Walking on Sunshine

One

“Again, Kaner? Come on!" Tazer shouted through the phone.
“What’s up?” Patrick Sharp asked as he walked into the room where the guys were playing poker.
“Kaner got arrested downtown.”
“For what?” Brent asked.
“Disorderly conduct," Tazer shook his head as he walked across the room, lifting the keys from the glass bowl on the table.
“I'm coming with ya, we need him and you might kill him.”
“If only I could. Coach Q might kill me and then who would be your captain?”
“Me,” Duncan stood up smiling.
“God help us all,” Brent laughed.
“What? I would...” The conversation was cut off as Patrick pulled the door closed.
“What are we going to do with him?” Tazer asked out loud, not necessarily wanting an answer.
“I don't know.” Patrick shook his head.
They arrived at the police station thirty minutes later. Striding behind Johnny, Patrick kept his head down, hoping no one would recognize them. He knew the officers already knew who Kaner was but maybe he could get out of there without anyone noticing them.
“I am here for Patrick Kane,” Johnny spoke to the man standing behind the glass.
“We are going to release him because he is a public figure. Take him home and have him sober up.”
“Don't worry, he will be taken care of," Patrick heard Tazer speak but his attention was on a woman in a suit walking towards them. Her brown hair had soft curls that were tied at the back of her neck and her suit showed off her curves. Patrick watched as she walked by. She nodded, locking eyes with him and smiled but didn't stop. Her attention was pulled into his green eyes but inside them she saw trouble in a Chicago Blackhawks jersey.

Lisbeth sat in the coffee shop talking to Brayden a few weeks later.
“So are you ever going to talk about meeting Patrick Sharp?”
“I didn't meet him per say. I only saw him.”
“Why didn't you say hi or something? Anything would have been good, Nice hair, cool shoes...hey how about, nice ass, Patrick?”
“That is trouble I don't need. I want to get into the firm and out of the public defender business.”
“I know; I just don't see why talking to him would hurt your chances and besides, you are a better dancer anyway.”
“I don't know that it would but I am not taking any and no more talking about my dancing.”
“Looks like your chances just went up.”
Lisbeth turned, watching as several of the players walked into the shop. She didn't see Patrick but figured if they were here, he would be shortly.
“Okay, well I have to get back to the office.”
“And I have to meet Johnny Toes.”
“You know if you call him that it may piss him off.”
“I am not scared. Have you seen my ass?” Brayden smiled as she stood, walking over to get in line right in front of them. Lisbeth shook her head and walked out of the restaurant. She pulled her phone out and was looking through her emails when she bumped into someone.
“Excuse me.”
“Sorry," she spoke. Looking up, she saw a dark beard, full lips and dark chocolate brown eyes.
“I’m so sorry. I should have been looking where I was going," she apologized again, as a small smile broke across his face.
“It's not everyday I get accosted by a female. I will take that as a sign that we will win tomorrow. My shirt however, that may be a problem.” She looked down at his shirt and realized that her coffee had a firm hold on the shirt causing it to cling to his body.
“Here.” She started digging through her purse looking for a twenty to give him so he could have it cleaned.
“No, no no no," he backed away raising his hands. “I don't want your money.”
“Please, it is the least I can do.”
“I have a better idea.”
“What is that?”
“Well you see, my friends are in there and I would love for you to walk in with me and pretend that I just picked you up. Kaner thinks I have no game. Can I have your name?”
“You want me to what?”
“Just play along." He smiled and took her hand leading her back into the coffee shop."Name?"
“Lisbeth.”
She followed him, her face blazing. He walked up, got in line and wound his fingers through hers. She smirked when she saw one of the boys eyes widen then shove another.
“Look what Brandon found," Duncan smiled as he walked towards them.
“I don't think...”
He leaned down speaking into her ear. “Its fine, play along. I will make it worth your while.”
She closed her eyes and leaned into his shoulder, covering her face.
