Status: Editing.

Massacre.

of night's unfolding arms

Even upside down, Reaper is mesmerizing. Pale, smooth skin with warm amber eyes that make my heart flutter. His feather like white hair just begs for my fingers to caress them. I watch the muscles in his arms move, veins protruding every once in a while as he scrubs away at his dress shoes.

"Did you finish the packet I gave you?" he asks, eyes still trained on his shoes.

"No."

"Why not?"

"You're much more interesting to look at" I say, a smile spreading across my lips. My eyes study his face for a response but Reaper shows no emotion and continues his task of shoe shining. I frown.

"Staring at me will get you no where in life" he says.

"Why would I want to go anywhere, I'm content with watching you all day" Again I study his face for a reaction but he still doesn't budge.

I huff loudly and pull my legs closer to my body, gravity pulling me off the couch. I move my weight so I tumble and let my limbs loose across the carpet. Reaper finally averts his attention to me.

I shamelessly return his gaze and run my fingers on my shirt where my tattoo hides.

"Your fascination with me is unhealthy" he states. I pout and cross my arms.

"Is not!"

"Yes it is, I have a business event to attend to, I'm taking you with me and I hope you make an effort to socialize" Reaper says, putting his shoes onto the floor and pulling down the sleeves of his shirt.

Usually his business events were huge gathering of many who worked in the field of reaping. Over the years I had made friends with many young reapers in training but recently many of them have stopped conversations with me.

However I didn't take it to heart ,I understood that it was time for them to start to focus on their jobs and gain their own ground in the industry. But it did feel weird to be amongst a bunch or reapers while I was not one.

I didn't know what my contribution to society would be, Reaper has never instructed me on what my purpose was. Which was why I was getting bored with learning the assignments he would give me. I didn't see any point in learning about the past. A lot of my reaper friends were starting to make a life for there selves. I was just here, with Reaper.

I didn't help him with anything and most of the time I felt like a nuisance.

In fact the more I thought about it, the more saddened I became.

A heavy feeling pressed onto my chest and I closed my eyes, my limbs pulling close to my body. I curled up into a tight ball.

"Massacre, there's no reason to be upset" he tsks.

I ignore his words and pull my body into a tighter ball, my eyes getting watery.

I'm just a bother.

I don't have a purpose.

All I do is bug Reaper all day, he doesn't even give me as much attention as he use to. All he does his work, and then I bother him by eaves dropping which usually results in an asthma attack.

I just feel like such a waste.

I'm not important for anything, I'm not important to anyone, not even Reaper.
♠ ♠ ♠
polka dot perfection, and xxcityofdreamsxx
Thank you for your comments.