Status: Completed

Love? I'd Rather Fall In Chocolate!

Chapter One

*~William’s POV~*

What’s that word for when someone is very on edge? Every little sound scares them, every shadow makes them think someone is trying to kill them?

Nervous? No that’s not it.

God, you know how hard it is to write a song when your vocabulary sucks? Really hard. Extremely hard. Nearly impossible.

I’m William Joe Aux and I write all the songs for my band Death Grip. I’m the bass guitarist and the screamer, but I still write all the songs. I’m 21 years old and 5’10”. I hate my eyes but everyone else seems to love their bright blue color. My hairs black and has an emo style that hangs in my eyes. I have two piercing, both in my lip in the form of snakebites. I’m also gay, sorry ladies.

Now back to that stupid word. Damnit, I’ll have to call Kyra. Even though it’s 9 o’clock in the morning on a Friday and she’ll still be sleeping.

Kyra Anne Wentworth is our vocalist, and my own personal dictionary. She’s 22 and 5’7”. She has grey eyes, blond hair with hot pink bangs, and a nose ring. Her fraternal twin brother Aaron William Wentworth is one of our guitarists, but you’ll meet him and the rest of the band later.

The phone rang 5 times before she answered. It takes her a bit to get out of bed.

“William, it’s 9 o’clock in the morning, this better be good.”

“I’m writing you a song.”

“Ok, I’m listening.” she answered, giving up easily.

“I’m stuck, what’s that word for when someone’s on edge, very jumpy and scared and everyth-”

“Paranoid.” she cut me off.

“That’s it!!”

“Well, do I get to hear it?”

“When it’s done. More than likely tonight at practice. I won’t have any music for it, I’m leaving that up to Aaron and you.”

“What’s it about?”

“Torturing an ex-boyfriend.”

“Perfect. I love it already.”

“Well you’re easy to please.”

“Don’t you know it babe. Anyway, if you need me again, give me a ring. Otherwise I’ll see you tonight.”

“Kay’s. Love ya, bye.”

“Love you too.”

And we disconnected.

9:20 now, I didn’t sleep at all last night. I had music on my brain and I can’t sleep when my mind is running through lyrics and notes. I need coffee, and I don’t mean wimpy homemade coffee. I mean heavy-duty triple espresso coffee. Steamy’s Café here I come!!

*~Ryan's POV~*

Just like every Friday since the fire, I got up at 5:30. I took a shower and washed as 5'8" of me. After my shower, I cleaned my piercings. Which would be the middle of my bottom lip and the bridge of my nose. I brushed my dark hair so that it hung in my jade green eyes. I'm 20 and I live with my 19 year old sister. Despite what most siblings are like, Riley and I get along very well. We do a lot together and she works with me at the café. I'm trying to get her to go back to school, but she refuses. She says that she will go back when I'm over our parents' death.

I don't see the big deal, it was a year ago already. But every Friday morning, Riley and I go to the cemetery to visit our parents.

Well, my name is Ryan Andrew Kossing. I'm 20 and I work at the Kaukauna coffee shop called Steamy's Café. Riley works tonight and I work this morning. We switch at noon.

I got dressed in my work t-shirt and black fitted straight leg pants. I strung my studded belt through the loops and buckled it in the back. What? It looks better that way. I pulled on my converse and put a thin line of black eyeliner around my eyes.

"Riley Karen! Get out of bed!" I declared while pulling the covers off her bed.

"But I don't wanna." She murmured.

"You gotta. Come on, hun."

"Don't call me 'hun'! I'm your sister." She replied while getting up.

"I can call you 'hun' if I want to. I'm older, hun." I said putting extra emphasis on the last word.

"You get gayer everyday."

"Thank you!"

"That wasn't a compliment."

"Hey! You're my sister, we have to live together, be nice."

"Hmm, being nice wasn’t in the job description." She replied. I gasped.

"I thought you loved me!" I replied, acting like I was hurt, placing a hand over my heart. She giggled and told me to get out so she could get dressed.

I walked into my dad's old kitchen, we kept all his stuff. See, our parents were separated for awhile. So my dad got his own house really close to our mom so we didn't have to be carted from city to city every week. And I would usually go there if I got in a fight with my mom or Riley. They were just getting over their problems and were going to get back together when the fire happened. Riley wasn't there, but I was in my room in the basement when the alarm went off. I didn't hear it right away cause I had my music up pretty loud. I climbed out my window (which is pretty small) and went around to the front of the house. You could definitely tell the house was on fire. My parent's weren't outside like I thought they were. So I did a stupid thing and went back inside. I couldn't find them, then the firemen showed up and took me outside, I didn't realize until later that I got burned. On the back of my neck.

I searched through the fridge for some chocolate milk and when I found it, I poured a glass for myself and Riley.

When we were ready to leave, I grabbed my keys and my man-bag. (yes I have one. I think all men should carry a man-bag. It's easier than having everything in your pockets.) I drove down to the cemetery and parked near the lot. I grabbed the watering can out of my trunk while Riley went to Mom and Dad's grave. I filled it up and brought it over. I watered the flowers we brought last Friday. We couldn't stay long because I had to be at work at 6:15. Riley dropped me off and took the car back home. Most likely she was going back to bed.

I made myself a triple chocolate cappuccino with a shot of espresso. The mornings are usually slow on Friday. But there was a really cute boy that came in with a laptop and chilled there while drinking a triple shot of espresso. He must have to be up late for something.

He was still there when Riley came at 11:50. I was curious as to what he was doing.

"Yo, Ryan." I heard Riley say from the back.

"What?"

"Quit daydreaming. You can go home now."

"Oh." I hung up my apron and quickly clocked out. I grabbed my man-bag and asked Riley to fork over the keys.

"Well, I guess you do need these to drive, don't you? "

"Yes, hun, I do." I replied, smirking.

"What did I say about calling me 'hun'?" she almost yelled.

"Didn't I win that conversation?"

"No. Now take the keys and go home. I'll see you later." I huffed.

"Fine. Bye Riley. Love you."

"Bye Ryan, love you too."

I glanced at mystery boy's screen on the way out and all I could see were words, so I guessed that he was reading something. I hopped in the car and drove home.
♠ ♠ ♠
just so you know, all my chapters consist of one point of view from each of the two main characters.