“This is Lisbeth. She threw her coffee on me and I had to buy her a new one.”
“I did not throw my coffee on you!" She looked up at him.
“Well you accidently threw it on me, while you were walking with your head down, reading on your phone," he corrected with a huge smile. She couldn't help but laugh as she smiled back.
“Awww, come on man, you know you probably just tripped and landed on her. We all know what a klutz you are," Duncan laughed as he shoved Brandon.
“Don't make me kick your ass," Brandon threatened.
“No need for you to lose your teeth," Lisbeth stepped up in front of him, smiling. His eyes twinkled down at her as she leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. “This however may be a deal breaker," she tugged at his beard.
“Not my beard; its my best feature,” Brandon smiled.
“If you say so.” She turned back towards the line, laughing at Brayden as she smiled and leaned into Tazer. He stiffened when she leaned in but didn't step away.
“Looks like the Captain has a new friend.” Brandon spoke to Brent, who had just walked up.
“She is really funny, told him to loosen up and smile a little more. Then she told him that he was a better hockey player than Kaner. She really ruffled some feathers with that one, thought Kaner was going to choke on his muffin," Brent laughed. “Hey, I’m Seabs.” He smiled reaching his hand out.
“Lisbeth, nice to meet you. My dad was a huge fan.”
“Was?”
“He passed a few years ago.”
“Oh, I hate to hear that. He was good people if he was a Hawks fan.” Brandon pulled her against him. She liked the warmth of him and thought that he was cute in a caveman kind of way.
“No frowning,” Duncan smiled as he walked over, “I have cookies.” He displayed them proudly.
“Thank you but I don't really eat anything with sugar.”
“What?” The three men turned and looked at her, speaking at the same time.
“I don't like sweets," she shrugged.
“How can you not like sweets?" Duncan frowned.
“I just don't.”
“You have never had one of these.” Duncan smiled as he took a bite of his cookie. Seabs grabbed one and smiled as well. “These are really good. I’m Duncs by the way.” He pushed the half eaten cookie towards Lisbeth. “You sure?” He waved it around. She shook her head and backed into Brandon, who wrapped an arm over her shoulder.
“Back off, she doesn't want any.”
“Fine, I will enjoy them all to myself.”
“Not likely,” Patrick Kane smiled as he walked over, sitting on the table top and grabbing one of Duncs cookies.”
“Hey, you make way more than me, get your own cookies.”
“Yeah, Yeah.” Kaner smiled. “Patrick Kane.”
“Oh I know who you are, introductions aren't necessary.”
“You know who he is and not any of us?”
“I know you guys play hockey, other than that no. I just know he likes to spend the night in jail.”
The table erupted in laughter at Kaner’s expense.
“It was once and I was only trying to get a cab.”
“Once, eh?” Tazer smirked. He had a arm wrapped around Brayden’s shoulder as he walked back towards the line to grab their drinks.
“Okay, so three times," Kaner blushed.
“How do you know I actually spent the night?”
“I am a public defender. I have seen you around a time or three,” she smiled.
“You are a lawyer?”
“Yes.”
“Harvard?” Seabrook asked.
“Yale?” Duncs spoke up.
“NYU,” Lisbeth smiled.
“Oh you look smart enough to go to Harvard.”
“I wanted to go to NYU. I thought I wanted to be a dancer but I developed hips and well, yeah.”
“You look great," a voice spoke from behind Brandon.
“Thank you.” She turned locking eyes with Patrick Sharp. He smiled and she melted against Brandon.
“Damn Sharpie, what took you so long?” Kaner complained
“I had to get gas and I left my phone so I went back to get it; settle down Kaner," he shot back.
“Hi, I’m Patrick.”
“I know who you are. I’m Lisbeth.”
“I know you too.” He smiled making her blush. “Nice to have a name to go with those big blue eyes.”
“Hey, she's with me," Brandon snarked at Patrick.
“Doesn't look like it," Duncs laughed.
