Status: Comments = Updates

Welcome Home

Meeting Jacob Black

I first caught his scent when I was dragging my slain prey back to the clearing that I had chosen as my place of residence. I had smelled the scent of every type of animal in this continent and beyond, but this scent... It didn’t smell like any of those normal animals, it smelt similar to that of a wolf, but underneath the wolf smell lay something more human like... It was the same scent I have.

Quickly I pulled my dinner in between two rocks and started following the scent. It was very fresh, I should be reaching him soon. I slowed down when I neared the clearing he was occupying. Slowly I creped up, using every hunting skill I acquired in the last two years.

Don’t make a sound.
Slow your breathing.
Feel the earth beneath you.
Go as low as you can.
Get as near as possible to him.

As I got nearer I suddenly noticed that this was the clearing I chose to occupy. He was standing in the clearing smelling at the bag I had left there during the hunt. He wasn’t focusing on his surroundings only on the bag.

I was enraged. Doesn’t he know that you don’t walk into other wolfs territories! I jumped out of the forest and into the clearing ripping him away from the bag before he even noticed I was there. As soon as he caught himself again he turned to look at me. I was standing in front of my camping place and growled at him and then attacked again. This time he saw it coming and moved to the side. But I didn’t let off so quickly, I landed and swiftly changed direction so the I was jumping at him again, this time I got him in the side. As fast as I could I swung my prank towards his face and hit. It seems that only now he realised that I was serious, because now he started to fight back.
He was strong, really strong, and he was fast. But he lacked in one thing: my will to make him suffer. Every bite and every hit was countered with two others until he finally managed to shove me away from him and started racing away. I barked after him and looked around myself. It was chaos. The trees around the clearing had deep marks in their trunks, or had been ripped out of the ground, my clothes lay around everywhere. And it was raining.

Looking around I shook the tension of the fight from my muscles and went back to where I had left my moose. In returning I found that the wolf was back again. But this time not in his russet brown wolf body, but in the body of a toned and muscular boy who was wearing my boxers. I growled at him but he just lifted his arms, a sign of peace? I glared and went on dragging the moose’s body into the clearing, not leaving him out of sight at any time.

“Umm... Hi, I’m Jake and you are?”

I barked at him.

He looked at me confused and sat down. “You know I could understand you better if you would change into your human form”

I glared at him. Why did he come back? And why should I change into my human form? It was weak next to this one. Did he want to attack me as soon as I turned? I smelled the air. No hint of trickery, no hint of anger in his eyes nor scent. Not finding any other signs of wolves or trickery while looking around. I slowly changed into my human form.

The guy quickly looked away, blushing.

“What?” I growled with the voice of a wolf, human words didn’t come to easily to me.

“How about you put something on?” I looked down at myself confused, then remembered that in the human world your supposed to wear something other then you birthday suit. I slowly made my way over to my soaking wet clothes, stupid rain. Took a tank top and a boxer, that were somewhat dry from on of the clothing heaps and put them on.

“Ready?” the boy asked and I growled a yes.

Quickly he turned to look at me again.

“So... Who are you?” I looked at him. He didn’t look all that bad. He was tall with dark-russet skin and shaggy black hair and the same colour eyes. On his right shoulder I could see a tribal looking tattoo. ‘Defiantly a pack wolf... so there are more of us...’ I thought.

“Why should I tell you, pack wolf?”

“Because I told you my name.”

I looked at him for another minute, contemplating if I should tell him and came to the conclusion that it wouldn’t change anything if I did. “Fay”

“Fay... Nice name. Where are you from?” I sighed. What did I do to him that he has to keep on talking to me and wont just leave? I turned to the moose that I had dropped a moment ago and took out a knife. “...I guess that means you wont answer me” he muttered to himself. ‘Bingo!’ I thought.

“I see I’m not welcome. I’m sorry, I’ll leave now.”

I looked up at him.

“No” I whispered. I didn’t think he heard me, but he stopped. I don’t know what made me say it, but somehow, the idea of him leaving made me feel cold inside...

“What did you say?”

