Status: finished. made for the IG user @full_of_frerardness

Hello Brooklyn

1/1

“Mom! My girlfriend just left me, abandoned me with our daughter, and I’m having a meltdown. Please help me!” I ended the voicemail I left on my mom’s phone.
Right as I got up to go make myself some lunch, Brooke started crying again. I walked into my room and picked her up.
“Shhh, baby it’s ok. Daddy’s here. Daddy will always be here. I promise.” I coo at my daughter.
Jasey, my now ex-girlfriend, had just shown up with Brooke and told me she was leaving. She said she couldn’t handle being a teen mom. She wanted to be able to follow her dreams, so she decided to leave her one month old daughter and boyfriend to head to LA and become famous.
Thankfully Brooke, full name Brooklyn Marie Barakat, looked just like me; the only thing she got from her mother was her blonde hair.
“Daddy will always be here for you. I would never leave you like mommy did. I love you baby girl.”
I don’t know how I will be able to take care of her alone, but dammit I’ll give it my best.
I heard the door unlock and my mom walked in.
“Hey, I just got your message. What happened?” she asked.
“Jasey left for LA and wants nothing to do with me or Brooke.” I stated as I begin to cry. “How am I gonna do this mom? I can’t take care of a baby on my own! What happens when she grows up and needs her mom?”
“Hun, you won’t be doing this alone. I promise I will help you. When you need me, I’ll be here. You will do just fine Jack. I know you will.” My mom told me, rubbing my back.
“I’m gonna be the best dad for her.” I whispered, looking at the sleeping beauty in my arms.
“Will you stay for a few days and teach me how to take care of her?” I asked my mom.
“Of course. But right now it’s really late so you both should go to bed. Night Jack.”
“Night mom. I love you. Thank you.”
I walked into my room and set Brooke down on my bed. After making sure there was enough cushion on the side of her I got on the bed and cuddled up to the best thing that had ever happened to me.
I may not be the smartest guy, but I will be the best dad anyone has ever seen. This little girl has me wrapped around her little finger, and I couldn’t ask for anything better. She will be so loved from everyone around her. But mostly by me, her dad, who would never break my promises to be the best dad and to never leave her.
The next morning I woke up to my mom shaking me, telling me to wake up so she could show me something. I make sure Brooke is settled and still asleep before I get up to follow my mom to the living room.
As soon as I reach the couch, my mom shows me her camera which is set on a picture of me and my daughter.
“When did you take this?” I asked my mom.
“This morning. I went in to wake you to teach you to make a bottle, but this was too cute to not take a picture.”
I look at the picture again. I had my arm wrapped protectively around Brooke, we were both asleep but I had a giant smile on my face, and Brooke’s face was nuzzled towards my neck. It was the cutest picture I’ve ever seen.
♠ ♠ ♠
sooo yeah. i was in a writing mood haha