“I am here with Brandon.” She smiled and scooted closer to Brandon so Patrick could sit down beside her. She laughed at the situation. Brayden had Tazer in conversation, while she sat with the rest of the guys.
“I think Tazer met his match in that one.”
“I think you all would," Lisbeth spoke over her coffee cup.
“So what are you doing here?” Patrick asked over the loud conversation the others were having.
“I threw a cup of coffee on Brandon and I had to come in with him to prove he had game.”
“You threw it on him?”
“That's his story and I’m sticking to it," She smiled.
“Like a good little NYU graduate," Brandon patted her leg.
“You went to NYU?”
“Yes, I graduated last year and moved back home.”
‘You live here?”
“Yeah, grew up near the river and left to go to school, I did my undergraduate at Loyola.”
“That's cool. Why a public defender?”
“I needed a job," she smiled.
“Oh," Patrick smiled.
“I want to do environmental law and I need to get a foot in the door. It's hard with no experience.”
“I get it.” He leaned into her. “Come to the game tomorrow.”
“I wish I could.”
“You can; it’s only a short ride over from here. I assume you live close by?”
“Are you trying to figure out where I live?”
“What are the odds of me walking into this coffee shop and finding you with your arms around my teammate? I only saw you once but I would never forget those big blue eyes, so yes, I guess I am.”
She blushed and shoved his shoulder. “I am not going to sleep with you.”
“I wasn't asking, not that I wouldn't. I mean look at you.”
“As much fun as that sounds, I am too busy with life to play.”
“If you don't play once in a while you will miss all the fun.” His eyes twinkled as a smile broke across his face. “Just come, it’ll be fun.”
“Maybe. I will have to talk to Brayden.”
“I got this,” he smirked.
“Hey Brayden, you in for the game tomorrow night? Tazer would really love for you to come,” Patrick shouted across the shop. The whole table erupted in laughter as they watched Tazer’s face contort into a frown and then blush as Brayden jumped up and down clapping.
“YES!!”
Patrick turned back to Lisbeth, “Done. I’ll see you tomorrow night.”
“Yes, tomorrow night,” she huffed, then leaned back into Brandon. “Is he always this demanding?” She looked up at Brandon who was still grinning.
“You never so no to The Sharpnado,” he laughed.
“Shut up,” Patrick leaned over her punching Brandon in the arm.
“Ow! That was completely unnecessary,” Brandon complained.
“Well stop with the fucking Sharpnado jokes.”
“It’s funny.”
“It isn't,” Patrick spoke through his teeth.
“It kinda is,” Andrew Shaw spoke as he walked up.
“Not you too, Mutt.”
“You call me Mutt and I can't crack a Sharpnado joke once in a while?”
“No you can't.”
“Awww Sharpie, why you getting your panties in a twist?” Duncs cooed from across the table.
“I wouldn't mess with him,” Seabs smiled.
Lisbeth was giggling at them as they all went back and forth. She hadn't had this much fun since college and she had to admit to herself that she would enjoy hanging out with them tomorrow.

“Would you come on!” Brayden complained.
“I am almost ready.” She shouted as she pulled her dad’s Dirk Graham jersey over her head.
“I like,” Brayden smiled as she walked over and picked up her purse heading towards the door.
They headed towards the L. Once they walked into the arena and picked up their tickets, they grabbed a drink and found their seats.
“Whoa, these are awesome,” Brayden smiled as they sat one row off the ice, behind Crawford.
“I guess it helps that one of the guys got them for us,” Lisbeth smiled as she sat down.
They sat through warmups and as the guys noticed them, they would smile and tap on the glass as they skated by. There were a lot of fans standing down taking pictures and talking about the upcoming game.
After the first period, the girls stood climbing the stairs and grabbing another beer, before walking around to arena to stretch their legs.
“This is so much fun.”
“I am having a really good time.”
“Nice jersey,” someone spoke as they walked by.
