Status: Completed

Love? I'd Rather Fall In Chocolate!

Chapter Twenty Five

*~William's POV~*

My phone rang, and Ryan left the room so I could have some privacy. (Even though I really don't care. He's my boyfriend, I'd tell him anything.)

"Hello?" I answered.

There was some deep breathing. Short inhales and exhales of air.

"Willy dear." More breathing.

"Mom?"

"Honey."

"Mom are you in labor?"

"Yes, please hurry, I need you to take me to the hospital."

My heart was beating so fast. I could hardly breathe myself.

"Okay Mom, keep breathing. I'm on my way."

"Okay honey, see you soon."

I hung up, and ran from the dressing room to find no Ryan in sight.

"William? You ok?" Andrew asked, sensing the panic on my face

"Where's Ryan?" I asked somewhat panicky.

"He just went downstairs to…" before he could finish, I was out the door. I heard him call after me. "Nice to meet you too!"

Yea, I know that was rude, but my mom is having a baby, give me a break.

I ran down the stairs, skipping every other, I was lucky I didn’t fall. I burst through the doors, and nearly knocked Ryan out.

"Why the hurry Will?"

"Oh my god Ryan, we have to go home NOW! My mom's in labor." I said gripping his shoulders. I lead him towards the front entrance.

"Oh shit." He answered and we both started to run.

I was in no position to drive, I was shaking, and it just would have not been a good idea. So Ryan drove.

"Can't you go faster?"

"Will, I'm already going 10 over. Just calm down, we're almost there."

And we were, we got there and I ran inside, my mom was sitting on the couch. She had her coat on, and her little carry on bag next to her. Ryan and I each took an arm, and we helped her up and out to the car. No words were really spoken. I think we were all just too nervous.

I sat in the back with my mom, helping her with her 'hee hee who' breathing.

Ryan parked in front of the Emergency Room entrance, and while I helped my mom out of the car, Ryan ran in and came out with a nurse and a wheelchair.

Because Ryan wasn’t family, after he parked the car, he had to stay in the waiting room but I went inside the room with my mom.

Four and a half hours later, my mom was still in labor. I was nervous, and my hand felt numb from being squeezed so much. Ryan wasn’t calm either, every now and then, I would leave my mom and tell him how things were going.

At 1:30 am(making it 5 hours of labor) I walked out to find fidgeting in his seat and chewing his lip. If he keeps that up, he'll have it chewed raw. I sat down beside him and he jumped a little.

"Oh, calm down, it's just me."

"How is she doing?" he asked nervously then returned to his lip chewing.

"She's doing fine. She's completely dilated, it should be any time now."

"Go, I'm fine, I don't want you to miss it."

I smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

As I walked back to my mom's room, a couple nurses ran past me, and I didn’t think much of it, until I got closer to the room.

There was shouting and this piercing, loud shrieking cry. As soon as I got inside the room, my eyes shot to my mom, lying still on her bed. I wasn’t in that room for 10 seconds before I was shoved out.

I was shocked, surprised, confused, and crushed. I don’t remember much after that, but I ended up on the floor. I could make out a couple words from the room including 'clear!' and 'time of death'. Next thing I knew, I was crying like I've never cried before. A nurse came out and kneeled down next to me, I couldn’t understand her, but it didn’t matter because I knew what she was saying. My mom was dead and a healthy baby girl was born.