Status: This story's loosely based facts are focused SOLELY on the show "The Originals." It in no way relates to Vampire Diaries.

In Cold Blood

Chapter 5:

Madeleine felt, rather than saw, Klaus's lips hit hers; he had been moving too fast. But once they did, Klaus was all she could see- soft golden hair and long dark eyelashes and creamy pale skin. 'And the taste', she thought, sighing. 'He tastes like mint and cold winter air.'
She realized faintly that Klaus's lips were working furiously against hers, kissing her as deeply as he could without swallowing her tongue, biting her lip in a way Madeleine wanted him to do forever.
And when he started trailing kisses across her cheek and down her neck, she all but gave out underneath him. Klaus was supporting her neck with one hand and holding her torso up close to his with the other, and he was so immersed in kissing her he practically looked like he was eating her alive- except for the sighs that kept emitting from Madeleine's parted lips.
Klaus was in another world, kissing and nibbling every bit of Madeleine's neck, thinking that she was the softest, most beautiful, most delicious girl he'd ever kissed.
Until Elijah cleared his throat from the doorway.
Madeleine jumped guiltily and pulled herself up right. Klaus remained where he was, a hand still loosely around Madeleine's waist, glaring at Elijah fiercely. His lips were even redder than usual, his hair a tousled mess from Madeleine's fingers, his eyes wild.
Elijah smiled faintly. He thought they looked pretty adorable, but instead he raise an eyebrow and said coolly, "I'm going to assume you two have made up?"
"Piss off," Klaus spat. Madeleine laughed and Klaus turned to her and grinned goofily. Elijah could practically see hearts forming above their heads.
"Well well well, my dear brother has finally found someone to love," he said teasingly.
Klaus frowned at him, but slowly realized he was right. He loved Madeleine. Couldn't bear to see her hurt, or upset, or mad at him. Even if it meant giving up her life, he had to respect her wishes.
He absentmindedly reached for Madeleine's hand, and Madeleine scooted in close and laid her head on his shoulder. Klaus put his arms around her and nuzzled her forehead.
"The reason I'm here," Elijah said, raising his voice slightly, for it was clear he wasn't wanted, "was to remind Madeleine that she has a doctor's appointment in an hour."
"Oh, you're right!" Madeleine hopped up, pulling Klaus up by the hand. "I have to go get dressed."
Elijah raised his eyebrows at the comment, then looked pointed at their entwined hands, but decided not to comment. They were both adults.
"Madeleine, your doctor has asked that I remind you that you'll be having tests done today," Elijah said gently.
Madeleine tightened her hand around Klaus's, and he squeezed her back determinedly. "It'll be alright, love." He kissed her temple. "I'll be right next to you."
Madeleine still didn't want to go. She was in a happy bubble with Klaus right now, and didn't want to be reminded that she had limited time left.
"Don't forget to take your medicine before we go," Elijah reminded her gently.
She nodded, tugging Klaus's hand. "C'mon. I have to get ready." They both shot a brief grin at each other and thundered up the stairs.
"Be ready in an hour," Elijah called after them, rolling his eyes. Klaus, of all people, was one of those guys who turns into a sap when he falls in love.
God help him.