‹ Prequel: Panophobia
Status: hiatus/possibly abandoned

Feel

jumping the shark.

At this moment, I could think of thousands of other places I'd want to be.

Hanging over a shark tank.

Falling off of a mountain.

Being pushed into a volcano.

But, no. Here I am, sitting in a hospital waiting with a crying Georgia-May and a couple I barely know... with my deceased friend's body missing. Tay was never "officially dead" or whatever the term is, but we knew there was not a chance she was coming back. Her parents kept her on life support but we were all under the impression that she was already gone, up in heaven or wherever you go after you die. I guess they just couldn't let go.

Almost like GM wouldn't let go of the tissue in her hands. I shook her shoulder a bit and gave her a side hug before I turned to Cameron and making a stand up gesture with my hand. He nodded and whispered something to his girlfriend; he gave me a look and I jutted my chin towards the hall before he walked down it.

"Hey, Georgia? I'm gonna go to the bathroom for a second. Will you be okay?"

She nodded, "I'll manage."

"'Atta girl," I smiled and patted her back before standing and following Cameron. He was leaning against a wall, out of sight from the girls.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"I don't know, you tell me."

"What?"

"Listen," I started, mustering up all the bravado I could, "I don't know why you and your girlfriend keep popping up everywhere I turn and like to rain on parades, but it's getting creepy. What? Like, do you get off on that? Making things awkward, huh?"

"We don't mean to do that at all! We're just popping in at all the wrong times, I swear, we're not trying to ruin things. You need to understand that we want to be your guys' friends, okay? I promise, if you get to know us we'll get along alright."

I sighed, "Then what should we do to fix this?"

"Take a night to properly meet each other. You and Vic, Beth and I, let's actually meet each other."

An idea sparked in my head. "One of mine and Vic's close friends is having a get together tonight - some surprise or something - and you guys can come over. Then you can meet everyone."

He smiled, "That sounds perfect. I'll tell Beth. Can you text me the time and place too?"

"Sure, now let's go back."

We walked to Georgia-May and Beth where a hospital staff worker was speaking to them, as calm as can be. I recognized her as one of the nurses who helped me out of here a few months back; her name was Ash. While she spoke, the girls had grave faces, almost unsettling.

"As of now, there's nothing we can do but send out a warning and hope she can be found. Until then, all you guys can do is wait. Stay out of searches; you know where that landed you guys last time."

"Hey guys," Cameron spoke, slapping my back before sitting next to Beth. "Are you ready to go, hun?"

She nodded, gave GM a squeeze on the shoulder and sent me a small smile before standing and leaving, Cameron in tow. I gave GM another side hug before getting up and taking her to the parking lot, where her car was waiting.

"Are you good with driving?" I asked.

She nodded and climbed herself into the front seat, me getting shotgun. It was a silent car drive, the low hum of an Arctic Monkeys song buzzing through the speakers. A mix of sunshine and vibrant blues and oranges blended together as she zoomed past the town, making our way back home.

My minded drifted to tonight's plans. Bones was having a meet up at her house, something having to do with a surprise. I've never been one for surprises and knowing her, it was something big. Either way, I promised I would go to it.

Each day was like something new; nothing would be the same, but I just expected things to be more... normal. After getting my sister back and falling in love, you would think that things would be more calm. But no, the corpse of my friend goes missing and I get kicked out of my house and my friend gets knocked up and it's all just twisted. How am I expected to be able to pick up and go to college? I can't do this, I'm as equipped as a toddler. It's all screwed up, inside and outside. This is crazy and stupid and bleak and just fucked up. If there's a god, then they has a fucked up sense of humor.

"We're here," GM said, pulling up to Vic's house.

"Thanks for the ride," I gave her a goodbye hug and waved as I backed out of the car, pulling out my keys and stepping into my relatively new home. Existential and quarter-life crises can wait for later when I've got a lover to hold. "Vic!"

"Hey, you're home!" I heard from upstairs, but Mike came from the kitchen right when I was going to head on up.

"Sup?" he greeted, carrying arm fulls of food. I raised my brows.

"What's with all the snacks? You got the munchies or something?"

He laughed, "Not me, but Claudia. Pregnancy cravings or something."

"Ah. You're still going to Bones', right? I'm sure she'll have some makeshift feast or something."

"Yes, we'll be going to you two crazy kids," I rolled my eyes. "'Kay, well I'm gonna go give this to her and see if it's enough."

"You do that."

I made my way up the steps and into Vic's room, but he wasn't there, to my surprise. I shrugged, hearing the shower running. Did he really jump into the shower that fast? It's probably some sexual thing he's setting up for me, though. Totally up for that.

I put my ear up to the door and heard him softly singing in there, meaning it was him, and not one of his parents or something. I checked to make sure no one was behind me or looking before I turned the doorknob, careful not to make a sound. The door closed with a gentle swing and I stripped myself of my clothing, plucking at the shower curtain and peeling it back to reveal my boyfriend in all his wet, naked glory.

"Jesus Christ!" he jumped, reaching for the curtain to cover himself. I snickered at him and hopped in as well, still laughing at the look on his face. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"You didn't know I was coming in?" I asked, squirting shampoo onto my hand, lathering it into his hair. He grinned, doing the same for me.