“Thanks,” Lisbeth smiled and walked on. Finding the entrance to their section, they walked down only to find a man in a suit sitting in their seats.
“Excuse me,” he spoke as he stood.
“No problem,” Lisbeth spoke as he walked out of the row and then stopped, talking to them.
“I am to deliver these to you. Meet me at the elevators and I will take you down to the family waiting room.” He handed them a couple of plastic cards before nodding and walking away.
“Holy SHIT!” Brayden clapped.
“I know right,” Lisbeth smiled as she thought that as exciting as this was, she just had a really bad feeling about what was to come.

The Hawks pulled the win over the Preds three to nothing. The girls stood clapping as the team congratulated Crawford on his shutout. Patrick smiled up at Lisbeth making her blush. He gave her a small wave and then excited the ice.
The girls made their way to the elevators and were escorted down to the family room.
“Can you believe this crap?” Brayden smiled as she walked around the room smiling.
“It is kind of surreal. I wish my dad was here.” LIsbeth tugged at the Graham jersey she was still wearing.
“He would have been a crazy person,” Brayden laughed.
“Yes, yes he would have.”
“Hey, you came down,” Brandon smiled as he engulfed Lisbeth in his arms.
“Well, we were invited and decided we would check it out,” Brayden smiled as Brandon reached for her as well.
“Hey, you the chicks from the coffee shop?” Shaw asked as he walked over.
“Yeah, thats us, the chicks,” Brayden smirked.
“I didn't mean that in a bad way, I mean you both are hot,” Andrew smiled as he turned and made his way over to meet his girlfriend.
“Ignore him, he is marrying the first girl he ever loved.”
“That is kind of romantic,” Brayden spoke as she fluttered her eyes.
“If you say so,” Brandon frowned.
“I see you found my lady,” Patrick spoke as he walked up and took Lisbeth’s hand.
“Hey,” she smiled and wrapped her arms loosely around his waist, pulling him in a little closer. She inhaled his body wash causing a smile to break out across her face.
“You smell something you like?” he chuckled as he pushed her back and smiled down at her.
“Maybe?”
“I like what I smell; what is that you are wearing?”
“You don't want to know.”
“Of course I do. It’s just one more thing that I will know about you.” Reaching, he tucked a piece of hair behind her ear then leaned in and whispered, “there are so many things that I want to know.”
“Really?”
“Yes. I think you are great and I want to get to know you.”
“Okay, where do we begin.”
“Why a Graham jersey?”
“He was my dad’s favorite.”
“But not yours?”
“I am a Kane fan.”
“And?” Brandon leaned in smiling.
“A Bollig fan.” Lisbeth blushed, pecking him on the cheek.
“That's my girl. See Totally worth it,” He winked as he pulled back.
“You are a pushover,” Patrick laughed.
“Maybe for him.”
“Why him?”
“He brought me in and I met you.”
“Truth,” Patrick leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. “Wanna grab drinks?”
“Sure.” He took Lisbeth’s hand and led her over to where Tazer and Brayden were talking and told them where they were going. Wrapping her fingers in his, he led her out to the parking lot and walked to his car.
“We could walk; it isn't that far.” Patrick shook his head at her suggestion.
“Not possible. Too many fans out there for that but I promise that one night, we will walk around the city.” He smiled, then opened the door to his car. After tucking her inside, he walked around and climbed behind the wheel. She watched him as he took his keys from the cup holder and pushed the key into the ignition. His forearm pushed against his dress shirt, making her automatically lick her lips. When she looked back up, he was watching her.
“You always look this good in a jersey? If you do, I have to get you in one of mine," he smirked, then reached over, dragging his fingers along her face and leaned over, taking her lips with his. As he leaned into her, he pressed her lips with his tongue asking for entrance. She granted his request and he pushed his tongue into her mouth. The kiss brings her to a place she has never been before. Her hands run up his forearms feeling the muscles as they move beneath his shirt. Following his arms up to his shoulders and over his neck, she wraps her hands in his hair. When he pulls back, still feeling his breath on her face, she stays still for a moment, eyes closed, enjoying the moment.
