‹ Prequel: Panophobia
Status: hiatus/possibly abandoned

Feel

truth or dare.

"Hurry up!" Becky yelled from her door, wide open and waiting for me to enter. I stepped out of Vic's car, overnight bag in hand, feeling the sun kiss my virgin legs. After wearing jeans and sweat pants for most my Senior existence, I decided to switch it up by wearing shorts out. They were pink but it's not like any of my friends bat an eye.

"C'mon!" GM joined in, sticking her tongue out at me from the window. I rolled my eyes and gave Vic a quick peck on the lips, slightly feeling the Chapstick he run over his mouth a bit ago.

"See you soon, love you," I said.

"I love you too, pinky."

"Oh shut up," I giggled and shut the door.

He made a face at me before driving off, me waving until he turned the bend. I crossed the street to Becky's house, throwing one hand up, trying to mimic a diva walk.

Georgia-May snorted, "You have out-gay'd yourself, fuck."

"You're just jealous you can be this fabulous."

"Excuse," Bones said, popping out of the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn in her hand, "bitch that is my title."

"Oh please, I am the sassiest motherfucker in the place," I played along, pretending to toss my hair back. I threw my bag her way, "Hold it, bitch."

She let it hit her arm and fall to the floor, "Bite me, Quinn. I'll beat you into the next dimension."

I rolled my eyes and laughed and she threw a few pieces of popcorn at me. "You're such a jerk."

She grinned, "That's what I was going for, little Kellin."

"Hey, where's Claudia?" GM asked, nudging Becky on her arm.

"Still in the bathroom. She's peeing so much, I think it's because she's pregnant."

"That's probably it," I spoke up, picking my bag off the floor, "I remember my mom was constantly in and out of the bathroom when she was with child."

"I couldn't handle pregnancy," Bones laughed, sticking more popcorn in her mouth. "Sounds like too much work."

"All pregnant women do is take it easy," Becky raised a brow.

"Okay, and? Hello, labor is a thing," she retorted, mouth full of chewed popcorn.

We all just laughed and retreated to the living room. It was tradition on us to take all the pillows and blankets we could use and make a huge pallet out of them, laying the sleeping bags in a circle so we could all be close. Sometimes a one or two of us will sleep on the couch, but that's only if we're not feeling our best; the floor isn't the most comfortable place, but it's comforting to have people of each side of you who would take a bullet for you.

It was easy to lay the layers of blankets and add the pillows; two for each of us, some wedged between our bodies for extra cushion if needed in the middle of the night. It was my favorite place to sleep, only behind where ever Vic is sleeping. Seriously, I'd sleep on a bed of nails if he was. It's actually kinda scary to think about how much I love him but I think every true couple thinks like us. It's just... natural? I don't know.

About a minute later, Claudia appeared, her hands on her hips. "Hey, sorry guys. I had to go so bad."

"S'fine," GM said, jumping on the couch and settling in, patting the cushion next to her. "C'mon sista', we're gonna play some Truth or Dare!"

"We are?" I groaned, flopping on the pallet next Becky, grabbing a handful of popcorn.

"Oh yes we are," GM said, scanning each of us. "Hm, Becky, truth or dare?"

"Hm, dare."

"Brave, aren't we?" GM snorted. "I dare you to drink a shot of ketchup."

Bones let out a gag and I laughed as Becky's mouth screwed into a tight line and she got up to get a shot glass and a bottle of the red condiment. GM squeezed the ketchup into the glass so it almost fell over the rim. Becky crinkled her nose before throwing her head back and doing the dare, all of us losing our shit laughing when she swallowed because of her face.

"I can't," Bones giggled.

"You just," GM was holding her gut.

"I'm gonna pee again," Claudia was dying of laughter.

"Your fucking face," I said, almost unable to breathe.

"You're all fucking nasty," Becky claimed, running back to the kitchen to dispose of the shot glass, before coming back with a devious look set in her eyes. "Kellin, truth or dare?"

"Truth," I said, playing it fucking safe. Heaven knows that I don't want to eat or drink any nasty shit. Fuck no.