"Did it look like I knew? Thought you were a psycho killer or something."

"Nope, just little old me."

We stepped into the spray, washing away the soap that smelled of coconut. I reached to his conditioner, rolling my eyes.

"What?" he laughed, snatching it out of my hands and plopping a blob into his own, smoothing it over my scalp.

"Herbal Essence? Really? You're such a girl."

"I think the way I look right now proves I'm not a girl."

"You know what I mean," I leaned in and gave him the first kiss of the day. He retaliated by wrapping his arms around the small of my back, pulling me closer to him, where I could feel that he was half-hard. I could fix that.

I got down onto my knees, grabbing his hips and taking the tip to my mouth. One of his hands was tangled into my tangled mess of wet hair, the other bracing itself on the cool tiles as I took him deeper into my mouth. I chuckled and he let out a soft moan above me, looking down.

"I fucking taught you well."

Again, I chuckled.

-


Around eight at night, we were at the front door of Bones' studio apartment, waiting for her to open the door. But we were greeted by Jaime instead, a girl I've never met holding onto his upper arm, smiling. She was pretty, with smooth hair and clear skin.

"Hey guys!" he said, moving back to let us in. "Kellin, meet Jessica, my girlfriend."

"Hey," I greeted, shaking her hand. She smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," I turned to Jaime. "Where have you been hiding her?"

She giggled, "Why don't you guys get some food? Bones' is in the bathroom right now."

"Don't mind if I do," Claudia said, dragging Mike to the kitchen.

That's when I noticed Tony sitting on the counter and Becky sitting on the futon, no where near each other, probably not on speaking terms. Great, just great; whoever I talk to first will make the other hate me. What is with couples and breaking up? Maybe I'm just stupid or it's too early in the relationship, but I haven't wanted to leave Vic, and I'm certain he hasn't wanted to leave me.

The door rang and I noticed everyone that was around me had already moved to other parts of the house. Well then. I opened the door and saw Cameron and Beth, both smiling and excited to finally be included.

"Hi," Beth said, looking around. Cameron gave me a clap on the back as they studied everyone, taking in their faces. "This is a cozy place."

"Yeah. Uh, Bones is in the bathroom but all of our other friends are here. I can introduce you to everyone."

"Sure."

"That'd be great."

Everyone instantly liked them (Jack and Vic already had first impressions but accepted them like anyone else).

"These nachos are fantastic," Claudia said, pushing the bowl near Beth. "Try them."

"Ugh, I've been having pregnancy cravings for nachos."

"Woah, woah, woah, woah. Wait, you're pregnant?" I asked. She nodded, "Shit, you don't even look pregnant."

"Only known for three weeks, not that far along. Probably a month and a half in," she clarified, smiling.

"Dude, I'm preggo too," Claudia spoke up, lifting her hand. They high fived and I shook my head, taking a sip of my Coca-Cola.

I left them alone to bond over their fucking uteruses and made my way to Jack and Tony, who were cracking jokes and laughing. Becky was already in a conversation with Jessica and GM, so I decided to just go to the guys and hope she won't be upset.

About five minutes of dick jokes later, the door in the back opened, and I only expected to see Bones...

"Hey everyone! I have someone for you to meet!"

...but another girl walked out too.

"Everyone, this is Jess, my cousin from the Philippines. She just came to America and is now living with me 'til she gets on her feet."

"I already am on my feet," the girl spoke, eyebrows furrowing together.

"It's an expression, dear," Bones said, trying to hold in laughter. "These are my friends. That's Kellin," she pointed at me, "Tony, Jack - my boyfriend," she said quieter, winking. "Claudia, Mike..."

I tuned her out and gave Vic a look from my spot and he just shrugged, a small smile playing at his lips. I got up and walked to him, taking his hand in mine and kissing the corner of his mouth. I heard a gasp and turned, seeing Jess.

"You two are boyfriends?" she asked. We both nodded, confused. "I've never seen anything like that."

"Well..." Vic said, looking like he wanted to laugh, "it's normal for us. Hope you're okay with it."

"I'm okay with it!" she beamed, shaking her hands a little.

That's when I did laughing, quickly shoving my face into Vic's shoulder and grinning. I saw GM looking at Jess like she was some undiscovered treasure. Oh, here we go again.
♠ ♠ ♠
IM SO FUCKING BAD AT UPDATING OH GOD IM SORRY LOVLIES YOU LOOK NICE TODAY, DID YOU DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH YOUR HAIR?? ACCEPT THIS FLOWER, DONT BE MAD, FORGIVE ME AHH

I've been having family issues and shit and people are moving out and I'm moving around and I just have like, half-written chapters. but I will get better about this updating business. I'll post the second podfic installment tomorrow and the next two chapters for Feel will be uploaded on the weekend. then Wednesday will be normal. pinky promise, if I fail I'll literally post a video of me doing whatever ok? I promise you all.

I'd appreciate some awesome comments. what do you feel about the story so far? favorite character? least favorite? wanna yell at me for jumping the shark? anything else? I love talking to y'all, so let's talk c:

ok that's all, I love youuuuuuu