“You ready?” he asks as he pulls away.
“I think so," she answers after a deep breath. It takes a moment for her mind to start firing on all circuits again. She squeezes her thighs together and tries to release some of the pressure that she feels at the moment. She smiles to herself at the fire that he left burning, with that kiss, inside of her.
“What's your poison?” he asks as he walks her to a table full of other players.
“Anything is fine.”
“Anything?” he smirks as he leans in and brushes his lips across hers.”
“Beer please, whatever is on tap.” Smiling she looks back over to Brandon who is scooting into the booth tapping the seat.
“Come sit with me, I will keep you safe.”
“Just keep your hands to yourself," Patrick warns before he walks to the bar.
“So you like Sharpie?” Brandon asks.
“Yeah, he is kinda great.”
“He’s a really nice guy, no doubt. Too bad you hate my beard.”
“It’s not that I hate it, I would just rather see your cute little face.”
“My face is not cute.”
“Well, handsome then," she smiles.
“You know, you are a really great girl. I am glad Sharpie found you.”
“Thank you, Brandon.” Reaching for him, she pulls him into a hug then kisses his cheek before leaning back onto the bench seat.
“Your beer, my lady," Patrick smiles as he sets the beer on the table in front of her. He sits across from her and Brandon and takes a long pull from the bottle in his hand.
“Thank you. Guinness and Harp...how did you know?”
“I had a little birdy telling me what you liked.”
“A birdy?” He points over his shoulder towards the bar where Brayden and Tazer stand waiting on their drinks. Lisbeth smiles at him, then takes a drink of her beer.
“Did you enjoy the game?”
“Yes, it was a lot of fun," she answers Patrick’s question.
“Good, you going to be a regular now,” Brandon smirks.
“I don't know. I have to work a lot of nights.”
“How about you work the nights we are on the road and not the ones when we are home. That way, I can make sure you are in my jersey every home game.” Patrick smiles and reaches across the table and takes her hand in his.
“I hate to tell you Mr. Sharp, but she will be wearing that Graham jersey until you lose. It's bad luck to change jerseys if you are winning," Brayden speaks as she sits down in a chair that Tazer pulls over.
“Then she will never wear your jersey, cause we arent losing anytime soon," Kane speaks up from behind Tazer.
“Why you hiding, Kaner?” Brandon shouts over the music in the bar.
“I am not hiding. I am just more compact than the rest of you.”
“Fun sized. It's called fun sized, Kaner,” Brayden laughs.
“Whatever, it is always pick on Kaner night. I don't know why I hang out with you guys.
“Cause you love us, eh?” Andrew interjects.
“Mostly, but I don't like any of you most days.”
“Oh, you wound me," Tazer laughs.
“Well, I always love you Johnny," he smirks, then turns to follow a girl as she walks by.
“Lets dance,” Patrick pulls at Lisbeth's hand. He leads her to the dance floor and he pulls her close whispering in her ear. “What is your favorite color?”
“Red. Yours?”
“Same. Favorite movie?” Lisbeth shakes her head as she blushes. “What?”
“Tombstone.” She gives him a shy smile.
“Really?”
“Yeah, my dad made me watch it once a month. He said it was payback for making him watch Cinderella five thousand times when I was little.”
“Its a good movie.”
“Whats yours?”
“GhostBusters.”
“Of course it is.”
“What? It's a classic. I watched it everyday for a year."
“I bet you did.”
“Okay, favorite thing to eat?”
“Hotdog with mustard on it, oh and a pickle.”
“For serious?” He backs away so he can look at her.
“Yes, I am serious. Second favorite is french fries.”
“I like french fries, but a hotdog with mustard and a pickle?”
“Sometimes I get crazy and put a tomato on it too.”
