Status: Completed

7 Minutes in Heaven

1/1

Something about Pete was off today. He just hasn't been like his self lately but today he was like a totally different person. All day I was worried about him and trying to get ahold of him but he wasn't answering the phone. I kept leaving him messages and texting him but still no answer. I paced in my room then called up Patrick, Joe and Andy to see if they got ahold of him at all, but he wasn't answering them either. My phone went off and I quickly grabbed it not paying attention to the caller ID and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said hoping it would be Pete

"Hey sweetie" My mom said from the other end of the line "I'm on my way home do you want me to pick you up anything to eat?"

"Yea thanks I'll see you when you get home" I ended the call and sighed. Tears started running down my cheeks. Why isn't Pete answering his phone? I know something has to be up. Why wouldn't he answer his girlfriend? I fell to the ground and started crying. The front door opened and my mom called out my name, but I didn't answer. She walked into the room and ran by my side trying to comfort me.

"Honey, what happened? Are you ok?" She asked hugging me and pushing the hair out of my face

I couldn't stop crying to answer her. Finally the only word I could get out was 'Pete' but it made me cry harder.

"What about Pete? Did he breakup with you?" She tried calming me down

I shook my head and calmed down some more. "No, he has been acting different lately and now he isn't answering his phone. I'm scared because he isn't even answering Patrick, Joe or Andy"

"Just lay down for a little ok? I'm sure he will answer you in a little bit" My mom said as I got up from the floor to lay in bed. From the look on her face I could tell she was worried too but she wasn't trying to show it, because she didn't want me anymore upset. She really liked how Pete treated me and how much he cared for me. He was mostly over my house more then his own so my mom was like his second mother.

I laid there in bed thinking about Pete and tears still fell down my cheeks. I held onto my pillow and closed my eyes then fell asleep. Sadly I had a dream about Pete but it was more like a nightmare. I started being shooken awake and I opened my eyes. My mom was looking down at me with a worried look.

"You kept yelling his name" She told me wiping away tears from my face

My phone started going off and I hurry and grabbed it. On the other end was Patrick.

"Hey, I got a hold of Pete's mom and she said she is with him. We don't need to worry and that we should see him tomorrow" Patrick said

A sigh of relief came over me to know that Pete was alive. Patrick hung up the phone and I checked the time. It was 2:31am so I had been sleeping for about 4 hours.

"Who was that?" My mom asked

"Patrick, he said that he got a hold of Pete's mom and that she said he is fine and we don't need to worry" I told her

She smiled and went back to her room to lay down. I was happy that Pete was ok but I still wanted to talk to him. I fell back to sleep and got woken up again by a tapping on my window. The clock read it was almost 4 in the morning. I got up and opened my curtains and looked out.

I smiled and tears of joy fell from my face. In my yard I saw Pete standing there with his hood up. I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming and opened my window for him. He climbed though my window and hugged me. I cried into his chest and he held me closer.

"You don't need to cry. I'm fine" He said his voice sounded like he has been crying

I looked up at him. He looked tored and sick. "Then why weren't you answering your phone today? I was so worried"

Pete let go of me and sat on my bed. He put his head down and reached into a pocket on his hoodie. He pulled out a empty pill bottle and laid in on the bed. I went over to him and hugged him.

"I don't even know why I did it" He sighed

I let go of him and sat next to him. "Everybody makes mistakes Pete"

"I was in the hospital all day getting my stomach pumped" He told me pulling up his hoodie sleeve. On his wrist was a hospital band and a bruise from the IV needle.

"Who all knows?" I asked

"The band's manger, My mom and you. I'll probably tell the guys tommorow. My mom said that you guys kept trying to get a hold of me so she called Patrick to tell him that we didn't need to worry"

I laid my head on his lap and he pushed the hair out of my face "I'm happy your ok"

"Me too. I'll have to stay with my parents for a little because they want to keep an eye on me" He said

We laid there for a little then a honk came from outside. I sat up and Pete got up to open the window.

"It's my mom" He told me "I have to go"

I nodded and went over to hug him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and smashed his lips into mine. I held onto his hoodie and pulled him closer. He pulled away and smiled.

"I love you" He smiled

"I love you too" I smiled back

He climbed out of the window and got into his mom's car in the driveway. She pulled out and I closed the window. I fell onto the bed and smiled because I knew Pete was still alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't think the ending was good but it's fine.