yet. I need to take a shower and change my outfit, this is a special night. I'm sitting at the table in between Gabe and Jesse, across from Lizzy, Kellin, and Roxy. They're three peas in a pod, you'll rarely see them without each other. The people around me engage in a conversation about music as I peer out the window. All I could think about was what was to come. It was perfect weather for an outdoors thing. I'm glad he chose the amusement park; I love that kind of playful and relaxed atmosphere.

"So what do you think, Ally?"

"Huh?" I snap out of la la land and turn to face the people at the table. Gabe was looking at me with an expectant face. I have no idea what they were talking about.

"We wanted to know your input on seeing Jack shirtless," Kellin smirks. I blush to myself as Lizzy smack his arm, calling him a jerk.

"No, we didn't ask that," she says, shooting him a glare. "We asked if you prefer the cello or the violin."

"Oh, that one is hard," I say, tapping my bottom lip pensively.

To save me from my stringed instrument dilemma, the waiter comes bearing gifts. I happily take my plate, eager to dig in to my vegan chicken Parmesan. As I chew, I send Naomi a text asking her to meet me at my room after dinner. Tonight is the night that I'll get over Max completely, I promise him that.

When I'm done eating, I wipe my mouth with a napkin, blow a kiss at Lizzy, and then speed my way out the door. I can't believe how excited I am to go out with Jack. After all this time, I would've saved myself from heartache if I had chosen him. At least he's stuck by me through the drama. I come into to my room and waste no time. As I walk to the bathroom I'm stripping off each item of clothing. I jump in the shower, after a few minutes I hear my door open and shut close as Naomi announces her arrival. I shut off the water and quickly dry myself then step out and put on underwear.

"Hey," I say passing her on my way to the closet. She was sitting on my bed with her makeup kit.

"Hey, I heard the news, I came prepared," she beamed at me. I laugh, picking an outfit out of my closet.

"Who told you?"

"Jack did. He looked really excited, blushing and all. He was dressed nice too," she said, examining her nails.

I smile to myself as I button up my sea-foam green crop blouse. I grab a pair of dark blue high waist jeans, slip my feet into a pair of tan combat boots and turn to Naomi for feedback. She nods approval and pats on the bed for me to sit next to her. After a little bit of makeup, I am ready. I send her off, giving her a peck on the cheek and telling her that I would text her later. I linger for a few minutes in my room, staring at my reflection. The thoughts flying through my head suddenly smack me with reality. I'm going on a date...with Jack. Not Max. I plop down onto my desk chair, rubbing my temples. My relationship with Max was the longest relationship I've ever had. I got used to him. I've been through ups and downs with him. I told him that I loved him. And suddenly it's all over? Now I'm starting new with someone else? I don't know if I can do this! This is so weird. I bite my lip, contemplating whether I should cancel the date or not.

"I can't do this," I say to myself as I get up, starting to pace the room. I've been doing that a lot lately; pacing.

Halfway through last year my anxiety shot up from all the drama, then the last day of school it totally spiked. It's starting to work up at the moment, just thinking of this date. I mean it shouldn't. Going out with Jack is a good thing, right? I just don't think I'm ready to move on yet, what if I ruin it? What will-

My thoughts are interrupted by a soft knock on my door. I come to a halt and stare at it, wanting to crawl up into a ball on my bed and just be left alone. My body on the other hand, dictates my steps toward the door and turns the knob. All my thoughts of uncertainty instantly vanished from my head. Jack stood there with a single peach colored rose; he knew that peach was my favorite color. I smile, taking it and smelling it. It smelled so sweet, that unique smell that only roses have.

"You look great, Ally." He smiles and pecks me on the cheek.

I smile back, but all I can think of is how all too familiar this scene looks. I'm so torn. I'm happy, but at the same time grieving my relationship with Max. I guess he is winning. I don't want to break Jack's heart and mess things up with him. He's so happy to finally get me. Meanwhile, I'm still hung up on the last guy.

"I can't.." I drift off, starting to tear up.

"Woah woah, what's wrong?" He comes into my room, closing the door behind him.

I bite my lip to try and stop the crying, but I give in. I look away, feeling guilty for letting him down. I cover my mouth with both hands to hush my own crying as Jack wraps his arms around me. I tremble with my tears sliding down my face, feeling like crap. He sits me down, softly prying my hands off of my mouth. He rests me on his chest, stroking my hair as comfort.

"What's wrong Ally? Tell me, please." I start to calm down for a little bit, listening to the rhythm of his heart beat.

It's so soothing. I look up at him and sniffle, seeing the hurt in his eyes. My look alone gave him the answer without me having to say anything.

"I knew it was too soon to ask you out," he mumbled to himself. I was ready for him to walk away enraged, not forgiving me for leading him on. Instead he stays, and apologizes.

"What are you sorry about?" I ask, upset. "I'm the one who said yes and got your hopes up without even thinking things through. I'm so pathetic. Why do you still try? I'm not worth it, I'm such a jerk."

"Stop saying that!" He snaps. "You're not pathetic and you're not a jerk. Yes, it sucks that I had my hopes up to go out with you but it's okay," he says wiping one of my tears away. "It's not your fault that your heart is broken. I should've known that you weren't ready. I shouldn't have asked you out tonight." I look down, feeling bad anyway, no matter what he says.

"I could have said no. I do like you Jack. I just.." I sigh heavily, another tear steaming down my face. "I don't know. Everything just started crashing down and I..I just don't want to let you down. Move on. Please."

He lifts my chin lightly, forcing me to look at him. He stares intently into my eyes, captivating me.

"I can't move on Ally, don't you get it? I love you." My eyes widen as what he says sinks in.

I knew he liked me, but I had no idea that he loved me. I'm such a...ugh. I've been messing with his feelings since that night before his party, and all I care about is myself. How could I be so blind?

"I'm sorry Jack, I didn't mean to lead you on or anything. I want to be with you, honestly. I just wish that that insensitive little dirt bag would leave me in peace." He smiles, which catches me off guard.

"I'm glad to hear that. That's all I've been waiting for, for you to admit that you have feelings for me."

"Shut up," I say, a small smile forming on my face.

He leans in slowly, cupping my face. I could tell he was doing it hesitantly, but I lean in and close the space between us. This kiss is so different from the first time he had kissed me. This one is very soft and sweet, yet passionate at the same time. As if he didn't even have to tell me that he loved me; he proved it all though this kiss. We slowly break apart, Jack still staring at me with such care.

"You know," he starts with a low raspy tone, "I was considering not talking to you today since our last encounter, but I knew I couldn't stay away from you." I smile cheekily.

"So I'm irresistible, huh?"

"Don't go flattering yourself now, I never said that," he smirks.

"Yeah, I know, but you implied it." He chuckles and shakes his head, kissing me again.

The rest of the night was perfect. We didn't get to have our ideal amusement park date, but I liked how this turned out better. We spent our night watching corny romantic comedies, picking at chips and soda that I had stored in the fridge, and occasionally kissing. I was so happy, spending this time with him. By the time midnight came around, I didn't want him to leave.

"I'll see you first thing in the morning," he said, hugging me. "Get some rest."

I pout but nod anyway. "Okay, goodnight."

"Goodnight," he says.

He kisses me one last time then leaves. I linger in the hallway, watching him as he walked away. I slump back into my room, too tired to change into pajamas. I just take off my blouse and slip off my jeans then crawl under the covers. I can already see things going well this year. Max who? Hello MJ Academy, it's good to be back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this one hit you guys right in the feels. :)

-K_K