Status: Editing.

Massacre.

prolouge

It was a scream that caught my attention. The desperation and fear encased within it called out to me and lured my closer. I swiftly maneuvered my way through the ocean of people until my eyes found the source of such intoxicating noises.

"What have I said about being late!" a man roared as pulled back the belt in his hand and lashed at a young child’s back. The child wailed, desperate to escape and with each lash his screams grew.

I inched closer, hidden in the shadows, eyes unable to tear away from the violent scene. The boy's marred skin reddened, blood painting the canvas. Although fear was a strong emotion I was able to sense from him, his anger towards the man abusing him was more prominent.

I watched the red tendrils begin to seep into his aura, encompassing him, causing my stomach to churn with anticipation. My chest began to ache, my nails turning to talons, fur sprouting from my skin, my body transforming into its true form.

A growl rumbled from my chest and the boy’s head turned to look at me. His eyes were dark and filled with evil desires. A smile spread across his face when our eyes met.

I tilted my head at him and licked my sharp canines.

-

"How the fuck am I suppose to explain this one!" the elder in front of me roared and jumped from his seat across from me. I bowed my head.

"I was unable to control myself" I apologized.

"This is insane. I cannot believe you, the council is enraged at me for booking so many cases for them to address because of what you did. How dare you imprint on a child! How dare you bring him to me!" he hissed through gritted teeth. I watched him with indifference as he ranted and paced on the other side of the desk.

"It is not as if you are incapable of accommodating his stay here, think of him as a long term client," I tried to reason.

"No! Absolutely not, a house of souls is no place for a human child, how am I to provide for him with my schedule?" He growled, hovered over his desk while his eyes glared me, my dark eyes just watched him.

"You are more than capable of being in many places at once, I am sure you can take care of him, remember that this is only temporary," I reminded, challenging his gaze with a similar one.

"Until what?" he growled arms crossed.

"Until I can better control my urges. Until we both have matured, and I am able to provide for him on my own."

"That is ridiculous, it will take centuries until you are able to control yourself, how can I be sure-"

"He’s mine," I roared, my outburst moved the furniture in the room.. He watched warily, as the things on his desk shifted and moved. The elder sat back in his chair.

"He belongs to me. He has my mark. He’s not human, not anymore. I will return to claim him when I no longer fear of harming him myself. You have my word."

"And what do I call him?"

I smirked, "Call him what he has caused. . . Massacre."
♠ ♠ ♠
Creepy enough?

Edited:December 12, 2016