Status: Editing.

Massacre.

a beauty calm and clear

I didn’t realize I fell asleep until I woke up to hair tickling my face and the feeling of someone carrying me. The first person that came to my mind was Howell of course, because he had been with me, but the person’s smell was too familiar.

It was Reaper.

The thought made happiness bubble up in me.

“Massacre, please tell me you’re awake because I really don’t know how much longer I can carry you, you’re not a child anymore” He sighed.

I tried to respond but all that came out of my sore throat was a croak.

Reaper still put me down and I realized we were outside of the house, the front door a few feet away from us.

“How are you feeling” he asked, stepping close to me and lifting my face to meet his. I closed my eyes and rubbed at my face, feeling my high temperature. I still felt groggy and like shit, but the sleep that was still clinging to me numbed it all

I tried to explain it all to him but it just came out as air and I whined when I realized I had lost my voice. Reaper just sighed and motioned for us to get inside, I quietly followed him

“You should get some rest Massacre” he said, in a way that made me feel like a kid again.

I huffed at him and flopped onto the couch in the living room. Reaper just watched me from the doorway and leaned against the frame. I did my best to keep my arms crossed and a pout on my lips.

I don’t care if I was sick, I still wanted to look cute to him.

A small wooden hand placed itself on my forehead Bone’s face came into my vision. He tilted his head and frowned.

“Your temperature is abnormally high Massacre, I recommend you take a bath or change into something less warm. Perhaps we can get you a wash cloth, or even-”

I pushed the puppet away from me. Reaper was gone from the doorway but my eyes looked their anyway.

“I believe he went to work. . .” Bones trailed of.

“Or course he did” I whispered and made my way to the restroom to take a bath.

I shut the door before Bones could get in. I heard a soft tap against the door meaning he was sitting against it. My eyes rolled at his antics but the feeling that was bubbling up inside of me quickly consumed my thoughts.

Reaper isn’t there for me like he used to be.

My friends are gone.

Howell doesn’t understand.

I just feel so alone.

So I breakdown right there in my bath, shoulders shaking, snot running out of my nose. My face aches and its hard to breath, I feel like shit. But the tears keep coming and when breathing seems impossible I start to panic because I’m too weak to get out of the tub. Bones can’t get in and Reaper’s far away.

“B-bones” I somehow manage to rasp out. I hear his wooden parts click as he runs down the hallway.

I blank out.

And I feel like I’m floating.

Everything seems peaceful, and it feels like I’m there for only a few seconds until I come too again.

“Fuck, Massacre” Reaper whispers, his face is inches from mines, hair stick to his forehead. My lips are warm, I’m still wet from the water.

Tears resurface and I bury my face into his neck, his arms tighten around me and he holds me close.

“I’m sorry” I whimper, but he doesn’t say anything, he just wraps me up in one of the towels and carries me to his room. He gets pajamas from my room and brings them to me, I get dressed in front of him.

“Massacre. . .” he sighs.

I keep my head down.

“Let’s get you some rest” he says softly, pulling back his cover and pulling me down under them with him.

Snuggling with Reaper is familiar and comforting. Reaper is solid, and he’s been there almost all my life.

It doesn’t take long for me to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been thinking about this story a lot.