Patrick laughed as he pulls her back against him. “If you could be anything other than a lawyer what would you be.”
“A dancer.”
“You like to dance?”
“I love to dance. I just don't have the body for it.”
“Of course you do.”
“No, those girls have no hips or boobs.”
“I think you are beautiful and your body is perfect.”
“But not for a dancer.”
“You can be anything you want. If you want to dance, then you should dance.”
“I want to be a lawyer. Dancing is just a fantasy.”
“Look at me.” Patrick places his finger under her chin and lifts her face to his.
“I thought playing hockey for a living was only a fantasy. I worked hard and never gave up. I know you see those other women and think you are different but being different is what makes us special. Sometimes you just have to walk on sunshine.” He smirked
“I know but to be honest, it was only a fantasy, never a goal.”
“I think you should dance.”
“Of course you do.” She giggles as he turns her and flashes a big smile as she passes by him.
“Okay, what time do you wake up every morning?”
“Five.”
“Damn, thats early.”
“Yup.”
“What time do you go to bed?”
“Depends on what I have going on.”
“Okay, phone number?”
“Haha, very funny," she laughs.
“What? I need to have a way to get ahold of you.”
“Patrick, you are great and I really like you but honestly I don't see how this will ever work.”
“You won't know until you try. I have nothing but time.”
“You aren't going to give up are you?”
“Probably not. I go after my fantasies," he speaks as he leans in and takes her mouth with his.
Everything in his kiss said he was truthful but she wasn't so sure that it was what she wanted. She knew that he was a professional and she wasn't going to judge him by what others did. She also knew in her heart that he could be the one. No one had ever made her feel the way he did and she knew with certainty that he had already stolen her heart and placed it in his pocket for safe keeping.
“Come on," he tugged her hand after he placed a soft kiss to her temple.
“Here." He handed her his phone and waited for her to put her number in. She took it and put her number in and handed the phone back.
“Thanks. I am going to text you so you have mine as well.”
“Okay.” He sat down next to her putting her between Brandon and himself.
“The best thing about this is we are going to be home for almost two weeks. We are hardly ever home for that long. Should I get you tickets?”
“I guess so. I can move my hours around some but I may not be able to make them all.” She knew she was lying. She would rearrange everything just to make him smile. That was probably what scared her the most.
“She’ll be there,” Brayden spoke from the other table, “If I am there, she has to come," she smirked, then turned leaning back into Tazer.

The next two weeks flew by in a swirl of mixed feelings. She felt like she maybe liked Patrick more than she should. Could she love him?
“What are you thinking about over there?”
“I think I love Patrick.”
“And?”
“Its only been a few weeks; it isn't supposed to happen that quick.”
“Who says?”
“Everybody.”
“And they matter how?” Brayden cocked her head to the side.
“It just feels all wrong.”
“What loving him or loving him too soon?"
“I don't know.”
“Let me give you a little advice.” Brayden covered the space between them sitting on the couch beside her and taking her hands in her own.
“Does he make you happy?” Lisbeth nodded
“Is he good in bed?”
“I don't know.”
“You haven't?”
“No.”
“Well you should," Brayden smirks. “Do you think about him?”
“All the damn time,” Lisbeth frowned.
“Don't frown, thats a good thing.”
“It is a little maddening.”
“If I had a thoughts of that man in my mind all day, no I would rather think about Jonathan and his fine ass.” Lisbeth giggled then shoved her playfully.
“What I was just saying.”
“I just see a future with him, I don't understand it maybe that is why it scares me a little.”
“Have you ever felt that way before?”
“Not really.”
“Then go for it.”
“He plays hockey for a living.”
“And you’re an attorney.”
“I know but...”
“No buts. Buts will ruin your life. You have to chase the rainbow before you can find your pot of gold. What if he is your pot of gold and you let him get away?”
“I don't want him to get away.”
“Then chase him silly. He has made it more than clear numerous times that he wants you.”