“...Don’t go”

He smiled. “Alright.” I was thankful that he didn’t ask me why.

I watched him closely as he sat down on a rock. Then turned back to the moose. With the knife in my hand I started working on the animal.

“What are you doing?” Jake asked behind me.

I took a deep breath and answered in a husky voice “I...need ... the skin ... to sell and ... bones... are useful... No need... to let... it go to waste.” Damn. He must have thought that I’m an idiot. But then again I haven’t talked a lot in the two years in which I’ve lived in the forest. No one to talk to, except the occasional hunters I sell the furs and bones to and the rare moments in which I go into a city.

“Ahh, ok... Can I help in any way?” He asked slowly, pronouncing every word.

“I’m not stupid, you ass.” He looked at me shocked. “I just need... to find my words... again.”

“Sorry”

I looked at him and shook my head turning back to the animal in front of me and finished up. Quickly I stored away the skin and looked up at the sky. Didn’t look like I could make a fire any time soon. ‘Guess that means raw meat again’ I thought and started undressing. Jake quickly turned away. “What are you doing?”

“Raw meat tastes disgusting in human form”

“You’re not going to cook it?”

“With what?”

I saw how he glanced around and came to the conclusion that I was right. Then he started turning to. I looked at him confused and telepathically asked him what he was doing. He looked at me surprised.

We can hear each other.

No shit, Sherlock.

It’s just that I thought you could only hear the wolves of the same pack

I don’t think so. But back to my question. What do you think your doing?

Eating.

What made you think I’m sharing?

It’s a moose, you don’t think you can finish it of alone.

I do.

You told me not to go.

So?

It’s the same as asking me to join you at dinner.

No it’s not.

Yes it is.

Is not.

Yes

No

Yes

No

Yes

No

Yes

No

Yes

No

No

Yes

HA! Thanks.

Wah?! No.

You said yes.


I growled at him. I already won once, I will do so a second time.

Last time you took me by surprise, it won’t happen again.


I growled at him again and attacked. But he was right. This time he anticipated my attack and was able to subdue me, making me admit defeat. He was stronger then me and from that moment on I could smell his dominance. He is the Alpha, no use defying that fact. With a snarl I turned and stepped away from the dinner, letting him eat first.


****


It’s been nearly five months since I met Jacob and we turned out to be a pretty good pair, after a while I even got used to him being the leader. I taught him everything I knew about living as a wolf while he told me everything he knew about werewolves and how we came to be. We hunted together and we explored Canada together, and tried our hardest in exterminating all leeches (weren’t that successful in fulfilling this goal, but we did a pretty good job). I told him about all of my adventures, while he told me about the pack, La Push, the blood suckers and Bella, his reason to live as a wolf.

All the while I could feel his pain. He wanted nothing more then her, but that bitch just let him hang from a cliff, with no chances of survival. She haunted him.

Jake. When is her wedding?

What?

When is Bella’s wedding?

Why do you ask?

You should go.

Wha-? I told you! I will not go to this forsaken wedding of doom!

Jacob! Do you really love her? Then go to her wedding. Allow her to be happy. Let go of her if you really love her.

But... I... I... She...

Jacob if you really love her, you’ve got to forgive the poor girl and let her find happiness. Even if this happiness does not include you.


Jacob turned to look at me.

I know this is hard, I know it will pain you a lot. But its the least you can do for her... And for yourself. I slowly went over to him and touched his neck with my snout leaning onto him. Its the only way you will ever be able to forget about her.

A swell of emotions ran through him, anger, sadness, confusion, annoyance, failure, disappointment and understanding.

You’re right. Thank you. He nudged me and looked into my eyes for a long time. With a sigh he turned around and ran off into the south. He knew that I wouldn’t come with him. Of course, if he told me to come, I would have. But he didn’t, and I was thankful.

He knew we would meet again one day, when I was ready to go back.

Watching him go for a little while more I knew that in some time, maybe in a year or two I would find myself in a little reservoir called La Push, but until that moment came I still had a lot to more to explore and adventures that still waited for me.

With a grin in my face I turned east and started running, not knowing where the road took me next...
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?