"Pussy," Claudia teased.

"Okay, Kellin, tell me when was the last time you and Vic got it on?"

My face went red, "Becky!"

"Uh-uh, you have to answer. I didn't drink ketchup for fun; this is the game."

"Fine," I said, seeing Bones send me a knowing look. My face was still red, "Last night. There, done, that's what you wanted to know."

"Ooh!"

"Spicy!"

"Muy caliente!"

"You all suck," I sighed, looking around the room. "Bones, truth or dare?"

"The fuck do I look like saying truth? Dare me, Quinn."

"Okay, I can dare you to do anything, right?"

"I'm not scared of any dare. What do you want me to do? Trip an old lady, kiss someone, what?"

"I dare you to call your little crush and ask him to hang out," I said, putting air quotes on half the sentence.

"Woah, woah, wait," Becky said, "you have a crush?"

"Who is it?" Claudia asked.

"Ooh, little Bonesy has the hots for someone," GM teased.

"Fuck this, no Kellin," she said, her face now the reddest.

"You have to! It's the rules!" I said in a sing-song voice.

"I don't even have his number!" she countered, but I was one step ahead of her.

"I do, just take it off my phone," I stared at her with puppy dog eyes that would put Sam Winchester to shame.

Her hard glare remained for a few seconds before her sighed and reached for my phone. "I fucking hate you, Kellin."

I passed it to her, the screen on Jack's contact. "Love you too."

The other girls crowded around the screen and all went, "Ooh, Jack Fowler!"

Bones sent them all death glares and she put her phone on speaker, waiting for him to answer.

"Hello?" Jack's voice came in on the other end.

"Uh, hey, Jack. This is Bones, Kellin gave me your number. I wanted to, uh, ask you something."

"Oh, really? What is it?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to uhm..." I nudged her to go on.

"To what?" Jack asked.

"Go out sometime?" she said, nervous. Her nails dug into my leg.

Jack chuckled, "Yeah, definitely."

"Really?" Bones said, suddenly sounding more hopeful.

"I'd love to! Where do you wanna go?"

"Uhm, I'm not sure uh-"

"How about I take you out for ice cream? It's the Summer for a reason."

"I'd like that," she smiled, the rest of us silently cheering.

"Awesome, Wednesday good?"

She snorted, "That's tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah. Just text me sometime where I should pick you up."

"Okay, yeah, neat," she said, looking like her wanted to slap herself.

Jack laughed, "Neat. See you then?"

"Yeah, see you then."

Jack gave one more chuckle before hanging up. She put the phone on her lap, looking at all of our grinning faces. "What? You all look like Cheshire cats with your joker-fucking-faces."

"Bonesy!"

"Oh my god, you're going on a date!"

"Took you long enough."

"It's a miracle!"

She lifted a finger and told us all to shut the fuck up. "GM, truth or dare?"

"You know me! Dare."

"I dare you to throw water balloons at the house across the street."

"Ew, the one with that pervy kid?"

"That one."

GM shrugged, standing up. "What the hell? Let's do it. Got any water balloons?"

-


It was around midnight. Claudia was passed out on the couch while Bones and Georgia-May were sleeping to each of my sides. Across from me was Becky and we were both wide awake. Don't know why, but we just were.

"Hey, can I tell you something?" she spoke up, stretching her arms over her head.

"Yeah, sure."

"Both Tony and I haven't told anyone but, we're on a break."

I let that sink in for a second. "What? But I thought you guys were so good together."

"Yeah, so did I."

"Why though?"

"I don't know. He kept saying something about finding himself. He's been more quiet than usual and has been spending way more time alone."

"So he's just going through his emo phase?"

She snickered, "I guess. Just sucks though."

"I know. He'll probably come around though, don't worry."

"I don't know," she paused, making eye contact, "maybe this time he won't."
♠ ♠ ♠
ok first i have to apologize for the brief hiatus, but trust me, i will not stop writing this. i just got too many things on my plate ya feel?

but you'll find out what i've been doing for the past three weeks in a second. c;

enjoy, loves!! xxxx