Status: Editing.

Massacre.

as you surface from the dark

"Shh" someone whispered, my bed shifted from the lack of weight on it. I grumbled, slumber slowly releasing my body from it's grasp. My eyes flickered behind my eye lids and, my ears picking up the soft steps of someone familiar in my room.

"No. . ." I whined, turning over and reaching for the spot where Reaper's body had once been, nothing but sheets in his place. I cracked my eyes open and squinted in the dark, allowing my eyes to adjust. My eyes quickly focused and detected the outline of his figure. I watched him put on and button up the shirt he had left on my bed side table.

"Go back to bed Massacre" he commanded with a stern look and turned his back to me. I just stuck my tongue out at his back, watching his hands fix the collar of his shirt.

"Am I good?" he questioned. I hummed a yes in response and rubbed my eyes, trying to coax them to stop hurting. Reaper picked something up from the floor and placed it on the table by my bed. I glanced at it and recognized the out line of a mini-human skeleton.

"I'm serious" Reaper insisted pressing his hands to the wall where a symbol had been drawn. The symbol lighted up for a second before he opened up the door to my bedroom and the bright hallway lights flooded in. I whined in protest and buried my head into my pillows.

"I just wanna cuddle with you" I admitted into the cushions.

"You know I can never comprehend you like that," he tsked, walking over and pulling my comforter higher over my body. He patted by head and began to walk out of my room.

"Reaper. . ." I trailed off, looking after him. He paused in the door way and his shoulder's slumped.

"I need to work Massacre, go back to sleep."

The door closed with a soft click.

I heaved out a sigh as I turned onto my back, tucking the ends of the blanket under my chin. The soft clinking of Bones' limbs alerted me of his small wooden body crawling onto my bed. The puppet sat on my stomach and watched me for a few minutes.

He silently began to play with the blankets, pinching and gently tugging at them. I rolled my eyes at his strange fascinations and just gazed up at the ceiling, a few glow-in the dark star stickers filling my vision. My finger subconsciously began to rub the tattoo on my collar bone. They felt the various lines and swirls, smooth and flawless compared to my dry skin. I closed my eyes and gently rubbed one of the lines, feeling a soft warmth follow where my fingers touched.

My body relaxed for a second.

"Maybe you should listen to Reaper this time" Bones suggested, breaking my minds peaceful state as he eyed the door. I just grumbled, "It's too early for this conversation." Bones huffed and crossed his arms.

"Massacre, his work is private and confidential, how is it to remain so when you constantly eavesdrop" the marionette scolded. I just grabbed his torso and lifted him up above me. The wooden toy just kept his arms crossed and narrowed his brow bones at me. I looked into his non existent eyes, black pits swallowing me hole. I smirked, allowing my sinister thoughts to change the color of my irises again. I felt my pupils begin to dilate, the symbols on him becoming more visible. A cold sensation swept across my collar bone.

He just closed his mouth and I set him back on my pillow.

"You're still tired. . ." he trailed off as I got up and left the room.

"I'm still not going to listen," I shot back, throwing the covers off my body and making my way out of my room. The ridiculously bright hallway light flooded my vision, the white of the walls, doors, and floors enhanced the overwhelming color and blinded me momentarily.

I grumbled to myself about how stupid and crazy Reaper was for insisting on keeping his home so damn bright. I closed my eyes and covered them with my arm, my pupils definitely did not like the sudden change. I let my other hand reach out and touch the wall, making my way down the hall and towards the spiraling stair case.

But of course my hands touched the door of Reaper's room, a soft hum of magic filling my ears as I passed by.

Reaper slept in his room most the time. Sometimes I'd be able to convince him to fall asleep in my room, but it took a considerable amount of persuading. He was just so stubborn. Despite knowing him practically my whole life Reaper didn't seem to like to allow me to snuggle up to him.

Which made me really sad.

I like Reaper.

I like him a lot.

He takes care of me.

I don't want him to take care of anyone else. I don't like it when he brings home random people and he stays in his room with them. I know what they're doing,I'm not stupid. When he walks out with an extremely wrinkly dress shirt, smelling like sweat and with messy hair, it gets pretty obvious what the hell he's doing.

My stomach twists, and my tattoo delivers pulse of cold ice across my collarbone. I huff and just kept trudging down the stairs.

I want Reaper to myself.

I want Reaper just for me.

I want him and I to be together how we've always been.

But the problem is. . . I don't really know if he wants us to be.

I frowned at the thought.

I only want him with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried getting this out earlier, but it just wasn't flowing.
I like it now.

Thank you for the comments:
polka dot perfection, and xxcityofdreamsxx

I'm not sure if I'm portraying Massacre the way I want to though.
What do you think?