Status: Editing.

Massacre.

the heavy weight of stone

He warned me.

I know he did. It may not have been said straight out, but I knew it was hiding under his words.

I shouldn't really be surprised and I'm not.

When you stay out in the cold for hours, you get sick.

Guess what I am?

Sick.

I keep wheezing, my body aches and trembles. Bones is not at my side, most likely helping Reaper. My bed covers are pulled over my head as I stay curled up on my side. I wish this sickness would subside. My lungs are beginning to protest for more air but I'm too achy to move. My mind feels foggy as I lay there.

I can feel myself dancing along the lines of conscious and slumber. I can see the darkness from being under the covers and feel the warmth, but my mind isn't really processing much. All I know is that I'm cold and it hurts to breath, my whole body hurts.

As I struggle to stay mentally steady, my hands instinctively reach under my shirt and press against warm, swirled lines. I trace the tattoo, searching for some response from it but it remains dormant. It remains nothing but dark tendrils carved across and bellow my collar bone. Just lines, dancing and intertwining to form an endless web of branches leading into one another.

My bed dips suddenly, an ache shoots through my body and I whimper in response. Someone pulls down the blankets but I close my eyes to escape the light. A cool hand presses against my forehead. I hear the person sigh and then I know without a doubt that it is Reaper.

"Come on Massacre" he says softly as he gently pushes back one of my shoulders. I whine but lay down flat on my back.

My eyes crack open slightly to see him lowering his face to mine. My body freezes up momentarily and my eyes watch as his face comes closer. I hold my breath when he's an inch away from me. His amber orbs look into mine for a second and then look down at the hand that's under my shirt. I quickly pull it out. Reaper turns his head so that his ear faces me.

"Take a deep breath" he instructs.

I do as told. An odd, low squeak leaks out while I breathe. I wince at the pain in me chest. Reaper scowls at me and pulls out the all to familiar inhaler. My hands waste no time in greedily taking it from him and pressing it to my lips.

Reaper sits at my bed side and pulls me to sit up so the medicine can work effectively. My eyes gaze into his shamelessly, but he just keeps his famous poker face. I search for any emotion in hi eyes, but all I see is annoyance, even when I let my irises blend into various colors.

Reaper doesn't find me interesting. Not anymore.

We both remain silent.

The tall white haired male with amber eyes takes notice of every breath of air I take. We both listen until the wheezing is gone and I don't feel much pane emitting from my lungs.

"Don't say I didn't warn you" he scolds.

I roll my eyes in response and spit back a, "Shut up."

The elder just shakes his head at me and stands up, smoothing out his shirt with his hands. I try my best not to follow his slender fingers.

"I know you're not feeling well, but I've been called in to Head Quarters of the organization to give expert opinons on a. . . special case. Massacre, there's no way I'm going to leave you home like this so you're coming with me" he stated, walking over to dresser and pulling out a pair of clothes to change into. Just some sweats and a simple plain t-shirt.

I gave no response to him though, it didn't matter what I say, what ever he wants goes.

Reaper left my room to allow me to change. I pouted and sulked as I covered my body in the new set of clothes. Going to Head Quarters would mean a long drive into the city. My asthmatic lungs were already aggravated from my new cold and the polluted air wouldn't help.

I'd most likely be left to sit alone as well, and endure stares from many who would avoid me at all cost. It doesn't matter that most of them watched me grow up, now no one wants to be near me anymore. I don't know why, but they don't. Sometimes I wonder if it's because I'm not one who harvest souls, but I see them acknowledge humans sometimes. . .

My feet carry me out of my room and down stairs to Reaper's office. I can hear him talking and when I step into the doorway I see a phone pressed against his ear. The phone is squished between his ear and shoulders while his hands untangle Bone's control strings.

The puppet's magic marks however, don't give off their normal blue glow. Bone's has been de-summoned. There's no need for him to be active when no one is home. His sole purpose is to look after me, but today he won't be.

"I'll see you then" Reaper says to the person on the other end of the call and then hangs up. I rest my head against the door frame and pout. He rolls his eyes at me and brushes past me, leaving the marionette on his desk.

"Let's go" he calls over his shoulder and I follow.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is going to be cut in half, a lot longer than I expected. . .

Thank you for the comment:Liar Liar