“I know, I just...”
“Don't do that.” Lisbeth’s phone rang and Brayden turned and grinned. “Speaking of that pot of gold.” She handed her the phone and Lisbeth took it smiling.
“Hello?”
“Hey, babe,” Patrick’s smooth voice came across the phone.
“How is your day?”
“Its okay, I don't want to go on that road trip tomorrow.”
“I will see you tonight.”
“I know; I just don't want to leave you.”
“Its only for three days.”
“Three too many,” he sighs into the phone.
“Patrick?”
“Yeah?”
“Arent you supposed to be taking a nap?”
“Will you come and take one with me.”
“You want me to?”
“Yeah, I do.”
“Okay, I will see you in a few minutes.”
“Awesome.” She could hear the smile in his voice.
She pulled up to his house a few minutes later and walked up to the door. He opened it, standing in pajama bottoms. She tried to look up at his face but couldn’t help but follow the v of his lower abdominal muscles to his abs and across his chest until she met his green eyes.
“You like what you see?” Her blush gave her away.
“It is just a lot of skin to take in,” she smirked
“Get in here and nap with me.”
“Nap, huh?”
“Yes, I have to be good on game days.”
“Oh, so I am safe?”
“You are always safe with me.”
“I know and that makes me love you more.”
“You love me?” Patrick tilted his head as he studied her face.
“I.. I.. maybe?” she squeaked out, totally embarassed.
“Maybe?”
“I think I do.”
“You know I have these really strong feeling for you too like old couple watching grandkids kinda thoughts. Is that strange?”
“I hope not,” she grinned.
“Okay so maybe I will love you very very soon, and you will figure out if you love me too. Okay, now that that is out of the way, nap time.” He scooped her up into his arms and carried her down the hall to his room. He sat her on the bed and climbed in behind her.
“There is a t shirt and shorts over there if you want to take off your jeans.” She shuffled off the bed, grabbing the clothes off the dresser and slipped into the bathroom.
“Better?”
“Anyway I can make you smell like me will work.” He smiled and pulled her against him. He kissed the back of her neck before he settled in. She laid there not really sure she could sleep and listened as Patrick’s breathing turned into soft snores.

“Hey, nice nap?” he grinned over her.
“Yeah, I haven't napped like that since kindergarten.”
“Nice isn't it?”
“Yeah, it was.”
“I have to get to the arena. See you in a few hours?”
“You bet.” She sat on the bed watching as he pulled his suit on. His lavender checked shirt under the gray suit looked good on him. She always liked how he put clothes together and smiled at her thought.
“What?” he smiled at her.
“I just like that shirt.”
“This old thing? My mom bought it for me.”
“She has good taste.”
“That’s what she keeps telling me.”
She smiled and stood going to change back out of his clothes.
“Just wear them home and leave them there. I might need a change of clothes eventually.”
“Are you inviting yourself over?”
“Yeah, I guess I am.”
“Okay.” She leaned up and kissed his cheek before pulling away. Patrick reached out and pulled her back to him covering her mouth with his. She leaned into him as his tongue pushed inside of her mouth. She felt his erection growing against her abdomen and she couldn't help but push into him a little harder. Patrick pulled back cursing. “Fucking hockey.”
“What?” she asked concerned.
“All I want to do right now is be with you and I can't.”
“Soon, Sharpie, soon,” she smirked.
“It is so fucking hot when you call me that.”
“What? Sharpie?”
“Ugh, stop.”
“Sharpie, Sharpie, Sharpie,” she giggled as he chased her down the hall.
When he grabbed her, he leaned down and brushed his mouth across hers.
“I definitely love you.”
“I definitely love you too.” She leaned up and kissed him softly on the lips before turning and grabbing the door knob.
♠ ♠ ♠
This a one shot, however, I enjoyed writing this and may add on some more. That is if you guys want more. :) This is also my first contest entry. Thanks, @MidnightMissSuki for editing for me!