Status: Editing.

Massacre.

is skewed by lakes and seas

I feel like shit.

Reaper doesn’t look at me anymore, he doesn’t talk to me anymore, he stays away from me. I try to be in the same room as him but he always slips away and when he’s reaping souls, he keeps the door closed with a magic barrier to keep me out.

Even Bones is treating me differently. He seems wary when he’s in my presence. When I move to sit or stand he flinches away and he’s been extremely quiet.

What’s wrong with me?

Why are the two most important beings shutting me out like this?

What did I do?

I’ve tried to ask Bones what’s wrong, but I never get an answer.

Why do they do this to me? Don’t they understand how horrible they’re making me feel? It’s like I don’t even exist, or like I murdered someone. I didn’t do anything wrong. . . did I?

Are they mad at me for making a mess?

. . . is that what this is about?

Despite being sprawled out across my bed in my room, I can hear Reaper moving around in the kitchen. Bones sits quietly on the table near my bed. He averts his gaze..

I get up from my spot and make my way downstairs, taking the steps two at a time.

“Reaper?” I call out. All I get is silence in response.

“Reaper?” I ask again, my voice wavering this time. I can feel water build up in my eyes.

When I reach the bottom floor he’s halfway into his office.

“Stop!” I cry out. His eyes catch mine for a split second but then he turns away and slips into the room. I hear the hum of magic coming from the door.

“Stop it!” I cry, making my way to the now closed door of his office, my hands reach up and press against the wood.

“Reaper, stop it!” I whimper, the tears beginning to fall. I can feel a pain starting to branch out from my tattoo. I sink to the floor and start to cry.

My shoulders begin to shake and my nose starts to run. I sit there and cry like I’m a kid again and Reaper just sent me to the corner. But this is worse, so much worse.

Because I love Reaper, I love his amber eyes, smooth voice, and milky skin. I love Reaper who holds me when I cry and rubs my back when I have a nightmare. But I can’t help but feel that that Reaper is gone. Something has changed and I don’t know what it is.

“Stop acting like a child” I hear from above me. I look up and sure enough Reaper is standing there with the door open.

His amber eyes are narrowed at me and something inside of me shifts. My eyes narrow too and hatred starts to bubble up inside of me.

How dare he look at me like that.

How dare he talk to me like that.

How dare he treat me like this.

I can feel the air shift, and the lighting inside the house seems to dim.
Black tendrils snake through the air and begin to wrap around us.

His eyes widen and seem to move down from my eyes.

I look down too, and then I realize that those black tendrils aren’t coming from Reaper. . . they’re coming from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm alive, somewhat.
What about you?